• Pixar Takeover @ DL

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Halloween party '18 @ DL

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
Colorado Springs here! How about you?

:wizard:

DTC! Yay for fellow Colorado DISers

I'm also in Colorado. Our flights to SNA in a couple weeks were $44 on Southwest and $42 back from LAX. That alone is why we're a Disneyland family now. We've done a couple days here and there at WDW since we spring break on the gulf coast of FL and have take a Disney Cruise out of Port Canaveral, but there is a lot we would miss about DL if making a full fledged trip out to WDW.

Seriously, those deals can get crazy cheap that's why we can't stay away from DL lol!! What airlines do you usually fly with when you go to FL?

DTC! Yay for fellow Colorado DISers

Seriously, those deals can get crazy cheap that's why we can't stay away from DL lol!! What airlines do you usually fly with when you go to FL?
We pretty much always fly southwest because we use points or can earn points. Our spring break tickets to Tampa are booked and we go every year and usually spend $289+ each way but earn so many points, but somehow this year we managed to get flights for $89 each way. We saved like $1600 over previous years.

I would do WDW to give your DH something different, but still give you your Disney fix. :mickeyjum

At WDW, there's so much more to do than just the parks. And the parks are much bigger and quite a bit different, so it still feels like Disney, but in a whole new way.

I agree that DLR is better for those with smaller children. I would do DL at this stage with your family, and save WDW when the kids are a little older and more self sufficient with the transportation issues that come with WDW.

I voted for WDW for kind of my own interesting reason. I was kind of in the opposite situation as your are when planning our summer vacation we just returned from. We live on the east coast (in New England) so WDW is much closer for us than DL is so because of this we have been to WDW many times but never to DL. We this year we decided to try something new and so we took 2 weeks to go out to CA of which we spent 3 days at DL. It was really fun to see the "other Disney" for us as well as to see all the other things we saw in CA. Had a blast both at Disney, California adventure, San Diego, Monterrey and other sites as well. Have to say though the driving out there (especially around LA), CRAZY, i thought Boston drivers were crazy but they are tame compared to some of the driving around LA:lmao:

Perhaps if you will be there 10 days you could fit a bit of other FL attractions in as well as Disney although I will admit there is much more Disney to see in FL than there is is CA.

Honestly though i think no matter which you do it will be great.:thumbsup2

Although the WDW trip sounds really fun and free dining is great I think you would be better off with DL. Here is my reasoning. I have been to WDW 2 times the first time I went for 10 days and me and DD were completely wore out from the 10 day vacation that it was just too long IMO. We even passed up a day and Universal studios to lay around the entire day and watch movies because we were so tired. Mind you DD was 15 at the time and old enough for a long flight but we were both exhausted. We also did free dining which was awesome. Not only will your family be really tired from the 10 day trip but the time difference and jet lag are something not fun to deal with. With small children I have seen them on this long flight and I feel bad for them. They want to move about and cant because they have to stay seated and the poor kids are miserable. And the parents are all stressed out trying to keep their kids quiet as it bothers other passengers. It's a terrible ordeal to go through for the whole family. I think you should wait until your kids are much older and where they can sit still and not go through the terrible flight. Short flights aren't so bad it's the flights where your kids have to stay in one spot for several hours that is horrible for them. Halloween time is fun for the whole family and everyone would have a blast at the party. So I think you should go to the Halloween party as it would be more enjoyable for your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter