Disney Plus And Hulu Combined App Launching Into Beta Next Month

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/d...-launching-into-beta-next-month/1100-6519072/

Bob Iger, Disney's CEO, announced the upcoming launch of a beta app in December that combines Disney+ and Hulu into a seamless experience for subscribers of both services. These plans were initially disclosed during Disney's second-quarter earnings call in May.

Iger, speaking during the company's earnings call for the September quarter, stated (via Variety), "We remain on track to roll out a more unified one-app experience domestically, making extensive general entertainment content available to bundle subscribers via Disney+"

The beta version of the Disney+/Hulu app, which will be called Hulu on Disney+, will reportedly provide subscribers with an early look at the integrated platform. Iger emphasized the significance of this release window, noting, "giving parents time to set up parental controls." The official launch is anticipated in spring 2024.

Disney is currently in the process of finalizing the acquisition of NBCUniversal's 33% stake in Hulu, a deal that involves a substantial financial commitment. According to a recent filing, Disney is set to pay at least $8.61 billion to Comcast for the Hulu stake, with the final amount contingent on an evaluation of Hulu's market value by respective bankers.

"We expect Hulu on Disney+ will result in increased engagement, greater advertising opportunities, lower churn, and reduced customer acquisition costs, thereby increasing our overall margins," Iger said.

This strategic move aligns with Disney's commitment to enhancing its streaming business, which has shown positive growth. In the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2023, Disney+ reached a total of 150.2 million. Iger anticipates the streaming business to achieve profitability by the fourth quarter of fiscal 2024.

Does anyone know if there is a way to opt-out of Hulu being part of Disney+? We prefer to keep these services separate....

Why would you want to pay for 2 apps when you can have both on the same?....

Does anyone know if there is a way to opt-out of Hulu being part of Disney+? We prefer to keep these services separate....
I have the same problem. There doesn’t appear to be a way. I submitted a polite suggestion that they include this as an option under profile settings. I have zero interest in seeing Hulu content on D+, the types of content are vastly different.

I have the same problem. There doesn’t appear to be a way. I submitted a polite suggestion that they include this as an option under profile settings. I have zero interest in seeing Hulu content on D+, the types of content are vastly different.

you don't have to click on Hulu on the D+ app lol.

you don't have to click on Hulu on the D+ app lol.

I was at a friend's house and they have Hulu, and it seem sto just mix everything in on the homepage. I don't know if that only happens if you start watching Hulu stuff first, but it's actually kind of a mess. I'd ratehr it stay on it's own tab.

I was at a friend's house and they have Hulu, and it seem sto just mix everything in on the homepage. I don't know if that only happens if you start watching Hulu stuff first, but it's actually kind of a mess. I'd ratehr it stay on it's own tab.
This is how it is for us- it didn’t ask us if we wanted Hulu integrated- it just showed up and all of a sudden it was everywhere and things came up when my kids were searching. Even on one of the kids accounts it shows an “Alien” collection and a “Predator” collection (when you click on them it says they are not available due to the rating). That being said, I let that teenager watch Loki and Wandavision, but that doesn’t mean I feel comfortable with access to Family Guy, you know?

Also, I am ok with my younger kid watching Brave and Moana, but not all of the trashy reality tv from Hulu that also comes up as being rated TV-PG

This is how it is for us- it didn’t ask us if we wanted Hulu integrated- it just showed up and all of a sudden it was everywhere and things came up when my kids were searching. Even on one of the kids accounts it shows an “Alien” collection and a “Predator” collection (when you click on them it says they are not available due to the rating). That being said, I let that teenager watch Loki and Wandavision, but that doesn’t mean I feel comfortable with access to Family Guy, you know?

Also, I am ok with my younger kid watching Brave and Moana, but not all of the trashy reality tv from Hulu that also comes up as being rated TV-PG

Yeah, that stuff should definitely not come up on a kid's profile, even if the actual shows can't be watched.

I'm sticking with accessing Hulu shows through the Hulu app for now. A couple of things I just noticed when accessing the Hulu section of Disney+:

* There is no navigation bar on the left-hand side, so no access to the shows you're in the middle of watching, search function, etc. In the Hulu app, there's a prominent "Continue watching" section of the main screen without my having to go looking for those shows.

* "Shōgun" only has the Japanese-language version of each episode (not the English-dubbed version) and does not offer the podcasts or behind-the-scenes videos, only a few extras.

I'm using the Roku apps for Disney+ and Hulu; is anyone seeing more functionality in the Hulu section of a different Disney+ app?

Why I think Disney+ and Hulu got merged in my opinion is so they could combine both Disney+ for the kids and Hulu for the grownups. Because when you look at Hulu they have few content for children and it's mostly adult oriented programming and why Disney+ decided to merge with Hulu was because this was the only way Disney+ could continue to stay alive because after they had that terrible Super Bowl commercial Disney+ thought that because of that commercial it would make them go belly up. And when you look at it from a different ball game Hulu and Disney+ have always been teaming up together to create programming that everyone can enjoy. I wouldn't be surprised if the ABC App shuts down and all the ABC programming goes to Disney+ and Hulu and some of the ABC shows become Disney+ and Hulu exclusives like Disney+ did with Dancing With The Stars. Next ESPN will follow suit and do the same thing and be added to Disney+ and Hulu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter