Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #2 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, may I ask something silly?

For all you experts and frequent visitors to DL/DCA:

What do you suggest we do when the park is too busy for us to do anything?
Any secret hang out spots?
Or activities that not a lot of people know?

I'm afraid that I will be the scrooge and won't want to hang out at the park when it gets to capacity (I'm a claustrophobe). I'm sure I can make an excuse to just hang out in our hotel lobby for a day or two. But I don't want to do that the whole time we're there... hehe...

Looking for suggestions.

Welcome back, Sherry! Hope you had a great time. I'm looking forward to your trip report and pictures! :goodvibes

Thanks, Flitterific! I took soooooo many photos that I actually do not know what to post first!!:rotfl2: And I wasn't even done yet! (I had two entire days and nights to myself, so I went nuts with the camera - to the point where 4 different men were questioning what I was taking photos of because they couldn't see anything that fascinating!:rotfl2: Haven't they ever seen someone taking a picture of a potted plant before?:rotfl2:) If I'd had one more full day all to myself, I would have blazed a trail over in DCA too, with the photos. But I missed a lot. I needed just one more day of alone time to get it all done - or more of it done. I skipped the nighttime Winter Castle this time - because I got a good shot of it in November. And I skipped nighttime IASWH this time, because others have taken really outstanding shots of it and mine won't be any better until I get a different camera. I also could not get a good shot of the snow on Main Street to save my life. The 'snow' has shrunk from how I remember it a couple of years ago, so the 'flakes' are barely visible on my camera. In the past, you could see more snow in pictures.

I want to start my TR. I don't necessarily want to post the exact same photos in this thread while I am posting them in the TR at the same time. Of course, I got all the expected photos that everyone has - like of the wreaths in NOS and the wreaths by IASWH - but I think I got a few cool and kind of different ones, too. At least I'd like to think so. So I have to start loading all 1600 photos to Photobucket and try to establish what to post here!!

We had a great meal at Goofy's last Sunday (they had not relocated it yet). I don't know who was recently saying that the eggs were mushy and gooey, but ours were not. The eggs were yummy. We never seem to have the horrible experiences at Goofy's that others say they have, luckily.:confused3

OK, may I ask something silly?

For all you experts and frequent visitors to DL/DCA:

What do you suggest we do when the park is too busy for us to do anything?
Any secret hang out spots?
Or activities that not a lot of people know?

I'm afraid that I will be the scrooge and won't want to hang out at the park when it gets to capacity (I'm a claustrophobe). I'm sure I can make an excuse to just hang out in our hotel lobby for a day or two. But I don't want to do that the whole time we're there... hehe...

Looking for suggestions.

ok when you ask what to do when the park is busy.. first off i hope you mean DL, if so DCA has alot to offer.. lots of shows, you can not miss Aladdin! it's awesome, also the animation building has shows and things to do, that is a fun experience specially "turtle talk with crush" :thumbsup2

secret hang out spots--umm tortilla jo's is one, and naples, that have yummy food!! an TJ's has the best Margartias!:thumbsup2 but as far as inside the parks, for DL i would have to say Coke Corner... but when it's really cray at DL, i would hit up the Wine Bar at the Medocino Wine terrace, if the weather is nice that is a nice place to sit and relax! if you don't drink no problem, they have other choices! and yes you can walk around DCA with your wine in a plastic cup--they only seve in plastic unless your at the Alfresco lounge(above the wine bar) the mendocino terrace is located next to the blue sky cellar--and that is also something you don't want to miss...it basicly a place to go and see what will be happening to DCA in the next 2 years!

Also... ... the Lobby of the GCH is awesome. they have big comfy chairs to sit in , you can just stare at the tree and archictecture for hours! plus they also have a bar to get cocktails, beer and wine at and they allow you to sit by the giant fireplace and just relax!

I hope this helps! :goodvibes ;)

So I was looking through my photos and I found one that I don't think I have posted yet.

CopyofDSC_7200.jpg

This must be one I took in November since I didn't size it down yet.

ok when you ask what to do when the park is busy.. first off i hope you mean DL, if so DCA has alot to offer.. lots of shows, you can not miss Aladdin! it's awesome, also the animation building has shows and things to do, that is a fun experience specially "turtle talk with crush" :thumbsup2

secret hang out spots--umm tortilla jo's is one, and naples, that have yumym food!! an TJ's has the best Margartias!:thumbsup2 but as far as inside the parks, for DL i would have to say Coke Corner... but when it's really cray at DL, i would hit up the Wine Bar at the Medocino Wine terrace, if the weather is nice that is a nice place to sit and relax! if you don't drink no problem, they have other choices! and yes you can walk around DCA with your wine in a plastic cup--they only seve in plastic unless your at the Alfresco lounge(above the wine bar) the mendocino terrace is located next to the blue sky cellar--and that is also something you don't want to miss...it basicly a place to go and see what will be happening to DCA in the next 2 years!

Also... ... the Lobby of the GCH is awesome. they have big comfy chairs to sit in , you can just stare at the tree and archictecture for hours! plus they also have a bar to get cocktails, beer and wine at and they allow you to sit by the giant fireplace and just relax!

I hope this helps! :goodvibes ;)

All good ideas Funball. Also when in the Animation building, I love to just sit and watch the montage of Disney movies. Find a seat and watch 360 degrees of picture screens showing movie clips and stills of the movies featured in the montage. I always smile at some of the songs and clips of my favorite movies. Maybe I should try it with a glass of wine the next time I go ;).

All good ideas Funball. Also when in the Animation building, I love to just sit and watch the montage of Disney movies. Find a seat and watch 360 degrees of picture screens showing movie clips and stills of the movies featured in the montage. I always smile at some of the songs and clips of my favorite movies.

OHH THAT IS RIGHT!! YES .. I forgot about that!! i knew i was forgetting something...shame on me.. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Really it come down to this. :)

When DL get’s crazy I really do see people head over to cove bar and the wine bar and the alfresco lounge..it’s a place to get away while the crazyness of the parade while the crowds settle.. and to take a break ;).. they also do serve a cheese box at the wine bar. It’s very good! I know it sound bad but I do know where to find good cocktails! :rotfl: ;), at 4pm the alfresco lounge opens (don't ask how i know :rolleyes1) and they do serve 4 differnet types of appetizers, i have had every single one--i can't tell you my favorite they are all VERY good :yay: :thumbsup2

FUN AT DISNEY~ you should.. but you know don't be shocked at some of the wine prices.. it is disney.. besides they got some good wine on that list at the alfresco lounge.....

anyhow so back to the xmas thread.. now you all know my secrect spots to hang out at when it's crazy xmas time at disneyland! ;)

Really it come down to this. :)

When DL get’s crazy I really do see people head over to cove bar and the wine bar and the alfresco lounge..it’s a place to get away while the crazyness of the parade while the crowds settle.. and to take a break ;).. they also do serve a cheese box at the wine bar. It’s very good! I know it sound bad but I do know where to find good cocktails! :rotfl: ;), at 4pm the alfresco lounge opens (don't ask how i know :rolleyes1) and they do serve 4 differnet types of appetizers, i have had every single one--i can't tell you my favorite they are all VERY good :yay: :thumbsup2

Well this information is good to know for when my hubby and I take our late anniversary trip in February. I was just thinking what are some good ideas to do without my pesky teenagers.

FUN AT DISNEY~ you should.. but you know don't be shocked at some of the wine prices.. it is disney.. besides they got some good wine on that list at the alfresco lounge.....

Don't worry. I am fully aware that I will need to "break the bank". The good news is that we are finally getting out of the weight of the recession we have been experiencing for the last two years. Show be a good time for us.

U know I wasn’t shocked when I saw the popcorn bucket prices this year for xmas,, because I have to remember it’s Disney..and I am not shocked when my cocktail rounds out to $9 a glass… and my wine is $6 dollars …but what I was shocked about was that little magic towel I bought for my BF’s son for xmas was $3.95.. the thing is no bigger when packaged up then the palm of my hand..and I have super small hands…

And I was shocked to see the xmas apples at $9!!!!!! But other then that nothing shocks me anymore as far as prices go at DLR

Ok kcmike is soo good with the photos. man I wish I had those mad skills!!

Thanks Funball and Funatdisney! No mad skills here just get lucky. Key is to just keep shooting. BTW I think your shots are wonderful!

Looking forward to Sherry's trip report and photos!

Ok kcmike is soo good with the photos. man I wish I had those mad skills!!

Thanks Funball and Funatdisney! No mad skills here just get lucky. Key is to just keep shooting. BTW I think your shots are wonderful!

Looking forward to Sherry's trip report and photos!

I know I can’t wait to see her photos too!! I hope she got some good ones!

Welcome back, Sherry!! Sounds like you were trying to take 12 days of Christmas pictures in three or four (... and a partridge in a pear Tree Quest). I hope you found everything you were looking for and ate loads of goodies, after photographing them, of course.

Looking forward to your TR and anything special that lands here!

PHXscuba

Sherry, welcome back! We were at Goofys on Sunday also. Our ressie was at 11:00. We might have been in the same food line. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter