Disney reorganization

The article says, "Digital media is a high priority for our company...". Apparently, not high enough, IMHO.

This supports the theory that Disney did not wish to renew any contracts with Sulake. Keep in mind that, until recently, Disney's online presence was minimal. With this reorganization and purchase of Asian gaming companies, this may signal a full commitment to online gaming. Disney has never been completely comfortable with sub-contracting and, with purchases of other gaming companies, it makes no sense for them to continue with Sulake.

I must say that while POTC and Toontown are not replacements for VMK, when judged on their own merits and against games similar to them, both are superior games. As Disney becomes more experienced in online worlds, it will be interesting to see what they design.

Well I see Wadsworth is still in charge, thats enough reason for me to continue to not play any Disney online game.

heh, I have this feeling Disney will have some real regret for letting its audience out onto the internet wild. A new game is going to sweep our attention away before they could court us again. Kind of ironic the game is called smallworlds :rotfl:

Well I see Wadsworth is still in charge, thats enough reason for me to continue to not play any Disney online game.

heh, I have this feeling Disney will have some real regret for letting its audience out onto the internet wild. A new game is going to sweep our attention away before they could court us again. Kind of ironic the game is called smallworlds :rotfl:

OMG! Aengus that was my first thought. Last night was the first night i was actually smiling while in a game and I thought it was VERY ironic that it is called Smallworlds. Disney is going to be sorry they lost us. I can't believe how amazing this game is for beta. Makes VFK look like a joke.

Bug

Hmm.... I think I'll have to give this game a try.

I'm still on a fruitless search for a fun game to hang out with my friends and chat to my heart's content....

Everything so far is either too complicated for me to figure out or too cutsey.

I promised myself not to come back, but I had to. How are you all?

OMG! Aengus that was my first thought. Last night was the first night i was actually smiling while in a game and I thought it was VERY ironic that it is called Smallworlds. Disney is going to be sorry they lost us. I can't believe how amazing this game is for beta. Makes VFK look like a joke.

Bug

So true. Disney has pretty much lost me forever in the way of internet games.
I'm just hoping that my computer can handle Smallworlds. I was having a ton of lag and could hear my computer just grinding away trying to keep up with the game. :(
I really gotta get a new one.

As for VFK, it's promising. They just opened it up waaaaay too early. They really needed to do a lot more work before letting us all in.

Interesting article.

I will not be playing any Disney games, much less paying to play anything Disney related.

SmallWorlds is awesome and has my attention 100%. I can have 5 characters and a pet. Can't wait until we are no longer Beta and the real deal is out so that I can build and build. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter