Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

The screen is down at Hollywood Studios giving a great view of inside the station

Do not know if anyone has posted this or not

Attachments

• A0794598-18D1-46AB-BFF4-DA303B5A1FDE.jpeg
    A0794598-18D1-46AB-BFF4-DA303B5A1FDE.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 116029E3-0670-46FE-A1E1-F88503AED262.jpeg
    116029E3-0670-46FE-A1E1-F88503AED262.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 165

Interesting
E57910F2-1C61-481D-B85E-9CDB51619ED8.pngC6FB59FA-D58D-4043-BB1A-A45D05445EDF.png

Attachments

• 9101A72C-E68A-4EA7-8B4C-F88D03E1149A.png
    9101A72C-E68A-4EA7-8B4C-F88D03E1149A.png
    450.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

So I am just curious about the procedure going on with the Skyliner. Would this be normal protocol to prepare the system days before a storm, or is this taking longer because it is the first time and brand new? I am just wondering because parks close early tomorrow, but if the Skyliner were open, it would have been out of commission days before the actual storm for guests. Just trying to wrap my head around the whole process and what it means going forward.

So I am just curious about the procedure going on with the Skyliner. Would this be normal protocol to prepare the system days before a storm, or is this taking longer because it is the first time and brand new? I am just wondering because parks close early tomorrow, but if the Skyliner were open, it would have been out of commission days before the actual storm for guests. Just trying to wrap my head around the whole process and what it means going forward.
We really don't know. They could have stored the gondolas early to work on the issue posted above before the storm hits. Also, when they first started preparing the Skyliner for this storm, the hurricane force winds were still expected to hit Orlando. I don't think this is the perfect storm to judge what actual protocol would be. Keep in mind that safety for guests and Cast Members is Disney's number one priority, and they will take the necessary measures to prepare anything for any situation. So, if the Skyliner needs to close a few days prior of a storm to prepare for it, they will do so because they also have busses and the boats to transport guests as well.

I think they did it early this time because there was no reason not to. It doesn't take them long to clear the cable of gondolas. Also when they did it, they were predicting tropical storm winds in Orlando by Sunday evening, so they were only a few days early of those prediction. The same day the cleared the lines is when they prepared all the construction sites too.

Looks like they also secured the Skyliner cables to the column wheels/structures.
I've only seen a picture of that on one pole and I looked for it on many others. I'm now wondering if that had to do with this adjustment or some other work. I like the Passport to the Parks videos, but he seems to speculate a lot and doesn't have any background on gondolas.

I've only seen a picture of that on one pole and I looked for it on many others. I'm now wondering if that had to do with this adjustment or some other work. I like the Passport to the Parks videos, but he seems to speculate a lot and doesn't have any background on gondolas.
Yeah he does a ton of speculating which doesn’t help much of anything.

Skyliner gondolas have all been taken off line and stored at CBR

After seeing the gondolas running it is so strange to see it so bare.
NEWS

Skyliner ornament released today, available at Days of Christmas at Disney Springs for $27.99

I wonder if this would be available anywhere else? I buy an ornament everywhere we go on vacation and this seems appropriate since we should be riding these during our dec trip.

Per blog Mickey, the line has been lowered to adjust tension on an overstretched line and it has nothing to do with the hurricane. I'm sure the single secure point has to do with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter