"Disney Testing New Resort Mug Technology" and DVC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fairly well-known fact...free Coke syrup for exclusive advertising and offering only Coke products on property :)
My source is a former food/beverage manager at one of the resorts, so I consider him a fairly reliable source :)

It's a fairly well-known fact...free Coke syrup for exclusive advertising and offering only Coke products on property :)
My source is a former food/beverage manager at one of the resorts, so I consider him a fairly reliable source :)

So, if I talk to a guy who drive the Coke truck and he says differently, it's a fact??

Only the people who signed the contract know the facts of the contract.

Considering that multiple Cast Members have told me the exact same thing that it's true, plus the fact others like yourself hear it from people who work at Coca Cola, well I believe it to be true. I mean how can this be an urban legend if a lot of others have heard it? It's easy to say something is not true if no one else can prove it, however when others confirm it then I believe it.

The possibility is that the agreement between Coke and Disney is about to expire. Several key agreements between Disney and major sponsors over the years have expired and have not been renewed in their original terms.

My understanding is that Disney pays for the bottled soda and water and Coke provides limited free syrup in exchange for exclusivity, advertising rights and Club Cool. If Disney is going to have to start paying for syrup, I can see why they want to limit abuse.

:earsboy: Bill

My source was the Vice President over Food and Beverage for WDW and the Chief Financial Officer for Coke and according to them, it is not free. :confused3

Of course in my book and possibly theirs, exchange of one product for another is not free.

This thread is not DVC specific nor a DVC policy, but a WDW resorts policy, and the topic of refillable mugs is limited to This thread over on the Resorts Board. Please visit there for further refillable mug discussion. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter