"Disney shoes" for skinny feet

babystar

DIS Veteran
I am after some help and advise from the ladies........

I have REALLY slim feet, I cant ever seem to find comfy sandals that support my feet for a disney holiday. If i buy flip flops they dangle off my feet and I find trainers make my feet hot.

If anyone can recommend any sandals so that I dont spend 14 days tripping over my own flip flop feet I will be eternally grateful!!!!

Have you tried Hotter shoes? I wear them all the time, but I have the other problem, very wide feet and very high instep. They do a range of widths, all are half sizes and they have air cushioned soles so are very good to walk on. They are all leather and made in the UK. They are not cheap but to spend hours at a time in them, they are a bargain. Just look up Hotter UK.

Pam

I am after some help and advise from the ladies........

I have REALLY slim feet, I cant ever seem to find comfy sandals that support my feet for a disney holiday. If i buy flip flops they dangle off my feet and I find trainers make my feet hot.

If anyone can recommend any sandals so that I dont spend 14 days tripping over my own flip flop feet I will be eternally grateful!!!!

Crocs. Hate, hate, hate flip flops. Crocs have loads of styles and fit my skinny feet! They're also great for water rides.

I wore Crocs and Fit Flops. I have slim feet and find that I usually have to 'grip' shoes with my toes to keep them on - these styles were perfect for me.

I wear birkenstocks - style gizeh with the toe post.

They are adjustable (I don't have skinny feet but they do different styles of birkies for all feet)

Another vote for Birkenstocks! I have super skinny feet and they work for me. Not cheap but it's worth it for comfortable walking shoes

Thank you so much! I thought I was the only person to have narrow feet!!

I am going to have a look at the styles over the weekend. Joolz and Kath, what style crocs did you get on with, they seem to have soooooo many!

Thanks again for the recommendation, I will let you know how I get on!

Thank you so much! I thought I was the only person to have narrow feet!!

I am going to have a look at the styles over the weekend. Joolz and Kath, what style crocs did you get on with, they seem to have soooooo many!

Thanks again for the recommendation, I will let you know how I get on!

I don't like the clogs, I think they're ugly. I currently have a pair of "Jayna" (flat sling backs) which are insanely comfortable, light, breathable and great in rain/water rides as the water just runs off and out of them. I also recently got a pair of Crocband Flats which have a proper back in them. I also tried a pair of sandals - Patricia - which were very comfortable but not "young" enough for me (I'm in my 20s). The only shoes I will be taking with me to Orlando this year are my two pairs of Crocs. :thumbsup2

(There's also a Crocs outlet in Orlando - that's where I got my Jaynas for $10! I got them on the first day of my trip as my other shoes were rubbing and wore the Crocs non-stop for the rest of the trip! They're also great for the beach and gardening etc. as you can just rinse them off - no drying time required).

MrRomance said:
Another vote for Birkenstocks! I have super skinny feet and they work for me. Not cheap but it's worth it for comfortable walking shoes

And another vote for Birkenstocks! I always where mine on holidays. Although when people go on rides in Florida do you take them off and leave them on the side?! Don't fancy losing my sandals half way round the rides (I'm thinking mainly roller coasters at universal etc).

And another vote for Birkenstocks! I always where mine on holidays. Although when people go on rides in Florida do you take them off and leave them on the side?! Don't fancy losing my sandals half way round the rides (I'm thinking mainly roller coasters at universal etc).

You sit on them! They will NOT let you leave them on the side at Universal. You must ride with them.

Kath2003 said:
You sit on them! They will NOT let you leave them on the side at Universal. You must ride with them.

Oh right!! Do you sit on your bag too then?! Haven't thought about what I'll carry my belongings in yet.

Oh right!! Do you sit on your bag too then?! Haven't thought about what I'll carry my belongings in yet.

Universal provide free lockers which you have to place ALL loose belongings in for most of their thrill rides. They are free whilst you ride. However you must wear shoes whilst in line for the ride, ergo you must sit on your shoes when you ride (if they will not stay on your feet). Your locker is secured using your fingerprint so no need to carry keys etc.

Kath2003 said:
Universal provide free lockers which you have to place ALL loose belongings in for most of their thrill rides. They are free whilst you ride. However you must wear shoes whilst in line for the ride, ergo you must sit on your shoes when you ride (if they will not stay on your feet). Your locker is secured using your fingerprint so no need to carry keys etc.

Oh that's good to know, thank you! What do you do with your belongings in Disney like when you go on RnR?

Oh that's good to know, thank you! What do you do with your belongings in Disney like when you go on RnR?

Bring a bag with a strap, loop it around your ankle when you sit down and pray it's still attached when you get off :thumbsup2

One of my finest moments is catching a woman's sunglasses flying through the air, mid-coaster...

Kath2003 said:
Bring a bag with a strap, loop it around your ankle when you sit down and pray it's still attached when you get off :thumbsup2

One of my finest moments is catching a woman's sunglasses flying through the air, mid-coaster...

Haha! Bet she was pleased!
Sorry to OP, I have lead your tread astray!

Ms Bear that is one of those moments when you desperately look round to see who saw the catch.

Ste

Ellie Bear back all safe but tired

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter