Disney Resorts to start charging parking fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The call center is getting lots of calls on this.

Send your comments to:

guest.services@disneyworld.com

I am!!!

Postal Addresses-

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Robert A. Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Bob Chapek
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Karl L. Holz
President New Vacation Operations and Disney Cruise Line
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Mr. George Kalogridis
President, Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Shareholder Inquiries
Disney Shareholder Services
c/o Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions
P.O. Box 1342
Brentwood, NY 11717

Phone:1-855-553-4763
Fax: 1-215-553-5402
Email: disneyshareholder@broadridge.com

https://aboutdisneyparks.com/about/leadership-team

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

There are four hotels that can walk to a park. Out of 20+ onsite hotels. Even if you add in the other monorail hotels, it's still a small percentage of onsite rooms.

They asked an incentive for staying on-site - for me that is our incentive! :)

Postal Addresses-

PO Box 10040

Robert A. Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Bob Chapek
Chairman
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Karl L. Holz
PO Box 10000

Mr. George Kalogridis
PO Box 10000

Shareholder Inquiries
P.O. Box 1342
Brentwood, NY 11717

Probably fall on deaf ears, but I just emailed. Everyone who has complained has no excuse not to do as much.

What about those that are handicapped? Are they going to be charged now? Disney, you are chasing us all away to other places and this is sad.

Why should people who have handicapped plates not be charged for parking? If you can afford to go to wdw why shouldn’t you pay like everyone else?

Its called sympathy....many don't have it anymore but some of us still do.

There are four hotels that can walk to a park. Out of 20+ onsite hotels. Even if you add in the other monorail hotels, it's still a small percentage of onsite rooms.

It is a small percentage, but it is why we rent DVC points and stay at the Boardwalk. Location location location. Being able to walk to 2 parks is fantastic. We fly and don't have a to deal with parking but I would not be happy about this if I did.

I'm really losing faith in WDW here. First Lilo's Playhouse closes, then Citrus Swirl disappears, and now this. I was really hoping that when I became a WDW regular with about 4 or 5 trips a year, two years ago, that I wouldn't be as bitter about change as I recall other, older regulars being. But here we are.

My email to Guest Communications is below. I have always done my best to be constructive and avoid sarcasm. This is probably the strongest wording I've ever used.
I've always gotten a phone call back, and I suspect I will get a call again. Disney*has* reversed changes in the past, but I can't recall them ever reversing a direct revenue source.

Dear friends, VERY disappointed in today's announcement.

We have all been paying a parking fee at WDW resorts for many years. It was simply folded into the room rate. As such, it is disingenuous to simply tell us Disney is moving to "the industry standard". Unless we see a corresponding reduction in the underlying room rates, this new fee will simply be a price increase in the room rate. That's not hard to see.

What perhaps disappoints me the most is that Disney is not being honest with us. We're not fools, we're not blind. We know the intent is to increase revenue. Saying so would at least be a refreshing bit of honesty.

As more and more "little thing" like this creep into a WDW trip, I must be honest and say that places like the Caribe Royale - or perhaps our National Parks - look increasingly attractive.

My thanks for your attention. I realize this is not the type of letter you like to get, but in the name of honesty, I have to let you know that 30 years of visits doesn't mean my continued visits can be taken for granted.

What goes up must come down. Disney will hit a wall. Just like they did in the early 2000's. (Although for bad reasons...9/11) But something will happen and they will have to do something about it. There's no way that they can keep this up. It may not be 1 year or 3 years or 5 years but it'll come.

Also I see this as a way to FORCE you to stay onsite and only onsite. No eating offsite, no stopping into Universal, no Sea World. Just spend all of your money at Disney.

I do not like this increase at all but what is really getting me is how many locals, day guests park at the many resorts and then take the buses or walk, or monorail into the parks!!! And they are NOT going to be charged. We stay at both BC and BW every year, I see it all the time and we have to drive around , and around to get spaces, especially weekends!! How is that not being addressed! I just do not understand. My DH says he will drop us and luggage and then leave the car at another resort-I doubt that will work and we use it to much during our trip, but I have to believe this or something similar will happen. Ugh...

Just got off the phone with someone I had been working with at Diney Guest Services in regards to an issue we had on the last trip. Her response was that this is a standard in the industry, that they have been charging for parking at their resorts in California and Hawaii for some time, and that other resorts around them charge for parking so this is not a new concept. I expressed my disappointment with their new policy and told them our vacation dollars would be spent elsewhere and she said our comments would be noted. So in other words what I get is, we are doing it and we don't care.

She did confirm that reservations made before the start date of the fee will not be charged for parking.

The person you spoke with is not the one that made that decision, thats just like shooting the messenger. Flood twitter, the corporate emails, shareholders, flood them with the complaints. Not the poor people that have to get all of the grief and anger becvause of the top brass's decision.

Postal Addresses-

PO Box 10040

Robert A. Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Bob Chapek
Chairman
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Karl L. Holz
PO Box 10000

Mr. George Kalogridis
PO Box 10000

Shareholder Inquiries
P.O. Box 1342
Brentwood, NY 11717

Thanks for the broad coverage. I already received my auto reply from WDW and hope to get a call in the next week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter