Disney World Before Christmas or After???

denverdi

Earning My Ears
I just have a few questions, Do we go before Christmas or After? There are 4 of us, me, DH, DS13, DD11. Now we are planning on going next winter, my question is would we be better off going 1 week before or the week after christmas, (the first week in Jan)? We are trying to include as much of the kids Christmas break as possible. This is our first visit and I want it to be so very magical. Is there any other time of year that would be better as far as crowds?
Thank you all in advance for all your great help and ideas.

Denver Di:rolleyes:

HI
WE ARE GOING THIS SIDE OF XMAS, I THINK THE XMAS THEME IS EXTENDED THRU TO THE 1ST WEEK OF JAN. THAT MAKES IS XTRA MAGICAL. .

We went last year in December 20th-28th. It really didn't get crowded until the 25th.

I would go in Jan. Then Christmas would be done and you could be ready for some fun and relaxation. We went twice 1st week in December, I felt very stressed to get all Christmas shopping and decor done before we left and I felt even more rushed when we got home.

Hi Everyone, I'm thinking about going for Christmas 2003 and have the same problem. I already had my mind all made up that I would go from 12/27 through 1/2 and that my dd would only miss one day of school. I was sooo happy but then I checked the website and found out that they stop the MVMCP on or about 12/20 and I really want to be able to see and participate in that so now I'm back to the drawing board and thinking of going right after Thanksgiving when it all begins. Any opinions or anyone whose been there during these festivities please tell me what's the best thing to do.

Thanks as usual.

We took our first Christmas at WDW trip Dec 2001 (our DD was 8 months old.) I was worried that it would make an already busy time of year too busy. It turned out great. We were there Dec 13 to 20, and it was relaxing, got some christmas shopping done there and had a great time. I really recomend going before Christmas, (before the crowds get bad.) You can get some great deals (we stayed at Poly for 189 a night!) It was the perfect way to get into the Christmas spirt. We did miss a few parties at home, but it was worth it. We didn't even have that "home from WDW and miss it depressed feeling because of the excitment of Christmas. Now we did have that it is Jan, all the fun stuff is over and nothing good to look forward to until spring feeling later, but what can you do?

I agree with DisneyPhD, we are taking our very first trip this Dec. 12-19th. I am so excited. I can't think of a better situation...Being in Disney just before Christmas with all the decorations and just missing the big crowds. Then we head home and have Christmas to look forward to the following week! One tip, make sure your extra organized! I am already done with my xmas shopping, its almost wrapped and I'll have my baking done before I leave. That way you won't be stressed out when you return.

Good luck! Have fun planning your trip.

We went it early December again, but I won't do it again. I felt like we missed too much of the Advent/Christmas things we do at home. I'd love to go the last week in November one year (the decorations go up the day after Thanksgiving), or maybe after Christmas.

This is a tough one both times sound good. Then thinking about it more, before xmas because afterwards everything is over. The trill is before afterward Disney will not have all the xmas lights etc and show going on. Go Before.
:p :bounce: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave:
mickeyminnie.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter