Disneyland Questions

jd99

DIS Veteran
1. Is there any discount on one-day hopper tickets to Disneyland available for any of these reasons: DisneyWorld Annual Pass Holder, DVC Member...

2. Is there somewhere to drop off the family before I go park the car? I can remember parking in the Downtown Disney area and us all going into the DD area, then going and moving the car after a period of time. I'd rather just drop off and go park as soon as we get there. Is that possible at the DD area or anywhere else?

Thanks in advance

I don't know about the ticket's but the parking garage is the way to go because you go down an escaltor or elevator and get on the tram to DD and then walk into the park ! I dont know of anyplace you could do a drop off at except the downtown disney lot and that would not make much sense because the parking there is limited and the walk is about the same once you get off the tram, maybe even farther from the DD parking lot.

and have done that AND parked at DD....Our issue is piling the kids, the stroller and everything into the tram. It is never easy. Given using the ram or parking at DD and getting right on the monorail from there or walking to the park...I would do that and then move the car later. Just hoping there was a drop off place so that I wouldn't have to park twice. But I guess that my memory is correct in that there is no place to drop off.

Yes, there is an area where you can park to "run in real quick" or drop someone off or pick something up...I have done all three. I think it is limited to 20 minutes. It is in the front of the park, near the entrance for the buses. It is right past that entrance on the right hand side. Usually a cast member sits up there on a bench watching and making sure we don't use it as a parking lot. I have gone into Disneyland and left my husband sitting out there for 45 minutes while I was having a Mr. Potato Head moment in DCA.

and thanks for the laugh re Mr. Potato head. This is exactly what i'm looking for. I don't mind going to the garage..just hate the lugging of EVERYTHING with me.

Yes you will love that parking area. You just have to walk the length of the tram/bus drop off. It's usually not that crowded but the neat thing is that you end up right at the entrance to both parks and it's an easy exit. No waiting for a tram to take you back to the parking structure. Have fun!

We have AP's to WDW and no you do not get a break on anything at DL. My husband is in LA several times a year and has an AP to DL as well. We have talked about this often and wished that we could get a pass that would allow us to use them at both places. We are only a 16 hour drive to LA and would probably go more often if we all had AP's. We try to go to WDW 3 times a year with our AP's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter