• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney to extend 60 day FP booking to non Disney hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! As someone who rents a car every trip so doesn't need ME or the Disney transportation system, that may be one more push to stay offsite in cheaper (and a lot of times, nicer) places. We used to stay at Mariott timeshare properties, but decided the on-site benefits outweighed the swankier off-site hotels. Now with shorter EMH hours and no FP+ benefits, we may reconsider for future trips. I can't really think offhand of any other benefits to staying on-site now that our kids are grown and the proximity isn't such a big issue.

Surprising as this takes some of the benefit of staying at Disney Hotels away. Hopefully when this goes into effect I don't have trouble getting FOP FP (get to book December 24th).

Are they insane?!? At least it's just select "good neighbor" hotels.

I know WDW has no trouble filling hotel rooms (to put it mildly), but this removes one of the biggest advantages of staying on site.

I never thought I would stay off site, but if 4 seasons is included in this, I will be staying off site more often in the future...

I wonder if EMH benefits are next. And I wonder what the hotels are paying to have this happen. I assume that must be what it's about... some hotels willing to pay a lot of $$$ for this benefit.

Last edited:

it wasn't all that long ago that everyone had equal access to the FastPass system.

The good old days.

I'm not saying I like the current system, but I cannot believe they would do something to reduce the attractiveness of staying on-site. 60 day FPs were keeping me on site, and I'm already browsing 4 seasons... =). The hotels included in this must be paying through the nose.

I wonder if this is just a setup for another move by Disney to maybe allow 90 days for on-site guest? I would hope not as 60 days out and trying to plan attractions that far out can be stressful/annoying.

That would be crazy, what would the incentive be to stay onsite. Can you share the link?

Seems like it’s just certain “good neighbor” hotels, not all offsite people. I think it’s to set them up for selling Maxpass or something similar.

Well kiss my grits. This would be incredible for the offsite crew.

:banana:

Although not sure the other onsite perks (EMH, etc) is enough to keep up the same volume- the FP advantage is a huge draw for many onsite guests

And I agree, hope they don’t forget about the loyal AP holders...

We normally stay onsite because of the perks and my wife wanting to maintain that Disney "magic" the entire time. I seem to think the magic is somewhat lost when I get the bill, but I digress. This is obviously one more step that leads me to look long and hard at off-site alternatives. What is truly left to hold me onsite - extra magic hours only?

I stay in Disney property cause your in the magic. Take away all benefits and I'll still stay in Disney hotels.

It might not be popular if this is true but Disney is getting very hard for people in general to enjoy. Let anyone going on vacation get it the same time is what I say.

If you try hard enough, and put the effort, you'll get the fast passes you want, no matter the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter