Disneyland calendar

KAYELIZ

Mouseketeer
I printed a calendar for October a couple of weeks age and Disneyland Park was scheduled to open at 9 AM on October 8th. Now I pull up the calendar today to check again because I was hoping they'd open earlier because of the crowds that weekend, but now they're opening at 10 AM !!!!!!!! Why would they make the opening later if they're expecting so may people that day?

minnietoo said:

I only just found out about the CHOC walk but I would think that Disney figured that into the opening time when they originally put the calendar online. I guess I'm just disappointed because we're coming from the east coast and we only have 2 days at Disney and our plan was to get there at opening and do as much as we could before the parks get really crowded. Now that the opening is at 10 AM, it'll probably be really crowded right from the start. :crowded:

The park is scheduled to be open an hour later that day - hopefully that will help! Since you only have two days I would have a plan on what all you want to accomplish, and make sure you utilize the fast pass system - this will save you a lot of time...you might also want to look at the schedule for gay days - it is on another thread - there are specific places the groups are meeting - each hour - if you avoid those places it might help too.

dizzyami said:
The park is scheduled to be open an hour later that day - hopefully that will help! Since you only have two days I would have a plan on what all you want to accomplish, and make sure you utilize the fast pass system - this will save you a lot of time...you might also want to look at the schedule for gay days - it is on another thread - there are specific places the groups are meeting - each hour - if you avoid those places it might help too.

Thanks dizzyami, for the advice!! I printed the Gay Days schedule so that we can try to avoid the biggest crowds but most of their activities are at DL on Saturday so we had planned to go to DL on Sunday when they open. With the CHOC walk on Sunday and the later opening, I'm not sure how many rides we'll be able to get on. The late closing doesn't help us much because we have to be up so early on Monday (3 AM). If I hadn't already purchased my park tickets, I'd probably try to reschedule this trip for next March.

KAYELIZ said:
Thanks dizzyami, for the advice!! I printed the Gay Days schedule so that we can try to avoid the biggest crowds but most of their activities are at DL on Saturday so we had planned to go to DL on Sunday when they open. With the CHOC walk on Sunday and the later opening, I'm not sure how many rides we'll be able to get on. The late closing doesn't help us much because we have to be up so early on Monday (3 AM). If I hadn't already purchased my park tickets, I'd probably try to reschedule this trip for next March.

If you're really serious about rescheduling, you might try calling DL and explaining the situation. The first person you talk to may not be able to help, but if you ask to speak to a supervisor and keep going up the line, as well as being very polite and courteous, someone may be able to arrange that you could get a refund for your tickets and repurchase for another date.

I've found that it's worth a try in these situations and that if I'm polite (and persistent) sometimes exceptions are made. Good luck! pixiedust:

KAYELIZ said:
I Now that the opening is at 10 AM, it'll probably be really crowded right from the start. :crowded:

This is a good point that I was wondering about, too.

Okay, DIS'ers: have any of you experienced more-than-the-usual-crazy/ -crowded opening times when the park opens up after a closed-to-the-general-public event like choc walk?

Should this, then, require us to get to the gates more than the usual 30-40 min. early?

Will Main St. (at least) be open to us non choc (I'm almost tempted to say "us vanill" ha ha)-walkers if we do get there/ line up before 10?

Thanks a million! All this "choc" talk is making me hungry! Anyone got brownies?
popcorn::

KAYELIZ,
DL is open to midnight that night. Hopefully you can stay late & hit everything you want to. We fly in from the east coast on Oct. 8 & hope to keep going until we drop.

NotSoLittleMermaid said:
If you're really serious about rescheduling, you might try calling DL and explaining the situation. The first person you talk to may not be able to help, but if you ask to speak to a supervisor and keep going up the line, as well as being very polite and courteous, someone may be able to arrange that you could get a refund for your tickets and repurchase for another date.

I've found that it's worth a try in these situations and that if I'm polite (and persistent) sometimes exceptions are made. Good luck! pixiedust:

Thanks, NotSoLittleMermaid, I might give that a try. Do you know where I can find the phone number? When I went to the Disney site all I could find is an e-mail address.

POOH&PIGLET said:
KAYELIZ,
DL is open to midnight that night. Hopefully you can stay late & hit everything you want to. We fly in from the east coast on Oct. 8 & hope to keep going until we drop.

I hope you have a great time POOH&PIGLET !!! The extra hour at closing doesn't do us much good becaue we have to be up by 3 AM on Monday so we won't be able to stay that late on Sunday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter