Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Yeah, I know quite a few people that are excited about being able to use these midday to get to better (or at least) different food options. Could increase traffic to Sebastien's
This was a stated perk/benefit by Disney way back when this was announced...something to the effect of being able to have easy access to resort restaurants at all the resorts near the stations.

Bus service isn't just for resort guests either.
From the Disney website

Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can take advantage of complimentary bus service to and from all 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, Disney Resort hotels and the Disney Springs Area.

Disney doesn't explicitly say its for everyone to use but they've never done any sort of enforcement. I expect the Skyliner to be the same.

Just a guess. The open waist-high windows on 3 sides would fit a food stand, and they might sell some coffee to folks heading out in the a.m.
Good place to sell misting fans and other items to help guest cope with oppressive heat

Skyliner souvenir t shirts mugs etc.
Limited edition skyliner magic bands

Ticket sales when skyliner has a charge.

Might disney sell park tickets

From the Disney website

Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can take advantage of complimentary bus service to and from all 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, Disney Resort hotels and the Disney Springs Area.

Disney doesn't explicitly say its for everyone to use but they've never done any sort of enforcement. I expect the Skyliner to be the same.
It was on the early ticket media, may even be on current media. Guests who purchased admission to a park were entitled access to WDW Transportation. It's always been that way.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/transportation/public-complimentary-transportation/Q.
I’m not staying at a Disney Resort hotel. Can I use the monorails, buses and boats to get around Walt Disney World Resort?
A.

Yes. All Guests have complimentary access to our network of monorails, buses and boats. If you would like to visit multiple parks, enjoy a nice dinner at one of the Disney Resort hotels or shop at Disney Springs, you can leave your car parked in the theme park lot and use our transportation network.
While there are many ways to get around Walt Disney World Resort, here are several recommended routes that may be convenient for Guests who are not staying at a Disney Resort hotel, but wish to visit multiple parks:
Learn more about Walt Disney World Resort transportation.

Good place to sell misting fans and other items to help guest cope with oppressive heat

Skyliner souvenir t shirts mugs etc.
Limited edition skyliner magic bands

Ticket sales when skyliner has a charge.

Might disney sell park tickets
Again, no access by Guests (no exterior doors.) A semi-permanent cart would be a better fit. Guests are free to handle and select the merchandise without cm intervention.

Ticket sales are a possibility, but I don't see a bottom line benefit to moving ticket sales out of the park entrances. TTC is the exception because there's a large number of Guests arriving by car, and space is limited at the MK entrance.

Again, no access by Guests (no exterior doors.) A semi-permanent cart would be a better fit. Guests are free to handle and select the merchandise without cm intervention.

Ticket sales are a possibility, but I don't see a bottom line benefit to moving ticket sales out of the park entrances. TTC is the exception because there's a large number of Guests arriving by car, and space is limited at the MK entrance.
I can't follow some of the maps. Could Disney change the park entry and have skyliner guests go through security and tap stand in cbr instead of in dhs. I know that's not the current plan

Sorry if someone already asked this, but if you want to go from POP to Epcot for rope drop will you need to ride the bus or will there be a way to get to the other side of Epcot from the IG gondola drop-off?

Or can you get in to Epcot from that direction at rope drop? We're going in November and now that I know the gondolas are going to be open I need to plan our mornings.

Thanks!

Sorry if someone already asked this, but if you want to go from POP to Epcot for rope drop will you need to ride the bus or will there be a way to get to the other side of Epcot from the IG gondola drop-off?

Or can you get in to Epcot from that direction at rope drop? We're going in November and now that I know the gondolas are going to be open I need to plan our mornings.

Thanks!
IG opens at rope-drop. You just can't get to the countries between France & Norway.

Yes, definitely.

You might want to peruse the Theme Parks board to see other's experience rope dropping at IG.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/transportation/public-complimentary-transportation/Q. I’m not staying at a Disney Resort hotel. Can I use the monorails, buses and boats to get around Walt Disney World Resort?
A. Yes. All Guests have complimentary access to our network of monorails, buses and boats.

Back when I worked at the Disney Reservations Center (as a Reservation Sales Agent and then a Trainer), this was one of the Top 10 most frequently asked questions we'd get from callers.

The only "free" transportation that is restricted to Disney Resort guests is Disney's Magical Express.

"We expect to see many more Disney Cast Members testing the system in the coming geeks as Disney and Doppelmayr put the finishing touches on the system and prepare it for guest use at the end of September."

I feel like they're subconsciously saying what they think about all of us who have followed this thread for a year+
:rotfl2:

Hey, I resemble that comment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter