Disney Visa and extremely small budget

mebmama

Earning My Ears
We're on an extremely tight budget and have been saving our Disney Visa points for 5 years. We're planning to take our family of 6 to Disney in Oct. If you were on a very tight budget how would you use 800 points? I can stay offsite (2 miles away) for around $90/night, and eat at least 2 meals in the room, then use those points for tickets? Or should I use the tickets toward staying on site? What would YOU do?

Alot of it depends on the ages of the kids. Under 3 doesn't require a park ticket. For the past few years there has been free dining in the Fall. The food is good portion sizes so little ones can share. If you go offsite you will need to rent a van (unless you're driving) because the hotel shuttle on goes once to drop off and once to pick up so you are stuck all day at the parks. Parking is $14 /day if you drive and stay offsite.
How long are you going for? I personally do not buy tickets for arrival/departure day and also do not buy park hopper so that will save you money. Need more details to see what is the better option money wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter