Disney Pin Celebration 2010 - Trade City, U.S.A.

bcpage

Mouseketeer
Disney Pin Celebration 2010 - Trade City, U.S.A.
August 27-29, 2010 (Fri, Sat, and Sun)
World Showplace, Epcot

I would like to know what to expect at this event from anyone who has attended previous pin events. Anything you can share about what goes on is appreciated. Also, what are the hours of it each day? I hear that you get food vouchers, do you get them each day and are they good at both counter and table service restaurants?

I can't help too much, since I haven't been to one (yet! fingers crossed for this August!), but my dd and dh attended the "Pin Trading University" event in September, 2008. They received several pins each, had the opportunity to purchase and trade for other pins, and dd was selected to participate in a special event (she was "called to the dean's office," lol) where she got to choose one from a group of special pins. They had a blast--so much so that they want to take ds and I with them this year!

As for the "food vouchers," they each received (I think) 2 $15 gift cards when they checked in. They used a couple of them at the Electric Umbrella for lunch, I used one to purchase a toy for ds, and I think we used the balance towards our hotel bill. In other words, they were generic Disney gift cards that probably could have been used anywhere Disney gift cards were accepted.

Hope to see you there!

Thank you for the info!

I was thinking my youngest dd (8 yrs old) might be too young, but since you and your ds are planning to attend this August, I'm guessing that you think that 6 or 7 is fine? Also, what were the hours of the event each day and was there a lunch break for your dh and dd?

Thank you for the info!
I was thinking my youngest dd (8 yrs old) might be too young, but since you and your ds are planning to attend this August, I'm guessing that you think that 6 or 7 is fine? Also, what were the hours of the event each day and was there a lunch break for your dh and dd?

There is normally a separate area for the younger traders...not sure of the age requirements. Yes, some of the adults are rude and overwhelming, but that is true with any hobby anywhere. There are a lot of nice traders too, so IMHO it balances out.

(Thursday) Registration starts at noon somewhere in one of the hotels. After you got your loot, there are trade tables and people hang there most of the day. Normally that night is a Pin Trading Night (even for those who aren't attending the event).

(Friday, Saturday and Sunday) EPCOT opens at 9AM and people make a mad dash to stand in line outside of the World Showcase Pavillion (between England and Canada) to get in when it opens at 9:30. It closes at 6 PM. Finally some fresh air, food, and fireworks before it starts all over again the next day. LUNCH????? When there are pins to trade? Food can wait.

There is normally a separate area for the younger traders...not sure of the age requirements. Yes, some of the adults are rude and overwhelming, but that is true with any hobby anywhere. There are a lot of nice traders too, so IMHO it balances out.

(Thursday) Registration starts at noon somewhere in one of the hotels. After you got your loot, there are trade tables and people hang there most of the day. Normally that night is a Pin Trading Night (even for those who aren't attending the event).

(Friday, Saturday and Sunday) EPCOT opens at 9AM and people make a mad dash to stand in line outside of the World Showcase Pavillion (between England and Canada) to get in when it opens at 9:30. It closes at 6 PM. Finally some fresh air, food, and fireworks before it starts all over again the next day. LUNCH????? When there are pins to trade? Food can wait.

Not to stereotype here, I agree there are most certainly rude folks within each hobby but MY personal top 4 most rude collectors/hobbists have to be
1.)Sports card /sports memorabilia
2.) Action figure collectors
3.) any of the Flea market beanie baby vendors, and lastly.....
4.)and this is interesting. Scuba dive equipment retailers. It seems like there is a habit of veteran divers and equipment retailers to eat their young, maybe it's the machismo, I've dove deeper than you mentaility but all of the above far out rudes pin traders.

Seriously, some of us are adults collecting pins with cartoon Character images on them, how rude can we be?

Does anyone know how much the registration fee is and how quickly it fills up? Do I have to register that morning or can I wait a few days until payday?

Seriously, some of us are adults collecting pins with cartoon Character images on them, how rude can we be?

I've been pin trading for quite awhile now and met some people that lower my self esteem in an instant. I would have to say the adults are the worst ones to pin trade with. I have run into numerous accounts of rude people where it makes me want to stop pin trading. I mean its just a hobby and just pins. Although some are a little better than others it is just a hobby and just a pin. I choose to collect the pins i want but they dont always appeal to others tastes.

My DH and I are planning on going to this, but haven't heard a ticket price yet. Anyone know anything yet?
, do you have to have park admission too, or is it like having a MNSSHP or MVMCP ticket and you don't need it. Sounds like a busy weekend, not much time for other park stuff.

My DH and I are planning on going to this, but haven't heard a ticket price yet. Anyone know anything yet?
, do you have to have park admission too, or is it like having a MNSSHP or MVMCP ticket and you don't need it. Sounds like a busy weekend, not much time for other park stuff.

Park admission is NOT included with the event ticket.

I have already booked air and hotel ressies to go to the pin event! I can't wait to find out more! It will be my first one. Ya'll will probably notice me because I typically hang out with my GORGEOUS dog!!! :rotfl:Actually, typically no one sees me, they just see Jojo, but, whatever. Do we have a "group" going?

I have already booked air and hotel ressies to go to the pin event! I can't wait to find out more! It will be my first one. Ya'll will probably notice me because I typically hang out with my GORGEOUS dog!!! :rotfl:Actually, typically no one sees me, they just see Jojo, but, whatever. Do we have a "group" going?

We have air and hotel booked already as well, just waiting for next Wednesday to roll around to register for the event itself. Also anxiously awaiting the merchandise catalog to be released. I can't wait to see what's going to be available and what's going to end up on my RSP.

We have air and hotel booked already as well, just waiting for next Wednesday to roll around to register for the event itself. Also anxiously awaiting the merchandise catalog to be released. I can't wait to see what's going to be available and what's going to end up on my RSP.

I know!!! I know!!!! I KNOW!!!!! Next Wednesday can't come soon enough! :goodvibes

I have my DVC ressie (Boardwalk), getting ready to make my air ressies and will register DH & I for this event next weekend. I go to this event almost every year. There are some very rude traders and some very nice traders. I enjoy going. See you all there. :goodvibes

I have my DVC ressie (Boardwalk), getting ready to make my air ressies and will register DH & I for this event next weekend. I go to this event almost every year. There are some very rude traders and some very nice traders. I enjoy going. See you all there. :goodvibes

We've got our ressie at VWL. This is our second year going and I agree there are some rude traders and very nice traders. Luckily we experienced mostly the second category. We really enjoyed it last year and I see it becoming one of our annual trips.

We have been to the pin event at EPCOT the last two years and have had a blast! It is usually $100 per person and includes a welcome pin, a pin partners pin, a jumbo pin and a goodbye pin if I remember correctly. We will be staying at the Boardwalk this year, so it will be easy to walk over to EPCOT. There is usually great trading on Thursday night at the Beach Club, where you can pick up your registration packet and pins before the event starts on Friday morning. Be sure to bring lots of trader pins for the pin boards! If you have any other questions, let me know!

We have been to the pin event at EPCOT the last two years and have had a blast! It is usually $100 per person and includes a welcome pin, a pin partners pin, a jumbo pin and a goodbye pin if I remember correctly. We will be staying at the Boardwalk this year, so it will be easy to walk over to EPCOT. There is usually great trading on Thursday night at the Beach Club, where you can pick up your registration packet and pins before the event starts on Friday morning. Be sure to bring lots of trader pins for the pin boards! If you have any other questions, let me know!

oh! Oh! OH! Sounds Like SO much fun!!!! I cannot wait!!! (but you know I will!):rotfl:

I haven't signed up as yet, since there is a Figment sculpt event and I had to spend money on that first.

However, a friend of mine said the Breakfast is already sold out and there are only a few places left for the dessert function. Haven't heard anything about the status on the Vinylmation special.

Also found interesting that the early bird special is not by a date you register but by your place in the registration process.

I am sooooooooooo toast with all the Figment stuff at this event.

Yes registration is open and you should sign up as soon as possible. We will be at the breakfast, the pin event and the reception. I know that some folks are disappointed about the breakfast being sold out so soon. I logged on right at two to sign up since there were only 200 slots for the breakfast and 300 slots for the reception. I think last year there were something like 1300 people at the event, so I would not expect the reception to last for long....

My Dad and I tried to register right at two, but had to wait like 6 minutes! I was so surprised! We also signed up for the main event and the breakfast, but not the vinalmation (sp?) or the dessert. We did get the early bird pin (yay), but I really thought that we would. Very exciting. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter