• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Rewards towards balance - do I need to get a gift card?

Donathius

Mouseketeer
My search-fu is failing me and I'm a bit confused. I've got the redemption card for my Disney rewards Visa - can I call my TA and pay towards the cruise balance like it's a Disney gift card or do I need to use the rewards card to buy a gift card and then use that gift card to pay towards the cruise balance?

I'm so confused...

My search-fu is failing me and I'm a bit confused. I've got the redemption card for my Disney rewards Visa - can I call my TA and pay towards the cruise balance like it's a Disney gift card or do I need to use the rewards card to buy a gift card and then use that gift card to pay towards the cruise balance?

I'm so confused...
You can use the rewards card just as a gift card.

Yes. I just did this yesterday. I paid my deposit of 464. with my the balance on my Disney rewards card, the balance on a Disney gift card and the rest on my Chase visa card. NO problem.

Additionally you can just take the redemption card with you onboard the ship and present it at Guest Services and apply it towards your on board charges for the cruise as well. Either way it can be used to help offset the cost of your trip. Any balance left over can be put back on the card at the end of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter