Disney Stock News & Earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Disney is just fine, why have they not started paying a dividend again? I would be very careful buying Disney stock right now.
I think, in the current climate that move actually makes a lot of sense, Disney is recouping some of its loses. On a personal level I don't love making less in the short term, but Disney investing back into themselves puts them in a positive light long term.
Just remember that Disney lost BILLIONS during Covid, this is far from business as usual

I think, in the current climate that move actually makes a lot of sense, Disney is recouping some of its loses. On a personal level I don't love making less in the short term, but Disney investing back into themselves puts them in a positive light long term.
Just remember that Disney lost BILLIONS during Covid, this is far from business as usual

Disney didn't lose anything they just didn't make as much as usual.

The current strategy is driving the company into.the ground.

If there truly is a rift between the 2, Chapek being removed becomes a lot more believable
I doubt that will happen. The board loves him. Iger coming won't change anything that they have done. A lot of the changes are things they have always wanted to do. IMO I think Chapek has done a good job.

I doubt that will happen. The board loves him. Iger coming won't change anything that they have done. A lot of the changes are things they have always wanted to do. IMO I think Chapek has done a good job.
I don't disagree with you and i believe chances are still slim, but Iger is super influential at Disney still. It wasn't like when Eisner was given the boot, Iger left when no one wanted him to

I don't disagree with you and i believe chances are still slim, but Iger is super influential at Disney still. It wasn't like when Eisner was given the boot, Iger left when no one wanted him to

Yes, Iger definitely still commands a lot of respect. If he wanted to intervene, he'd be very persuasive. Of course, he has to want to, and maybe people are begging him to, but his level of involvement is up to him.

The last i think i saw, he sold a bunch last year, but still owned over 500K shares
Is 500K shares <5% of his portfolio? I’m just wondering how I should weigh his opinion now if he isn’t terribly affected by stock price anymore.

What a wild ride the DIS stock has done since March 2021 with the all time high.
Now floating around...

With Florida dissolving the RCID, Disney Stock took another nose dive. What business acumen Chapek has is being totally wiped out by being a public relations nightmare. The board may have loved him once, but I would bet not anymore. I thought that Chapek would just not be renewed in Feb next year when his contract comes up for renewal, now I do not think he is going to last that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter