Disney Wish Maiden Voyage - News & Live Checkins

100 Disney cruises? That's more than 4 cruises per year since 1998...
LOL. And our friends think we are obsessed with cruising because we take a cruise every 4 years on average. Only 1 on Disney.

LOL. And our friends think we are obsessed with cruising because we take a cruise every 4 years on average. Only 1 on Disney.
right, I feel better about my 29 cruises and we pushed 30/31 back to February 2023. and personally I hope to cruise Norwegian Joy after watching a youtube video lol

right, I feel better about my 29 cruises and we pushed 30/31 back to February 2023. and personally I hope to cruise Norwegian Joy after watching a youtube video lol
Well, we all have our priorities with our money, but I bet all those people who have been 100 Disney cruises spend more on those cruises than I did on my house.

Anyone on this voyage disappointed and its still day 2? Im trying to keep my expectations low but seriously disney usually prides itself on customer service. This cruise has been lacking and they need to better train their employees. Don't rely on anything with wait lists regarding merchandise. Just keep popping in and you will find the size you need. Don't rely on bookings thru the phone. Seriously incompetent people who dont save notes will ruin the trip. So much for them asking if u have a disney discount and you say yes. Then they say its not linked to your stateroom. But then u give them the stateroom number and low and behold, oh u do have membership and get a discount. Basic easy things they can't even get right. I thought the wish pulled the best of the best from all ships, but im seriously not seeing that at the moment.

How much were the Wi-Fi packages per day and for the whole cruise?

It's $20 for basic WiFi, $30 for faster WiFi for one device, per day. There's also a $10 option that only allows access to certain social media apps. There's no discount for purchasing multiple days or for "whole cruise", but there is a discount for additional devices.

My husband took screen shots; it said $12 for "Stay Connected", $24 for "Basic Surf" and $36 for "Premium Surf".

Any new character outfits? What was Mickey wearing for formal night?

Tonight was "optional dress up" and I'm glad it was as I totally forgot! ^^;; We were so busy we were late to dinner, and then rushed from there to Nightingales as they had a fabulous pianist doing park music. He was SO GOOD and funny to boot..! We then went up to the top to finally ride Aquamouse (which I thought was pretty fun, but since it was nighttime we weren't upset about the lack of views). We also were allowed to keep sitting in the raft and go around as many times as we liked as there was no line at 8:30. All this to say I... well somehow I didn't see a single character tonight. I went through the area several times but the lines blocked the view of them... hopefully someone else can answer.

Anyone on this voyage disappointed and its still day 2? Im trying to keep my expectations low but seriously disney usually prides itself on customer service. This cruise has been lacking and they need to better train their employees. Don't rely on anything with wait lists regarding merchandise. Just keep popping in and you will find the size you need. Don't rely on bookings thru the phone. Seriously incompetent people who dont save notes will ruin the trip. So much for them asking if u have a disney discount and you say yes. Then they say its not linked to your stateroom. But then u give them the stateroom number and low and behold, oh u do have membership and get a discount. Basic easy things they can't even get right. I thought the wish pulled the best of the best from all ships, but im seriously not seeing that at the moment.
I saw someone on Facebook saying the same thing... the line at GS has always been VERY long when I've gone through. Happily the one time we needed to ask a question the line was short. I've seen a few 'earning my ears' red ribbons around. I've also seen literal holes in walls so... yeah I think we can safely say this ship is not finished. Missing wall plaques, signs that don't make sense and holes in the ship aside we've been having fun. We ordered everything I cared about ahead of time, so anything else I pick up this cruise I'll see as a bonus. What were you looking for if I may ask..? I can keep an eye out?

PS Nightingale's was already "out" of the cute bird glasses so I skipped the drink for now. Hopefully they were just in use and not all stolen.

PSS I feel like some folks have asked this several times but no, there were no snacks in Cove Cafe when we popped through.

We had Palo dinner last night. First we stopped in the Rose lounge for an adult beverage. Very nice place and we will be returning. Our Rose waiter let the Palo people know we were there after he took our drink order. We enjoyed ourselves taking in the details, along with the beverages. :)

Before we had quite finished our drinks, the Palo seater and David who would be our waiter came over to get us. It was probably 10 minutes before our actual reservation time. They took our drinks for us and showed us to our table. Palo is a very elegant restaurant. But I'm not sure why the continue to call it Palo as it has no poles (other than the actual column that support the ship) and no Italian/Venice theming.

The mean was paced and wound up taking ~2.5 hours which was fine with us. The food was good. But, IMHO, not up to the usual Palo standards. I won't say we were disappointed, just that we thought it could be better.

This morning after breakfast (we went to 1923 for that) we get back to the room about 10:30 and get a call from Enchantè where we had waitlisted asking if we were interested in coming for brunch at 11:30. Since we were still full from breakfast we declined.
I could kick myself for not being on this cruise with you all. Have a blast.

Hope everyone is having an amazing time on the maiden voyage! We cruise at the end of August.
i have a question maybe someone knows the answer to.
Does any know kids (tweens, teens) can get a haircut in Hook’s Barbery and the cost?

PS Nightingale's was already "out" of the cute bird glasses so I skipped the drink for now. Hopefully they were just in use and not all stolen.
A podcaster is sharing on IG, and the bartender during the Gin tasting said the ship started with 25 birds and is now down to 6. None were broken…

People are ridiculous. Stealing bar glasses. How tacky.

Are you able yo share a pic of the closest…? That seems way way too small! We have a room for three (just two of us) and we each have 6 hangers and one side of the wardrobe with tall shelves and the safe in the middle. Then the drawers and shelves at the vanity too. The drawers over there are essentially useless to us; they’re tiny. The nightstands are sooooo wee too. I miss an easy shelf closer to the door for the stuff I grab on the way out and wish the stand were bigger but otherwise we’re doing ok.
@AquaDame here you go. Also, notice that because of lack of storage, the ladder has to be stored under the bed leaving only half of that space for luggage. We are in a standard inside:
CB68E7AD-5030-47BE-B42D-4E8A2C71D511.jpegFDEB8F55-132B-48F9-A23F-BB1944678F19.jpegB21CF53B-5AD7-4D75-BA1A-F8C13AC09F9F.jpeg

We walked by this several times today and the shades have been 100% drawn the entire time. I'm starting to doubt anyone is in there... or the answer is zero privacy?!
Unless they were denied boarding due to COVID, there should be someone in it

https://give.gktw.org/event/maiden-...404673?c_src=fy22-wishcruise&c_src2=lightbox#

It was a raffle for Give Kids the World for the maiden voyage.

I’m extremely concerned it’s a lack of privacy issue. I’m curious how Disney will handle it. I can’t imagine it’s guests will be happy being told that they need to be dressed in X or close their blinds simply because of poor design (my assumption is the WT will be booked by large families or just couples, not much in the middle. Couples may not want to wear many in the “privacy” of their room)

I was watching a walk-through video of the Disney Wish and you could clearly see people walking around in the tower suite from the pool deck. The video was from one of the press cruises.

A podcaster is sharing on IG, and the bartender during the Gin tasting said the ship started with 25 birds and is now down to 6. None were broken…

People are ridiculous. Stealing bar glasses. How tacky.
Sad, but predictable. They should have had much more than 25 of those glasses, and they should have them for purchase. Even at $50 a piece, many people would buy 4 or 6. They are so pretty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter