Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Yep, got that! I just thought it might help the OP who mentioned rain to put a year to their experience.

Just making sure you caught that 😁. Sorry to pester about it!

I did Tink only the years it was moved to May from January so only 3 years of it (2015-2017) and I can only speak to those 3 years.

Now January? I would have to look that up 😂. But early May is a great month for running in SoCal. It can be warm, but it's not usually quite as bad as it could be. Love when it's a foggy morning race day!

Most likely. As I said, nothing I would buy into. It would just be a fair gesture to others.

They offered so little information beyond "would be returning in 2024" at D23 Expo that even if someone registered for CrD back in October when it reopened for the new season (only a handful of weeks after announcement about West Coast races returning), there was a chance it wouldn't be valid for those races at all.

I'll be very curious what they end up doing going forward. But I agree they're likely to just let current CrD go forward as is without messing yet with any other potential new tier until later.

Tink 10k 2016? It sprinkled for like an hour if even that. Went back in my photo memories and I still have the screenshot of my weather app too showing only a couple hours of 40% rain from 6-8am.

Honestly even that little sprinkle was great, though. Kept it from being too warm.

Okay. I have the photos where the ground was wet for the entire course. I almost fell twice on slippery ground. Given a preference, I'd prefer it to be dry.

I’d guess they had some idea that DL races might be back and they’d have to decide on whether to include them when they announced this season’s CrD benefits last year.

Okay. I have the photos where the ground was wet for the entire course. I almost fell twice on slippery ground. Given a preference, I'd prefer it to be dry.

Interesting. The ground is mostly dry in my photos from that race. I can see a little water near the retaining wall in front of the plant Mickey, but only right next to the wall. Totally dry in front where I was standing and in all other pictures. I'm not saying it didn't rain, just that it only sprinkled from my personal experience and my photo records.

Maybe parallel universes? Definitely trippy.

Totally get not wanting to run in the rain. I don't mind it since I have the gear for it, but it can be unpleasant to put it lightly. I did a Hot Chocolate race in SF that poured so hard with big winds that they changed our course (we were supposed to run by the bay, but was changed due to safety reasons).

Anywho, for what it's worth, that was the one and only time in 3 years I saw any rain during a Tink race held in May.

Interesting. The ground is mostly dry in my photos from that race. I can see a little water near the retaining wall in front of the plant Mickey, but only right next to the wall. Totally dry in front where I was standing and in all other pictures. I'm not saying it didn't rain, just that it only sprinkled from my personal experience and my photo records.

Maybe parallel universes? Definitely trippy.

Totally get not wanting to run in the rain. I don't mind it since I have the gear for it, but it can be unpleasant to put it lightly. I did a Hot Chocolate race in SF that poured so hard with big winds that they changed our course (we were supposed to run by the bay, but was changed due to safety reasons).

Anywho, for what it's worth, that was the one and only time in 3 years I saw any rain during a Tink race held in May.

From May 5, 2016

Tink 10k

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230112_172954_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112_172954_Photos.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230112_172933_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112_172933_Photos.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230112_172923_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112_172923_Photos.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230112_172912_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112_172912_Photos.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230112_172855_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112_172855_Photos.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20230112_172839_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230112_172839_Photos.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 19
From May 5, 2016

Tink 10k

Same exact race, same day :confused3 . Most of the course was dry when I went through.

My hair and clothing are completely dry in all photos too (even with the light sprinkle). Only one I have with a little sprinkle was taken at 5:05am before the sun was even up.

Like I said: parallel universes lol! I definitely did not run a fully soaked course in the rain that day. Maybe I was done earlier than you and I missed it? Because I would definitely remember getting soaked if it rained that much on me. I have some very wet photos of myself from WDW Marathon Weekend 2016 during the 10k 🙃

EDIT: also race was May 7, 2016. Not May 5. May 5 was the first day of the run expo, though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230112-164114.png
    Screenshot_20230112-164114.png
    311.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20230112-173515.png
    Screenshot_20230112-173515.png
    262.2 KB · Views: 19
Once the dates were announced, I figured I'm definitely out because this weekend is just not good for my work schedule. But I texted a friend who recently moved to LA, and asked if she wanted to run a half in Disneyland in January. She said she was in, so now I may have to try to make this work. Getting us both in is going to be a challenge though: I said, OK, registration is Feb 14, and it's going to be like trying to get Springsteen tickets: You have to jump on it at the second it opens. Her response: "Really? For a race?" She is not into Disney and I don't expect she will have the motivation to be sitting there refreshing her browser like you will probably have to do for this one. I have absolutely no confidence we will both get in though, even if we both did try our hardest, so I'm still not sure whether to pursue it. All of that to say, I'm a "maybe" for the half. I guess we are all "maybe"s because who knows who will get in (unless you are Club rD).

Once the dates were announced, I figured I'm definitely out because this weekend is just not good for my work schedule. But I texted a friend who recently moved to LA, and asked if she wanted to run a half in Disneyland in January. She said she was in, so now I may have to try to make this work. Getting us both in is going to be a challenge though: I said, OK, registration is Feb 14, and it's going to be like trying to get Springsteen tickets: You have to jump on it at the second it opens. Her response: "Really? For a race?" She is not into Disney and I don't expect she will have the motivation to be sitting there refreshing her browser like you will probably have to do for this one. I have absolutely no confidence we will both get in though, even if we both did try our hardest, so I'm still not sure whether to pursue it. All of that to say, I'm a "maybe" for the half. I guess we are all "maybe"s because who knows who will get in (unless you are Club rD).

Can't you register 2 people at the same time, or one right after the other? That is how I always did it for my husband and I in the past.

Can't you register 2 people at the same time, or one right after the other? That is how I always did it for my husband and I in the past.
oh maybe! I don’t know, I’ve never done it. I guess still you have the issue of maybe the first person getting in but not the second?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter