Disney Wish' saving grace - How important is a beautiful ship?

Isn't this supposed to be the ship for "parks people?"
In a way, yes. 3-4-day extension of your parks vacation. Probably one of the reasons why we have yet to book it.

And also why it will work. We hardly sailed the Dream because it was just Fantasy with poor itineraries. Wish is different, and it may take a couple of sailings to try all it has on offer.

I heard through a fb post that the 3 night cruises on the Wish are not having pirate night nor fireworks, can anyone confirm?

I heard through a fb post that the 3 night cruises on the Wish are not having pirate night nor fireworks, can anyone confirm?
That would be a bummer. On the MV the fireworks were launched from both the forward and aft on the starboard side. It was quite the show.

I just cancelled the second half of my b2b as I’m not feeling it. Still doing the 4 night but will spend a few days at WDW afterwards.

If I regret that decision I can always book for 2024, but the most of the negative feedback I’m hearing is small adult spaces/layout makes no sense/adult pool area too small/no promenade all the way around, and with a party of just adults I’m not sure it’s the ship for me.

We haven’t been on DCL since 2005 on the Magic. My DD is treating me for my 60th birthday next August 3 night. It fits best with her work schedule and grad school. We are excited to cruise again (many trips to WDW and DL) and getting away from the craziness of the parks for a couple years. Will be staying on board for Nassau and only going to castaway for part of the time so we can wander around and see as much of the Wish as we can.

The ship looks stunning from the walkthrough videos and personally I'm happy that Disney changed it up to offer something substantially different rather than just a slight evolution of the Dream class. It feels like Disney applied a lot of the design and layout principles that I'm seeing in other modern ships that are launching these days. Don't get me wrong--I love all of the other DCL ships, and there are a lot of choices I'm skeptical about (especially how small the outdoor adults-only areas are)--but I really appreciate having an option that is a departure from the old formula but which still incorporates the Disney magic.

I just cancelled the second half of my b2b as I’m not feeling it. Still doing the 4 night but will spend a few days at WDW afterwards.

If I regret that decision I can always book for 2024, but the most of the negative feedback I’m hearing is small adult spaces/layout makes no sense/adult pool area too small/no promenade all the way around, and with a party of just adults I’m not sure it’s the ship for me.
I think that also makes sense for the audience most likely to cruise here - people adding onto a parks trip, mostly families with kids… they have prioritized space for offerings for that audience. It is not their key demographic, especially for this ship.

I don’t think that is a bad thing - we have been on two cruises but barely set foot in the adult only areas. It is just not a priority for us since we kind of like hanging out with our kid. 😁

I would argue it the other way around. Because on a short cruise you are too busy running around in port or between activities, you have no time to look at the ship. If you have a cruise with a lot of sea days, you have more time to enjoy the ship.

Good point, the Wish is built as an extension of the parks. Do we know anything about if the people who do a land/sea trip are more likely to stay in Deluxe resorts?

Definitely true, only for myself I don't really feel that with hotels. I love great landscapes and historic sights. I have it less with copies or modern buildings. Could be because I am from Europe, it's so easy for me to see great authentic chandeliers or hallways in castles or palaces in my own or neighbouring countries. It doesn't really impress me on a ship.
For me, most deluxe resorts would be wasted on me as I would appreciate the decor for 2 minutes and then move on.
Fair enough. Im an australian and we dont get any authentic artististic buildings so what appeals to us is a bit different.

I think that also makes sense for the audience most likely to cruise here - people adding onto a parks trip, mostly families with kids… they have prioritized space for offerings for that audience. It is not their key demographic, especially for this ship.

I don’t think that is a bad thing - we have been on two cruises but barely set foot in the adult only areas. It is just not a priority for us since we kind of like hanging out with our kid. 😁
I tend to cruise off season and normally the adult areas are busy, especially around the pool area. This ship genuinely feels like they forgot about the people who pay for the cruises, and turned prime real estate indoors into high end shopping instead of using it to expand those adult areas.

Their ships have ALWAYS prioritised families with kids IMO, but on this ship they’ve taken it even further.

But isnt the best bit of this cruise for kids the kids clubs? They look amazing.

the adults cant do this with them.

Actually Disney will eventually have to use drone shows with perhaps very short fireworks alternated.
I love fireworks but the environmental impact is more important to me.

Actually Disney will eventually have to use drone shows with perhaps very short fireworks alternated.
I love fireworks but the environmental impact is more important to me.

I've been thinking about this lots. A drone show would be amazing... the only problem I can see would be if they were to lose a drone in the ocean.... this would be costly and not environmentally friendly. You wouldn't be able to have drones over the actual ship due to danger to people. I've never really understood why the ships don't do an all ashore time on Castaway and then shoot fireworks (or drones) from there.

I'd really love to see a pirate night drone show.... just not entirely sure how easy it would be given Environmental impact if a drone goes awol or what happens regarding local airspace clearance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter