• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney on a budget

One idea would be to pick a hotel room that you think would be the best option. Then show them the photo from that and also the second VRBO link and ask what they would prefer.

Are you familiar with the Western Way Entrance for WDW property?
It would be considered close to AK side of the World. They have been building a lot of new resorts in this area.
Springhill Suites by Marriott ,
Townplace Suites and some by
Hilton... Homewood Suites & Home2Suites . I assume they offer transport to the theme parks. Usually have discounts too!

Last edited:
One other recommendation would be to bring a small air mattress. You can tuck it against the wall in the AM. We have done this with our 2 teen. They were fine with taking turns sleeping on it. They were much bigger and didn't want to share a bed. Just know that the rooms are not that big and it will be a bit crowded. The kids being young helps though. If you want great theming, try All Star Music and get the family suite for more room (When it opens) or two ADJOINING rooms at Pop.
I don't think that will work in this situation. The issue is that they have more people than the room capacity will allow. It is ok to have someone sleeping on an air mattress if you only have 4 in the room. It is another story if you are trying to do that with 5 in the room (unless you have a room that specifically allows 5+). Disney simply will not allow that many in the room, unless one is under 3.

Are you familiar with the Western Way Entrance for WDW property?
It would be considered close to AK side of the World. They have been building a lot of new resorts in this area.
Springhill Suites by Marriott ,
Townplace Suites and some by
Hilton... Homewood Suites & Home2Suites . I assume they offer transport to the theme parks. Usually have discounts too!

The Marriott hotels do not provide any transportation but they do have free parking and NO resort fees.

I've looked at the CBR and it just doesn't make me happy like AoA or POP does. I didn't look into the Dolphin though, I will try that. We are on a limited budget, trying not to spend much on the hotel to save for other things.
For budgeting purposes, the 5th sleeper room at CBR is cheaper than the suite at AOA. The pool area at CBR is pretty cool for kids too. I get what you mean by not as much in your face Disney as AOA, but the pool area is pretty cool and it is on the skyliner.

Just the free parking pays for a round-trip of Uber. Which beats a Disney bus in my opinion.

Parking plus a resort fee run more than $50 a night. I won't spend that much on Ubers per diem. I am working on breaking the FOMO of staying at Flamingo Crossing vs. Bay or Crescent Lake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter