Disneyland for Christmas

I think the decorations alone are worth the visit!! Not to mention the snow, (which is is so beautiful, that it give me goose-bumps),the music and carols, and fireworks. We went to WDW last year for the first time and chose Christmas because I wanted to see the decorations, but I honestly thought DL's were better. (Ok, WDW fans you can flame me. Yes I saw every park and every resort's decorations, including the life size Gingerbread house. Which was amazing I might add!) Anyways, maybe it's because DL is more intimate?? I don't know. It's just my thinking. Anyways, I love it at DL during Christmas, and want to go again this year, but I'm still trying to get in a visit before the 50 year fireworks end. I'm hoping to get there yet!!! Have a wonderful holiday.
PS. One thing that did impress me at WDW was the Candlelight Processional. It was beautiful. I've heard rumors that they do it at DL also, but never see any promos for it. It certainly is not a big deal here compared to WDW, that's for sure. :tinker:

We went to Disneyland last year, the week after Thanksgiving. It was a magical, wonderful experience. It was very busy, but we got to see the 50th anniversary fireworks and the snow on mainstreet was completely worth fighting the crowds. The weather was quite tolerable. We brought hats and mittens, but only the baby needed them.

We loved it so much that we are going to go back again this year, but we are going December 2 thru December 9th, which I am hoping will be less busy since kids should be back in school.

Our DD was 18 months last year and she thought it was fabulous. In fact, she is still running around saying "I love Disneyland". I'm sure she'll love Disneyland even more this year.

DisneyLoverinWA

I will be at DL for Christmas for the 5th time this year. Obviously I LOVE IT! :cool1: It is truly magical. The decorations are amazing and almost ruins it when you go back and they are gone - it seems so plain ~ :goodvibes

Hopefully you will have a number of days so you don't feel rushed. Please be sure and take time to stop and look at the details in the decorations. Make it a game with your kids to find decorations that reflect a specific character or movie. If you have digital cameras challenge your kids to find as many characters in the decorations and take pictures of them. Be sure to go look at the decor in Toon Town - very cute!

Another "scavenger hunt" with the camera idea would be for your son to see how many pictures of Christmas trees he can take.

Pictures with Santa at DL is fun if there before Christmas. Wear specail Christmas decorated clothes (you know those things we have in the back of the closet that we pull out after Thanksgiving.) Don't forget about Santa Goofy in Toon Town.

Rides - go early and do the rides that are a must and then get FastPasses for later in the day. Then after you do the rides have fun and enjoy yourself.

Another fun thing to do is have your kids see how many different places the people around then are from while you are standing in line. Keep a little spiral notebook in your fannypack to write down their first name and where they are from and maybe even take a pic on the digital camera and write in the notebook what ride you met them on for later reference.

Don't forget to take pictures when you are eating. Sounds silly but people always regret not remembering what they had when people ask.

Hope this gives you some ideas and build on them as they make you think of other things. Be sure to write it down in a special place. It is way to easy to forget all these fun things when things get crazy hectic just before leaving.
:woohoo:

We're going from the 17th-21 and I'm really looking foward to it. My fiance keeps talking about the HM and the NBC decorations so I have to see them! I have always wanted to experience Disney at holiday time and I don't care how many people are there with me :teeth: I'm so excited!

Hi this is my daughter's opinion of Christmas at Disneyland:

I love disneylannd especially during xmas :cool1: Disneyland is magical already but even better during xmas!!! :love: the rides r AMAZING!!!!!! :thumbsup2

We go for Christmas almost every year because everything is somehow more magical during the holidays! The crowds are unbelievable so we stay more days than we normally would (to allow for a nice relaxed pace), take tours to get PS for parades and shows, and make sure to have PS reservations for any restaurant meals we will be having. I can't wait to go "home for the holidays"! :banana:

tinkermell said:
One thing that did impress me at WDW was the Candlelight Processional. It was beautiful. I've heard rumors that they do it at DL also, but never see any promos for it. It certainly is not a big deal here compared to WDW, that's for sure. :tinker:

The Candlelight Processional is usually the first weekend in December at Disneyland, very cool!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter