Disney Vacation Club adjusts 2010 Vacation Points charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

erionm

DIS Veteran
Found this posted on the member website:
Disney Vacation Club adjusts 2010 Vacation Points charts

To help address a growing Member interest in weekend stays at Disney Vacation Club Resorts, Disney Vacation Club has adjusted 2010 Vacation Points charts, reducing Vacation Point requirements for Friday and Saturday nights.

In addition to better reflecting the changes in Members' vacationing patterns, the adjusted charts make accommodations more affordable during many popular Walt Disney World® events, such as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and ESPN The Weekend.

To make this change possible, Vacation Point requirements for some instances of Sunday-Thursday stays are now higher. However, a full week's stay will essentially cost the same amount of Vacation Points as before.

To view the adjusted Vacation Points charts, click on the "View Vacation Points Charts" link in the "Plan My Vacation" section of this Web site (located on the right side of the page).

:scratchin not sure if this is good or bad...:confused3

Well the trip I just booked for Dec2009 would be 28 points less...
But, the trip I was planning for Dec 2010 will be 2 points more...
It will be 215 points for a 2BR AKV Standard instead of 213
and I will only have 214 points... 1 point short ! Thanks DVC !

Thanks for posting...:flower3:

I am surprised that the changes are as extensive as they are. The adjustments are also larger than I would have expected. This doesn't affect us because we generally have stayed for 7 days. But I can see that it might encourage some folks who have stayed non-DVC or cash on weekends to just use points for the sake of simplicity.

Just one more reason to sell. The new management team needs to be replace.

Good bye folks.

:scratchin not sure if this is good or bad...:confused3

Thanks for posting...:flower3:
It's better for us. Currently we stay mostly Thurday to Sunday. For our September stay at AKV in a 1BR Savanna View, the number of points needed dropped from 113 to 102.

I don't like the change. We added on at HHI to stay a week every summer in a one bedroom s-thur:mad:

I don't like the change.

They have to adjust these points if they are lowering the weekend points. It all has to equal out in the end for the total chart. So, if they take some away they have to pop back in somewhere.

ETA..you changed your post while I was posting..

Personally, I like the change. But, we like to go starting on a Friday for a week but then also the next fri and sat to get extra days in. It'll save me about 20 points, which is nice. Might can fit in another day with that. But, we don't do the cash for weekends thing or just Sun-Thursday as we are not able to go down more than once a year. For us, it'll make it a little cheaper on points.

Don't really see a big change at AKV.

Was going to stay for 6 nights in a 2 bedroom in '10. Originally was going to cost 240 points, now going to be 238, not a big difference that i see.

What am I missing that has *some* people nervous and upset?:confused3

How much longer until we see this message:

In order to make vacation reservations easier for our members, DVC will be changing to 7 day vacations only. Booking will begin on Saturday and extend to the following Saturday. On the four day of your stay, you will have your towels refreshed, trash emptied and toiletries renewed. We feel this will make planning and scheduling your vacations much easier. These changes will allow housekeeping to schedule all full cleaning on Saturdays once guests have checked out and prior to newly scheduled arrivals. In addition to making this easier for our members, we expect to have some cost savings from the changes in housekeeping.

To assist with scheduling your vacations, MS will be open longer hours on Thursday and Fridays. However, they will be closed Monday through Wednesday.

I'm not sure how this will play out for us. Right now we're Sat.-Fri. kind of people, but as my oldest DS gets into Middle School I'm looking at trying to finagle long weekends (generally Thurs.-Mon.), so it might help out there a bit :).

It will be interesting to see how it plays out and what people's reactions are. Between that and the new booking policy it seems like a lot of changes in the last year...

Thanks for posting this as I'm just starting tonight to plan our 2010 vacation!

I cannot say I am surprised, especially since BLT had a different weekday/weekend ratio. As a weekday only person it will cost me more points for the same stay, guess I will have to go to the member site and see how bad it is.

bookwormde

What's with the 2010 point charts? All of the Sun-Thu points per night have been increased! They lowered the Fri-Sat points per night, but to make up for it, they increased Sun-Thu.

I don't think that's fair! When I bought my membership I bought an amount of points that would give me a certain number of Sun-Thu vacations every year! Now I don't have enough. My guide swore to me that the points per night rates were locked. I am really upset over this.

Wow, really? Well, the total number of points for a resort can't change. Is what you're saying across the board? All resorts? We take lots of weekend trips because DH has "lost" some vacation days..cutbacks. I could be happy with this.

Bobbi:)

This is not great for us. Coming from the UK we tend to have holidays of 3 weeks or more. So we simply don't have enough points at the moment to stay on property at the weekends. So this is going to cost us more points for our Sun-Fri stays. But it certainly won't force me to stay onsite for the weekends, its still far too costly points wise for us.:sad2:

Since we have school to contend with we always stay 2 weekend nights. Also we do not like to switch rooms or resort while on vacation. So for us this is probably good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter