Disney & Seasonal/Holiday (Summer/Fall) Recipe Swap Progress

:banana: Mine came this morning and everything looks great! Now I need about a million more folders for the recipes:rotfl: Thanks for hosting, Vicki!

oh i so want to join the next one of these. i bought some awesome sets for this today at a bargain place. they would be perfect for this.
please let me know when you do the next one!
thanks!

It was originally scheduled to do the next round starting the end of August. However, since this set didn't get shipped back until almost that time, I didn't think everyone would want to start right back up again. If enough people want to do it though, I'd be happy to start it up.

My sister is visiting and she is doing recipes for this now. I think she could easily become addicted. Personally, I would like to do this next set, because I love to get all the cookie exchange recipes :cool1: We could have them due the end of November so that we would have all the Christmas recipes sent back in time to use them this year. I've been collecting things too, but I haven't decided on any recipes yet.

I just need to know if I should start it up or not.

VickiV

Vicki- I'd love to do it I just need more info. like do i have to do a disney recipe? can i do other kinds? and what do i need to make for it?

Jennifer- i bought these really neat sets at Bldg.19. they are paper, recipe cards,stickers(both flat and raised). they did have brads to go with them that were separate so of course i had to get those too!!!! i bought it because i thought about DIT's cj and thought it would be perfect for that and thought i'd kick myself later if i don't buy one of each! so i did!
there was 5 different kinds. you had to see dh.....:confused3 what do you need those for?? oh i don't know, maybe i'll join a recipe swap? :confused3
do they have those too!? ah, yea. of course they do. :confused3 do you guys swap everything and anything? ah yea!:laughing:

Vicki- I'd love to do it I just need more info. like do i have to do a disney recipe? can i do other kinds? and what do i need to make for it?

Normally there are both Disney and nonDisney groups, I am guessing a fall one would have a cookie exchange group and probably a holiday cooking group.

Our recipes are done using half of an 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper cut landscape (so they are 8.5 by 5.5)- you can do the recipe either way on the sheet of paper. I generally print out my recipes on 1 sheet and then mount it on to a second sheet. Then you decorate it you would for any other swap(this is a small completed page- only this one is totally complete because you have the recipe instead of pictures.

I would be up for a small recipe swap due no earlier than mid-Nov. the best bet may be to post a pole- I don't think I am up for more Disney recipes right now but would do cookies and holidays.

Rebecca

I have my book from this last session, you need to see them in person ;)

Which Bldg 19? There's one in Natick, right next to Panera, maybe I'll take a run over tomorrow (boss will be out for the holiday ;) ).

I'd love to join a cookie exchange one, and I know PrincessM would be interested too.

i'd love to see them! can you show me a pic so i can get an idea. after reading rebecca's response i'm not sure my kits will work after all. maybe i'll have to use them for something else. did you get the binder at staples? i was reading the first post and trying to figure out if i can use this stuff.

we went to the one in Walpole yesterday. what holiday is it? a Jewish one? my last boss was Jewish and i think they have one this time of year. take a run over and check it out. they always have such an offbet selection of stuff. i love it!

i'd do a cookie one too.

Yom Kippur-googled it! thought so.

i googled the company and i'd post the link, but not sure if that's ok.

i really wish they had the mom's diner one. but they did not.

As I now have at least 5 sets of recipes still waiting for a binder (or three) I'd better sit this one out:rolleyes1 My binders are all absolutely stuffed! I might go through and see if there's any I know I won't cook and give them to my sister for Christmas;)

Hi, I would like to join the receipe swap if there is another one as I joined my 1st one so I have room in my binder! Would it be for the 8.5X5.5 size again or an acutal recipe card? I would just hae to know the dates as I'm off on vacation to WDW on 11/5-12. thanks!!!

Hi, I would like to join the receipe swap if there is another one as I joined my 1st one so I have room in my binder! Would it be for the 8.5X5.5 size again or an acutal recipe card? I would just hae to know the dates as I'm off on vacation to WDW on 11/5-12. thanks!!!

We always do the 8.5 by 5.5 size here.

Rebecca

I'll start a new swap next week probably. I think maybe 8 to a group instead of 6 so that we only have to come up with 1 idea, but will get many in return. I think that will help with everyone being so busy.

Maybe cookie exchange, crock pot, and holiday and winter groups to start with?

VickiV

Those groups sound great! I haven't had the opportunity to do a recipe swap yet, so I am looking forward to this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter