Disney Stock News & Earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be projecting,Can you define “underperforming”? Also I think being ahead with their own streaming service is majorly important moving forward, it will allow Disney to control their own destiny, and cut out the middle man. It’s totally cool to not see the value in streaming, but I would just caution that, that is the way the whole sector is drifting, and I don’t see them making an about face, especially when cable providers are even getting into the game. The parks have had billions spent on them over the last decade, and while I agree that during the pandemic things have shifted, I don’t agree that Disney has just left the parks swinging in the breeze, I’m more of the line of thinking that the pandemic has produced a lot of the issues, and time will allow them to shift back closer to where they were. This is not the Disney of Ron miller, it is a blue chip stable company, and I don’t foresee that changing anytime soon, just my opinion
My opinion is the temporary rise of D+ was a product of the pandemic. The content is meh and pales to other. Hard to justify paying a monthly fee to watch movies people have owned 50+ years

The temporary rise of Dinsey plus was the millions of free subscriptions they gave away and continue to give away.

You seem to be projecting,Can you define “underperforming”?

And you seem to be in denial my friend. I can surely do the legwork for you if you'd like...give me a date range and sector/peers and I'll show you how it has underperformed SPY and Blue Chips and many other media stocks. But if you're truly knowledgeable about it and have followed it for years like I
assume we all have then you know what I'm saying is true. And have you not seen what's been going on the last two years? Have you not read any of these forums? Spoken to people who have gone to the parks? What they're doing is negligent at best and deplorable at worst. You have to be the president of the Bob Chapek fan club to turn a blind eye and say there are no problems whatsoever. For the decade and a half I've intensely followed Disney stock I've always known a stock that's hated by Wall Street for whatever reason. The stock was low 40s in 2000! TWO THOUSAND! You think you'd rather have this or Apple...I won't even mention the likes of Amazon. Not just a river in Egypt...

I was literally so annoyed about Genie+ that I sold all our DIS when it was announced. I recently canceled our spring break Disney cruise cuz it didn’t seem worth the risks for how that’s going right now. We haven’t been back to the parks since covid. We are usually a big Disney family, and we all really miss it, but the offerings aren’t great lately. We still have Disney+ but it’s covered by Verizon. Disney hasn’t been getting any $ from us and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Therefore, I’m not optimistic about their stock.

And you seem to be in denial my friend. I can surely do the legwork for you if you'd like...give me a date range and sector/peers and I'll show you how it has underperformed SPY and Blue Chips and many other media stocks. But if you're truly knowledgeable about it and have followed it for years like I
assume we all have then you know what I'm saying is true. And have you not seen what's been going on the last two years? Have you not read any of these forums? Spoken to people who have gone to the parks? What they're doing is negligent at best and deplorable at worst. You have to be the president of the Bob Chapek fan club to turn a blind eye and say there are no problems whatsoever. For the decade and a half I've intensely followed Disney stock I've always known a stock that's hated by Wall Street for whatever reason. The stock was low 40s in 2000! TWO THOUSAND! You think you'd rather have this or Apple...I won't even mention the likes of Amazon. Not just a river in Egypt...
It’s interesting that you own the stock of a company that “constantly underperforms”, and one that you have zero faith in. I can’t really listen to anything else you have to say on this because that is the worst type of investor. No one should own a company they have no faith in, and yes I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t have wanted to buy Amazon when it was $3😂. Disney is primarily an entertainment company, you cannot fairly compare them to a heavy tech company like apple, or a primarily wholesale company like Amazon, I mean I guess you could, but that would be negligent at best and deplorable at worst. Disney is a blue chip stock that has had steady growth over the last decade. I personally don’t see that changing anytime soon, but do whatever is best for you

All y'all make your proxy votes 👀

Pretty interesting stuff. I abstained voting for Chapek on BOD haha

All y'all make your proxy votes 👀

Pretty interesting stuff. I abstained voting for Chapek on BOD haha

I will do the same unless there's place I can put a huge red X & comment: "HeLLLL NO! I'd rather stick needles in my eyes!"

So not only have they put the parks way behind the times...pissed off a huge chunk of their customer base...but with all that effort the stock price is where it was before Dis+ ever came into fruition! They've literally screwed the pooch. And yes this latest round is macro market based with NFLX leading the charge down however let's get real, Disney stock has and probably always will underperform.

Literally? Oh my!

After Comcast earnings call, it looks like Disney may have good news for their quarterly earnings call about the theme parks.

I have to admit my struggle with Disney is I have no confidence in Management. I am including the BOD that hired Chapek in that lack of confidence. The news that keeps coming from Disney is just negative. The changes in ticketing, price increases across the board, quality of stays, cutting off AP passes, Genie +, etc concern me. Squeezing the guests for every nickel and dime just isn’t a good long term strategy especially when your customer has taken a beating elsewhere. DIS just hit a annual low and the value of the company has decreased by 35%. The largest loss to date is in Goodwill and once a company loses that it is hard to recapture.

I thought all these money grabs from Chapek were supposed to make the stockholders happy... Now my Disney stock underperforms AND now I'm paying for fastpass resort parking park reservations lightning lane less food on my plate because of my waistline transportation from the airport no trams paid magic bands less park hours after hours events motel 6 shampoo pumps in the shower $8 pretzel..

Interesting to see the board recommendations...
Yep. I usually always vote the other way on anything dealing with pay, gender, racial, environmental, etc audits.

Shareholder proposal, if properly presented at the meeting, requesting a report on both median and adjusted pay gaps across race and gender.

Uhhh yeah, absolutely voting FOR this.

Some articles you all may find interesting:

Some relevant Universal news:
https://www.fool.com/investing/stoc...hoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article
Streaming discussion:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2022...hoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article
An in depth Iger interview - you can find it on any podcast platform. Worth a listen for any shareholder...
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/27/opinion/sway-kara-swisher-bob-iger.html
Some speculation on the future of streaming:
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/29/streaming-video-no-longer-impresses-investors-whats-next.html

I totally agree with this . I am a shareholder and I am voting against Chapek to be re elected to the board .
Something has to be done to try to get disney in a whole back to the disney that we all love.
It’s not only the prices it’s the experience that is most important that is getting lost . The magic we all felt going to disney the customer service that was once the best the cleanliness the feeling of being treated special and being in a special place that is what has to be brought back along with the curbing the crazy money grabs that are going on . Please disney listen to your most loyal customers and step back and see what is happening to the once greatest product in the world and don’t make it another place that we go to and complain about. Disney was always a place you went and you could not find a thing to complain about and if there was it was fixed 10 fold . Please Disney management,ceo,board of directors,shareholders listen to your FANS and take the blinders off fix what is going on before it’s too late.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/07/outra...M5wxu019GSpB67t1Tjac_8Txk5ZjiBdVCbkZ4jkg01CpY

Don't want to count chickens before the earnings call plus last time it went up just like this only to die the next day...BUT....this is the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter