Hi, my husband and I are DVC members!

Due to our schedules, right now it works best for us to vacation in August.

I will potentially be 35 weeks pregnant in August with a October 5th due date with our first baby.

We would like to do one last vacation before the baby.

Is this insane?? We would plan to stay at Saratoga or Poly and only do 1 or 2 park days.

Has anyone done Disney very pregnant? Was it completely awful, or am I overthinking things.

We potentially could bank the points to the next year use those points then bank our next years points to the next year and take 2 trips when the baby is about 2 years old.
Congratulations on your happy news!

While everyone is different, that last month is the worst. You are peeing like every 30 minutes, feet are swollen (let alone from heat and humidity in august), you are hot, and you are probably not sleeping well. August in Florida is AWFUL (and I live here!).

I don’t know how far you travel, but I wanted to stay near home (just in case) in the last few weeks.

Second trimester is best time for a baby moon trip like that, otherwise, I recommend relaxing and planning a disney trip for after baby arrives.

Just my 2 cents from this mom of a 9 month old and 3.5 year old.

Congratulations! I say go and have fun. It will be hot and if it is, you relax more at the pool or the resort. If you don't get in much of the park, then you don't. One year, the group I was with decided they didn't want to do the heat of the day so we did parks starting at 6 or 7 pm until close, slept in late the next day, enjoyed the resort and meals, and did what we could this way!

It worked out very well as we took advantage of the night hours at the parks!!!

Congratulations! I went to Disney and traveled fairly often while pregnant with both of my kids. The latest I did Disney(land) was around 27-28 weeks in July and that was fine (and fun). I couldn't do the treehouse twice in a row and keep up with my 3.5 yo but I did it once and then sat down and caught by breath. The latest I flew and traveled for work was around 36 weeks (with my second child) and the flying was hard. By then it was not always comfortable to sit for long periods, and standing was also sort of hard. Both of my kids were born at 39 weeks, I had already started dilating around 37 weeks.

Been there done that in August in the Parks almost 8 months along preterm labor with a toddler - I took breaks and drank lots of water - lots and lots of water - I often went back to the room
FYI / trip planned and paid before surprise happened - we also did a week at the beach too
As long as your Dr is ok with it / take it easy you will be fine
Enjoy !!
WOW. I am in awe of you.

To the OP:

As others have said, if you can move the trip up a bit, even a few weeks will make a difference. Also with it being your first kid, it's hard to predict how you will feel by then. It could be fine, it might not be.

As for it being August, the heat can be bad anywhere - and at least at WDW you can spend a day in a cabana by the pool. By the time I was that big, being in the water was a great relief - I could cool off, feel weightless, be comfortably positioned face down (amazing how much you will miss that when you can't do it). If you go, I just wouldn't be expecting to "do Disney" the way I had in the past. Water, cooling towels, fans, breaks. It's not impossible, but whether you fly or drive, the travel part could be hard at 35 weeks. We drove 4 hours to VT fairly frequently during both pregnancies and I we had to stop usually 2-3 times on a trip that long.

Don’t awe me in hindsight it was probably not smart
I got on the plane having contractions but assumed it was just preterm labor ( it was) the best part was I was sick the whole trip with sinus infection and developed a fever and had to call my dr for meds - special 💰💰💰ones for when your pregnant
She knew I was doing the trip - hospitals are everywhere I wasn’t worried - life happens - enjoy it !!

August in the parks would be horrible. Not to mention a hurricane popping up earlier in August than normal. August is rainy season, humidity in the 100% range, heat about 95-100 degrees.

I had a baby in October and took her to Disney the week after Thanksgiving (7 weeks old). The weather was beautiful and I carried her in a Moby wrap all through the parks. We had one of our best trips ever! I would have been miserable pregnant in August but early December with a newborn was a breeze. My vote is push your trip back 2 months or so! Traveling pregnant or with a toddler is rough. Traveling with a newborn is easy! Happy travels and congratulations!

Honestly if you want to have one last vacation before baby, WDW is literally the worst place for that. You should just rent out your points and find a nice beach trip on Redweek or Koala or something. There are tons of Marriotts that have awesome beach locations. Try one of those with your rental income.

It's really going to depend on how nervous you are and how you fare in the heat. I went to Disney pregnant twice--both around 6 months, but both times in December. It's REALLY limiting because you can't do a lot of rides. I hated Animal Kingdom because there were almost no benches anywhere at the time and zero rides I could actually do. I spent one whole day nervous (with my first) because I got jostled on Pirates after thinking I was bracing at all the right moments. And then I got food poisoning from one of the resort restaurants and was sick as a dog.

One thing I didn't think about was the CROWDS and people with backpacks constantly turning and slamming into my stomach. After seeing the fireworks one night we declined to do so the rest of the time we were there.

36 weeks would be a little too close for comfort for me, but you know yourself and your body best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter