• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney to furlough non-Union employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney has done well by its CM's. There's only so much that they can do though. This is probably the best move they could make at this point. Until the crystal ball clears a bit, we just don't know how things are going to shake out.

This tells me the timeline for a reopening is mid-late May at the earliest. Its going to be a very very difficult to reopen the parks quickly

I'm thinking July 1st. China supposedly is just now at 0 cases (but are still quarantining to prevent a 2nd wave, something I don't think we will do.) Their peak was 6 weeks ago. It won't peak in some places here for another month, then we'll have to wait another 6 weeks for it to drop to near zero and another 2 weeks to be safe/account for the incubation period. So we're looking at roughly 12 weeks I think, best case scenario. I'd like to hope for May, but I just don't see it. We aren't going back to crowded places until we aren't getting new cases any more.

The "official statement" is much more comprehensive than the Twitter one posted.

Last edited:
They should be able to get unemployment plus the extra $600 a week. Might work out better for some, since they get to keep their benefits.

I feel badly for them anyway. Tough times.

They should be able to get unemployment plus the extra $600 a week. Might work out better for some, since they get to keep their benefits.

I feel badly for them anyway. Tough times.

Yes I started a thread a few days ago on the community board that this is what Disney needs to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter