Disneyland Dress Code, and * many * Question about the DLH and the resort :P !

Warlock128

Mouseketeer
:wave: First of all, i was wondering if disneyland has a strict dresscode on what you can bring inside the park as far as clothing go? Can it be anything as long as its not too revealing? My gf wants to go as the queen as hearts, as she dressed that way too on halloween, just for fun at disneyland.
again, what is permitted inside disneyland and is a no no?

Now for the DLH. We are staying Dec. 15th and leaving at 11am on the 17th.
since the park opens at 8, we will have our Premium AP from the disney store purchases before hand, but are not activated yet. Yet we got the AP discount confirmed for our hotel over the phone, pretty sweet. Ok, how does Disneyland EE work? And when can we check in? We want to be in the park for rope drop, but how early can we go into the hotel, park, drop our bags, and go into the park... And will we have to return from our disney day, to put our bags in our room and all that stuff, or will hotel staff take care of it.
If we stay at the DLH we get EE for all the days available right? do i get tickets for it or something?

sorry, more questions! trip is coming soon and i want to be as prepared as possible. its my first trip paying for it all myself, let alone going with just us 2 with no other help. Were big kids now :wizard:

If i reserved my rooms over the phone, do i have to pay the whole bill when i arrive, when im ready to leave, or could i do it this morning on the phone, taking care of everything ahead oh time, so i can just enjoy my trip, fully paid off already. Oh wait...i dont have my premium AP activated yet...scratch that, i guess billing when im going to leave is my option now. :rolleyes:

Last questions! i promise ! :p The monorail refurb ends the day we arrive, where is it located closest? Where does it drop you off? do we need to show our tickets to ride it since it goes into the park im assuming....since our AP arent activated as of yet, that happens in the park i think, will they deny us access until its activated? * the AP's * Does the monorail work for EE or is it walk in only?
Has anyone Ever had giftbaskets delivered to thier room while they spent the day at the park? whats inside them? how do i order them? and how much do they cost? you think theya re worth it? details! im spening, in my situation a loooad of money on this one trip we are going on, with the passes, hotel, maybe a gift basket, then food, gas, treats, stuffed dollies, ect. So any tips and hints to make our stay the must magical as possible would be greatly appreciated, i cant stop thinking about our trip for one day until its finally here! :bitelip: Thanks for everyones tips and advice up to this far, and hopefully i can have some more advice as i make the final plans to my trip coming this dec. ^_^. Thank you all again.

The hotel desk should be staffed 24/7, so whenever you show up you should be able to check in and store your bags, and walk to the park.....when you get back you will most likely have to get back in line find out your actual room number, and pick up your keys. For a buck a bag tip, bell services will then deliver your checked bags to your room. If you carrry your cell they can call when your room is ready. I would take a break, and go get settled in, then return to the park till closing.

Adults are not allowed to wear costumes in DL. Actually, only kids 9 and under are allowed to wear costumes.

The monorail has a station in DTD and a station in Tomorrowland. Those are the only two stations. And using your AP voucher will be no problem as you are right, you get your real AP inside the park. The monorail will usually run for EE, but as it's the day it's coming back from refurb, it might not be running first thing in the morning. You'll have to pass the DTD station on your way to the main gates, so it's easy enough to check.

Judy from Boise said:
The hotel desk should be staffed 24/7, so whenever you show up you should be able to check in and store your bags, and walk to the park.....when you get back you will most likely have to get back in line find out your actual room number, and pick up your keys. For a buck a bag tip, bell services will then deliver your checked bags to your room. If you carrry your cell they can call when your room is ready. I would take a break, and go get settled in, then return to the park till closing.

Actually, once you check in and leave your luggage with bell services, you are free to enjoy the park. They will probably give you a key at that time. Therefore, if you do call from your cell phone or any other on property phone to check on your room, (even guest services in the park will let you call) they will probably just tell you what room you have and you will not have to stand in line again. Just look at the hotel map they gave you upon check in and go find your room:) Once in line is usually enough! :thumbsup2

Also once you get to your room, bell services will bring your bags up to you. They will not usually deliver to an empty room. At that point it is a voluntary (but customary) tip of @ $1 per bag. It is only a tip and is not a fixed or charged expense. They will bring your bags whether or not you tip.

I had no idea that adults werent allowed to wear costumes in disneyland. I saw a few when I was there at the begining of Oct. and NO they werent actual characers LOL!

Some dude was all decked out as the Mad Hatter, but he didnt have the nose or the funny talk down, and someone else ironically who wasnt even associated with him, was dressed as Alice in wonderland and she was brunette with down pig tale braids.

mystic_path said:
I had no idea that adults werent allowed to wear costumes in disneyland. I saw a few when I was there at the begining of Oct. and NO they werent actual characers LOL!

Some dude was all decked out as the Mad Hatter, but he didnt have the nose or the funny talk down, and someone else ironically who wasnt even associated with him, was dressed as Alice in wonderland and she was brunette with down pig tale braids.

Are you sure that brunette in a blue dress wasn't Dorothy?

minnietoo said:
Are you sure that brunette in a blue dress wasn't Dorothy?

I didnt go during the trick or treat time at DL. Maybe she was playing Dorothy for fun. I never thought the Wizard of Oz was disney till you brought it up, as there isnt really anything in the park on it. It just never crossed my mind. So I looked it up and you could be right.

LOL but either way, she was dressed up and with a bunch of friends which made me clue in she wasnt an actual paid character.

To answer the EE question - you will get a slip of paper - this is actually your "charge to room" slip, as well as your proof for EE. It is available M,T,TH,SAT. You will want to be in line at least 30 minutes prior to "EE time". Depending on what time the open is, they will either let you in the park (through the turnstiles w/ ticket) at open, or they will let everyone in 15 minutes early to stand by the rope that blocks of main street until open. Not all lines open for EE - it was only the odd number ones while we where there - but check with a CM to be sure.

mystic_path said:
I didnt go during the trick or treat time at DL. Maybe she was playing Dorothy for fun. I never thought the Wizard of Oz was disney till you brought it up, as there isnt really anything in the park on it. It just never crossed my mind. So I looked it up and you could be right.

LOL but either way, she was dressed up and with a bunch of friends which made me clue in she wasnt an actual paid character.

You are correct W of Oz isn't Disney - but people get confused - maybe she was confused.

OK, call me stupid, but how can they code the keys if they don't know the room number??????? I have never stayed at a hotel that can do that ?

minnietoo said:
You are correct W of Oz isn't Disney - but people get confused - maybe she was confused.

LOL maybe. But thats just kind of funny if she were confused.

Judy from Boise said:
OK, call me stupid, but how can they code the keys if they don't know the room number??????? I have never stayed at a hotel that can do that ?

I believe that they actually assign you a room when you check in. However, if it isn't ready yet, they don't give you the room number. Once it has been cleaned and inspected, the room is 'released' for occupancy. So when the guest calls to check on the room, they are told it is ready and what the room number is.
Sometimes when I've checked into the GCH, they've actually told me the room number, but that it wasn't ready yet. I just called after 3 or 4 pm to check.

i just wanted to confirm to you that adults are not allowed to wear costumes into the parks. You might see adults dressed up around halloween time since they have a special thing for employees where the adults can be dressed up. Also the Downtown disney locations have halloween events and at those the adults are allowed to be dressed up as well. As an adult your friend won't be allowed in in a costume.

no costume? Phooie. Oh well, thanks for letting me know, and thanks for all the info on EE, the monorail, and check in.

So let me get this straight, i tip 1 $ for every bag they take into the room * do i tip when i unload my luggage for them, or when i go into my room, which then, they will deliver the bags, or will they be there already? when do i tip people? ;-; *
When i check in around 7am, they will valet park, take my bags, and when i check in the DLH, they will give me my hotel room keys, and ready the room while i enjoy the park, and they will call my cell when it is ready correct? Or it will be ready after 3pm standard, right?

Also i might as well just walk to the gets on friday morning, using my AP and then activate it inside the park.....saturday we will use the monorail for EE, since EE is on a SAT....if the monorail isnt doing EE, thats ok, the gate will be fine too. Also the refurb dates say Matterhorn opens on the 16th, our last day there.... is it possible it might open early on friday? or will it for sure be running on saturday, its one of my favorites and i dont wanna miss it!

Also i plan to end the whole trip with fantasmic, so do you think the last showing of fantasmic will be crowded? we hope to the the main street electrical parade, fireworks at DL, and end it with fantasmic in our 2 day stay. possible? i hope so.

Thank you all again for all your help.

The Electrical Parade, fireworks and Fantasmic all in one night? I guess you sure enjoy a challenge. Is it possible to see them all in on night? I guess. Is this easy to do? No. Is it something I would try? As a DL veteran, no way. Since you have both a Friday and a Saturday and I'm sure all 3 are playing both nights (If the electrical Parade is not on Friday, then you could do that and the second Fantasmic in one evening), try to see one of them on Friday. The Ecetrical Parade is in DCA, not DL and park hopping right before the fireworks is next to impossible, especially if you don't see the parade near it's beginning point.

Warlock128 said:
So let me get this straight, i tip 1 $ for every bag they take into the room * do i tip when i unload my luggage for them, or when i go into my room, which then, they will deliver the bags, or will they be there already? when do i tip people? ;-; *
When i check in around 7am, they will valet park, take my bags, and when i check in the DLH, they will give me my hotel room keys, and ready the room while i enjoy the park, and they will call my cell when it is ready correct? Or it will be ready after 3pm standard, right?

Hi Warlock128,
I must say that I think you are being a wonderful trip planner to get a lot of these details nailed down so you have a smooth trip. Kudos to you!

When you arrive at the DLH at 7am, a valet will come meet you and give you a slip for your car. It is optional to tip valet when you drop off (although I admit I do - $2 -3). Usually whoever is helping you, will get bell services over to load your luggage onto a bell services cart for you. They will give you a luggage tag receipt for however many pieces of luggage you have. Then you go stand in the check in line, which may or may not be crowded at that time with people also checking out.
When you check in they will give you lots of hotel info, a map, and in my experience, a room key that will probably not work anything yet. They will give you the phone number to call to check on your room. I usually call when I have a break in the day, sometime around or after lunch, athough the room may not be ready until 3pm or after. You need to call them, they will not call you. Once you do get your room, you may call bell services and they will deliver your luggage. You need to be in the room, they will not deliver to an empty room. This is when you customarily tip $1 per bag. (You also customarily tip when they pick up your bags on check out morning, and when Valet drops your car off for you when you leave.)

If you are having a great time at the parks, and your room is ready, but it is not convenient for you to go back to the hotel - no worries. The Bell Desk is always at your service. I find that you need to plan at least an hour to get back to the hotel find your room, get your luggage and then get back to the parks, but others may have different experiences.

Have a great time! And don't sweat the small stuff. :goodvibes

The gift baskets can be ordered from guest services , call the hotel and they will conect you. They can e-mail a price list of your options. they are delivered between 4 and 5 pm and they are very nice!

Just to clarify, when you arrive at DLH, you do not have to valet park. You are already being charged a "resort fee" of $10 per night plus tax to cover parking, internet access and the paper delivery on the weekdays. The valet parking is extra and unless you are going out somewhere else, you really don't need someone bringing your car to you. The valet parking is an extra "daily" charge plus extra tips so if you are looking to save a few $$$, this is one easy way to do it!

You can unload your luggage at the curb, usually the bellman will be there and put it directly on the cart. He will give you the stub for your luggage (we usually tip him then too) and then you can go park your car yourself right at the garage there, very easy to do and we have never had a problem finding a spot. It depends on who is with you but usually I go into register with the kids and DH goes and parks the car but I've done it myself making the kids ride to the parking lot with me and then we all go in together. There is a giant escalator from the top of the parking garage that ends next to Goofy's Kitchen and my kids love it, they think it is part of the fun of disneyland.

The person who brings your luggage to your room is usually a different one than the one that takes it from your car so we end up having to tip him too. Don't forget to tip your housekeeper, we usually do that each morning instead of once at the end of the trip because they change, especially over the weekend.

We never took much time to get our luggage to the room once the room was ready. One of us usually pops over while the rest stay at DL and can be back in 30 minutes at the most. Now if you want to unpack stuff, well that can take time but figure at most 10 min walk each way, less when the monorail is open, and 10 min to get the luggage at the most!

I know you will have a wonderful time! Keep asking questions until you understand the ins and outs of DL to make your trip easy and fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter