Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meanwhile, I suppose the Disney Parks Blog was not able to quickly rustle up their big "announcement blog" (about the Frozen takeover of Hollywood Land) this afternoon -- which surprises me, as I would have thought that they'd have some prepared text ready to go, just waiting for the official green light from the Disney execs.

So the announcement must be coming tomorrow (Friday). I can't imagine that they'd wait until Monday, 12/8 to announce it. I mean, at this rate they ought to hustle and get the news out there. If the whole Frozen business is supposed to begin on Saturday, 12/20 (with a likely media day or soft launch on Friday, 12/19), they've really only got a couple of weeks until it begins.

So, let's prepare for the "big revelation" tomorrow!

And then, when the Frozen stuff finally becomes official, the next waiting game will be for Disney to clue us in on some of the plans for the 60th anniversary next year! I suspect that they may tell us one or two things -- just to pacify us -- before the end of this year, but they will probably hold off until spring to tell us the majority of the details about whatever is happening in 2015 (especially since the events of the 60th are not even supposed to begin until May).

:3dglasses:3dglasses

I guess this is it...

New ‘Frozen Fun’ Opens at Disneyland Resort January 7

I like the idea of meeting Olaf...

But, I am wondering where they are adding Arendelle in Storybook as I fear they may be evicting someone else. I am also wondering if they will reduce the Beauty and the Beast and Tangled stories to 2 each instead of 3 to make room for the Frozen story at PFF.

Honestly, I really do think this is way too much Frozen!

Having a great time at the hotels. We have visited all 3 hotels and spent time in DTD. It is beautiful. Had a delicious and relaxing dinner at steakhouse 55 last night and breakfast with mickey at surfs up. WE WERE ABLE TO CLAIM OUR PHOTOPASS PLUS AT SURFS UP. they have starting doing it at both goofy's and surf's up./QUOTE]

Do you have to eat there or could I just stop there and pick mine up? I'm trying to maximize my park time. LOL

I just read the Parks Blog piece and it seems like it pretty much confirms what all the rumors had been predicting. The only thing that kind of jumped out was the soft opening date (12/20) which is a "a sneak peek of many of these exciting experiences." I wonder which experiences will be opening then and if any will be held until the official opening date (1/7, right after the holidays end).

I am also hoping that they aren't going to evict anyone from Storybook Canal to add Arendelle. There are some open areas, so maybe they'll move things around and add it (rather than remove).

I have to admit that I liked Mad T Party a lot, so I'm curious to see what Freeze the Night turns out to be. No mention of a live band, but maybe there will be something like that for the "Frozen Fun Crescendo".

When they do add in Frozen to the Royal Theater, I wonder if A&E will meet after the show like Belle and Rapunzel often do. Can you imagine the crowds? (I can see them not meeting just because getting through everyone that would want to meet them might be difficult. I know when Rapunzel and Flynn were meeting the CMs were asking everyone to just take one photo pose so that there would be enough time for everyone to meet them. The line stretch across the the theatre for them, so can you imagine the crowd for Anna & Elsa? :eek:)

I am also hoping that they aren't going to evict anyone from Storybook Canal to add Arendelle. There are some open areas, so maybe they'll move things around and add it (rather than remove).

When they do add in Frozen to the Royal Theater, I wonder if A&E will meet after the show like Belle and Rapunzel often do. Can you imagine the crowds? (I can see them not meeting just because getting through everyone that would want to meet them might be difficult. I know when Rapunzel and Flynn were meeting the CMs were asking everyone to just take one photo pose so that there would be enough time for everyone to meet them. The line stretch across the the theatre for them, so can you imagine the crowd for Anna & Elsa? :eek:)

Storybook - I just keep picturing the snow topped mountains and thinking they will move Arendelle right in there... :scared: I guess they have probably been working on the houses for a while and can just "plug them in" where they want them to go. I wonder if Casey Jr. will be open to ride around and check out the work. (Normally I think they are both closed at the same time, right?!)

PFF - I didn't even think about a meet and greet!!! Wow!

II am also wondering if they will reduce the Beauty and the Beast and Tangled stories to 2 each instead of 3 to make room for the Frozen story at PFF.
The Parks Blog just indicated that the Royal Theatre will only be presenting Frozen once it starts that show (so no B&B or Tangled during Frozen Fun).

I haven't been keeping tabs on this Frozen stuff because it was coming after our trip. How long is it expected to last? Is it only until about May when the 60th celebration starts or is it going to hang around longer? Seems like a lot of work is going into it!

The Parks Blog just indicated that the Royal Theatre will only be presenting Frozen once it starts that show (so no B&B or Tangled during Frozen Fun).

Wow!!! I thought I missed it until I read the comments section... Holy cow!!!! I really think this is out of control!! :scared:

I haven't been keeping tabs on this Frozen stuff because it was coming after our trip. How long is it expected to last? Is it only until about May when the 60th celebration starts or is it going to hang around longer? Seems like a lot of work is going into it!

I feel as if I have heard the word "temporary" when used to describe this new Frozen stuff, but I think it's going to be around A LOT longer than May...

According to the Parks Blog, most of the events will run through May 15th. They'll probably look to see how popular it still is at that point and then make decisions about extending the event or not. It also probably has to do with whatever they have planned for the 60th.

According to the Parks Blog, most of the events will run through May 15th. They'll probably look to see how popular it still is at that point and then make decisions about extending the event or not. It also probably has to do with whatever they have planned for the 60th.

Thanks. No trip planned during that time frame, so I guess we'll just wait & see :)

We are planning on spending Christmas Eve at Disneyland. We are so cal residents, and I used to do the Christmas Eve thing for years up until 2009. We would eat the yummy holiday buffet served at the Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian Hotel. Turns out, this year, none of the big restaurants are planning on offering the Christmas dinner selections on Christmas Eve...only Christmas Day.

So we will have to find something else.

Anyway, as part of my itinerary planning, I want to try and fit in the 10:00pm Downtown Disney Carolers, but we will be at the end (farthest from the gate) of Main Street for the fireworks show and the "snow."

How long does the fireworks show last? It will start at 9:15, and I recall its a fairly long show. So does anyone know the actual length of the show, and where in Downtown Disney are the carolers?

Thank you,
Misty

How long does the fireworks show last? It will start at 9:15, and I recall its a fairly long show.
HydroGuy went and saw the fireworks and WoC on the same night and posted that the firework show is 10 minutes long and "snow" falls for quite a bit after that. So, I would say to allow about 15 minutes for the fireworks show and a chance to take in some of the "snow" fall afterwards.

Storybook - I just keep picturing the snow topped mountains and thinking they will move Arendelle right in there... :scared:
The Parks Blog just said that Arandelle is going to be where the Old Mill sequence was previously located. So...no more Old Mill. That's kind of sad because of the historic importance of the Old Mill cartoon, but I can see where newer guests probably have no idea why the Old Mill is there in the first place. At least they kept Mr. Toad's Hall!

The Parks Blog just said that Arandelle is going to be where the Old Mill sequence was previously located. So...no more Old Mill. That's kind of sad because of the historic importance of the Old Mill cartoon, but I can see where newer guests probably have no idea why the Old Mill is there in the first place. At least they kept Mr. Toad's Hall!

I was just telling a co-worker about the Old Mill spot when talking about Frozen taking over Disneyland... ;)

I'll just caveat the Food Blog's report. I bought two of the Mickey Elf Popcorn buckets and the head lid worked okay on mine. It won't withstand being turned upside down, but it stayed closed while I was walking with it. She also mentions the Mickey Elf Stein as being available at MVMCP (at the MK in WDW), but she doesn't mention that it's also available in DLR at a few locations at least (Jolly Holiday and Hungry Bear, maybe more). So you don't have to go to MVMCP in Florida to get one! :rotfl:

I saw several steins at White Water Snacks yesterday too

Okay, I loved the movie Frozen. I loved the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. What I don't love is having a movie franchise take over DL and WDW. The history of Disney is very important to the integrity of the parks. When the imagineers fiddle with the historical elements just to cash in on a current phase, it seems sleazy. I hated when they messed with the Tiki Birds and PoC. However, I know that modernization and growth is important, too. Look at how great Carsland is! But did they sneak Lightning McQueens into other rides to make it work?! No! Frankly, I am positively on Frozen overload. They are actually ruining my love for the movie!

Okay, I loved the movie Frozen. I loved the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. What I don't love is having a movie franchise take over DL and WDW. The history of Disney is very important to the integrity of the parks. When the imagineers fiddle with the historical elements just to cash in on a current phase, it seems sleazy. I hated when they messed with the Tiki Birds and PoC. However, I know that modernization and growth is important, too. Look at how great Carsland is! But did they sneak Lightning McQueens into other rides to make it work?! No! Frankly, I am positively on Frozen overload. They are actually ruining my love for the movie!

I'm new on this one...so where all have they included this? I haven't been to DL since the beginning of summer. I know I am sick of seeing the stuff in stores everywhere.

Here is the press release to support the Parks Blog:

http://disneylandnews.com/2014/12/0...rnia-adventure-park-jan-7-for-a-limited-time/

:cool1::cool1:

I agree, lucysmom!:thumbsup2

As I said a couple of pages back -- each one of the Frozen elements and events taken individually is fine, but I wish they were not all descending on DLR at the same time -- and let's not forget that the ice rink will be in DTD through 2/22/15 -- and invading Hollywood Land and all of that.

For me, it's too much Frozen all at one time. I liked the movie -- I thought the story felt a little Rankin-Bass clay puppet special-ish in addition to feeling Disney-ish. It was a cute little movie (not my favorite Disney movie) that I enjoyed...but did not love. And when I don't LOVE something to start with, I don't want to see 1000 attractions revolving around it at the same time, in many places.

And before anyone says "But it's a cultural phenomenon..." I don't care. I get tired of other cultural phenomena too! Sometimes the phenomenon in question can veer into over-saturation.

It's too much Frozen, everywhere. I think a lot of it will last beyond May, or will go away for a while and then come "back by popular demand" in time for the holidays. I'm sure that we will eventually get the Frozen treatment on the Winter Castle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter