Disney Trip Insurance

Crazy4DisneyandTink

Mouseketeer
I have one last payment to make before our August trip is paid for. I am going back and forth between buying the trip insurance that Disney offers or not. Any advice from anyone that has bought the insurance❓❓

TIA

I was the same way for our March trip. I had never purchased the trip insurance before but we were traveling with 3 college age kids (DD, DS and his GF) and I was afraid one of us would be sick at last minute or something with covid still an issue. I ended up taking the Disney travel insurance but thankfully did not need to use it. My flights were not booked with the package either...it was a hard decision because I wasn't sure how it would work if I did need to use it...good luck

Have never purchased trip insurance, but you might review a similar thread on this same subject.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/travel-insurance-for-a-newbie.3887082/#post-64093945

Companies selling trip 'insurance' are running a for-profit business and expect to pay out less in claims then they take in. Read the fine print to see what is/isn't covered since some people assume every situation is covered when likely it is not. We had to cancel one trip a few years ago when our home had storm damage and we had to stay home to manage the repairs being done. Even though the airline tickets were supposedly not able to be changed/cancelled I talked with the airline and they agreed to modify our tickets to use for a future flight.

I have one last payment to make before our August trip is paid for. I am going back and forth between buying the trip insurance that Disney offers or not. Any advice from anyone that has bought the insurance❓❓

TIA
Based on the limited number of replies to any thread I’ve researched on Disney’s travel insurance, I don’t think many people ever buy it. Did you end up purchasing it?

We bought it from Disney several years ago when my MIL was very ill.

Luckily, she lived another few years, but had she gone during our trip, we'd have gotten nothing.

I read the fine print before throwing away the paperwork and found it didn't cover any illness known about before the trip.

Shop around. I've seen others say you can get far better coverage from major insurers. And yes, do read carefully what is covered/excluded before buying to be certain it fits your situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter