Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked sarah about the chaperones and she said the adult requirement/limit only applies to school groups - for open enrollment any adult can attend that wants to.
I love Disney, and I am sure nothing would happen, but I would not send off my child with strangers for hours :confused3 he is only 8 though

Thank you for this! I was getting ready to call and double check this. I'm not prepared to leave my kids either. They are almost 8 and 9. Plus I want to go to the class too! And where everyone is their own little group, in essence, it makes sense that at least one adult should go with their kids/group.

My tickets for January arrived by FedEx today. We bought 6-day park hoppers and saved over $400 and we're really excited about the class too! From the description, it looks like we will be going places in Animal Kingdom that we'd go to anyway... but with a Disney guide!

My tickets arrived today via Fed Ex too. What an awesome savings. We were on the fence about canceling this trip. But I said to DH let me see how cheap I can do it. And I've been saving like crazy and not spending anything.

Can anyone tell me how long it took for your card to be charged?

I put my order in on Friday online and my credit card was charged on Monday.

Plus I want to go to the class too!

I know :laughing: my Dh and I were "arguing" over who got to go to the classes ;) I get to go to Wild by Nature and Ocean Discoveries. DH is *so* excited to go to the "Physics - properties of motion" one at MK

Our tickets came via Fed Ex today too - all set with our 10 day PH's :thumbsup2
Be aware that the prices quoted do not include tax - that was an additional $40 for our tickets.

We had to cancel the dining plan because we got the tickets this way. I think we will end up saving from that too though - we are at a mod so we have a fridge, so we will plan to have breakfast in the room, pack snacks and lunch and eat dinner at QS.
Some people like to live the high life on vacation - I like to live like a pauper and gloat over money saved :laughing:

Ok, I got the wrong the tickets today as expected however they were able to make it right for me. Sending the wrong ones back and getting the new ones. She also said the classes were filling up good so here's hoping they will fill up.

Be aware that the prices quoted do not include tax - that was an additional $40 for our tickets.

I didn't pay taxes. I only paid $10 for shipping (instead of picking up at Will Call window), and a $4.50 per person registration fee.

Still, we came out WAY ahead!

I got my order- thanks so much for the xtra info on open enrollment classes- that meant we could buy a different length of tix,and the price was GREAT! Actually,I didn't get it,I got the invoice,I'm picking them up when we get there next month,but I've done the hs classes before,and their will call usually works well,so I'm not concerned.

I didn't pay taxes. I only paid $10 for shipping (instead of picking up at Will Call window), and a $4.50 per person registration fee.

Still, we came out WAY ahead!

Really? How odd! I didn't pay a registration fee, but I paid $10 for shipping and $40 in taxes...my state does not even have sales tax. Maybe I should call?

If you don't mind my asking, has anyone been quoted a price for 6 or 7 day tickets, park hopper or non?

I've got a trip planned in January and I didn't know about this program. Several of the classes are available while we are there. I'd have to rearrange my reservation (I've got a package right now), but it looks like it would definitely be worth the effort! Thanks!

I don't remember exactly but I believe the 7 day park hopper was around $175 per person with water parks and more option

If you don't mind my asking, has anyone been quoted a price for 6 or 7 day tickets, park hopper or non?

I've got a trip planned in January and I didn't know about this program. Several of the classes are available while we are there. I'd have to rearrange my reservation (I've got a package right now), but it looks like it would definitely be worth the effort! Thanks!

I paid $166 each for 6-day park hopper passes, plus the $4.50 processing fee or whatever is it called.

I saw someone post earlier about AP's, so I just wanted to be sure everyone knows.

This is from the Homeschool Days site, and does not indicate any hint for Y.E.S. programs:

This is a hard ticket event. No Disney Annual Passes will be accepted for this event.

Kind of upsets me a little. While I know things like MVMCP and MNSSHP are separate events, I think we should at least get a discount, something token, for having AP's, since we are forced to, in essence, double-ticket those days.

Does anyone know whether these can still be booked for January or is the reservation window closed? SOmewhere I thought I saw a "six weeks in advance" but I can't find it, and I'm interested in programs 5 weeks from now, Jan. 18 and 19

ETA:
After posting the question above I tried entering the dates I want in the online order form and it's letting me do it...It's even letting me put in a date 4 weeks from now, Jan. 11...interesting!

Maybe we're going to Disney in January!!! :yay::cool1::banana::banana: !!!

I bought 8 day hoppers and they were $179.50 each.
I have now received all my tickets with no problems.
Don't be alarmed when your tickets say "YOUTH" on them.
That signifies they came from the Youth program only not that an adult can't use them.

THANK YOU THANK YOU OP!

Just registered and I couldn't be more thrilled. I had been not-thrilled about taking my 7th grader out of school (well, clearly it didn't bother me enough to do something crazy like not go, but still...) and this makes me feel a little better. She's an artist, and so we'll be going to the animation class-it'll be perfect. Plus, she gets very anxious about trying new things, so it'll be great that I can go with her (and I am excited to go!). The ticket savings were fabulous-four hundred bucks for four tickets, buying 7 day hoppers.

I did call Sarah with YES registration first and she was friendly and very helpful. I had wanted to register for a photography class on the 15th, but although it's listed on the schedule, it's not on the list of classes for open enrollment. (We arrive on the 10th, flying from the West Coast, and so making it to the class at 7:45 am on the 11th seemed to be pushing it, but oh well).

This made my day! :)

I have a question. We might be planning a trip for next month now for DS's bday. Now I have to attend the program with him right? I will be traveling solo with DD who is 2...so what are my childcare options? Only a sitter right since the kids clubs are 3 and up? Any recs. for that?

Also, if for some reason we don't attend the program we are scheduled for, is there a penalty with regards to the tickets or a program cancellation fee? I'm looking at the Synergy in Science one and I think it would be great since he would be missing 3 days of school.

I would call Sarah at the YES program and speak with her she may left him go without an adult because there is a limited number of adults that can attend each session so as long as there are enough chaperones and you are comfortable sending him alone she may let you do that

I would call Sarah at the YES program and speak with her she may left him go without an adult because there is a limited number of adults that can attend each session so as long as there are enough chaperones and you are comfortable sending him alone she may let you do that

The registration page now says one adult per family must accompany the child. He has PDD so I am not really comfortable sending him alone. He's high functioning, but I would rather be there to assist him with anything if necessary. I have sent him on the pirate cruise alone, but I think because this is a "learning" experience that probably requires a certain level of participation, it would be best that I attend also.

Thank you Tinkerbell and Kaywoody!

That is an amazing price and these programs sound awesome. I have spoken with Sarah at Y.E.S. and she responds quickly (email) and is very friendly and helpful.

Enrollment is still open for January. I just signed us up last night.

Ok, I got the wrong the tickets today as expected however they were able to make it right for me. Sending the wrong ones back and getting the new ones. She also said the classes were filling up good so here's hoping they will fill up.

I am glad they are filling up. The class my boys signed up for in the summer had to be canceled due to lack of enrollment. They ended up in Ocean discoveries and was a bit young for them. The class list seems great in January, too bad we just went.

Okay another question..I may have convinced another person to tag along with us, which helps me tremendously with DD not being old enough to participate and too young for the kids clubs. Am I able to purchase 2 park hoppers for the adults even though only 1 will be attending the class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter