Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's everyone been watching Christmas based on Disney+ that has been a favorite?

For me:

Muppets Christmas Carol (that Christmas eve scene is my favorite ever). Just one more sleep til Christmas day.

Mistletones: such a cheesy movie but I love it.

So what's everyone been watching Christmas based on Disney+ that has been a favorite?

For me:

Muppets Christmas Carol (that Christmas eve scene is my favorite ever). Just one more sleep til Christmas day.

I love the old Pluto’s Christmas Tree short and Mickey’s Christmas Carol. I had them recorded on VHS when I was a kid so being able to watch them together is awesome.

Unless they want to sideline Grogu completely, I don't know how they continue forward without a Luke/Grogu series. That die seemed cast when Mando turned the baby over to him. As long as the Luke series isn't the dominant one and is just part of the universe it could be interesting. I could do without it as well though.

Unfortunately, that would mean the end of Grogu. Unless Luke needs a lot of babysitters. Look Cara has Grogu this week! Next week Mando has him again! What the heck, let's give Boba week as well!

The only other choice would be to have Luke give him up for a longer period of time which would seem odd given how long it took and important it seemed for them to find each other to begin with.

It would also seem at odds with the storytelling for each other related series. Seems obvious now that BoB (Book of Bobo) is going to center on him alone in the underworld segment. The Mandalorian will most likely be the Mandalore restoration/DarkSaber story. Ahsoka will be looking for Thrawn. Rangers looks like the western. Not sure how Grogu would fit in. They could give him to Ahsoka but they could have done that already.

Hondo fits perfectly into a series like Mando that’s set up in chapters of individual missions. I’m surprised we haven’t seen him pop up yet

plus it ties into Galaxy's Edge ... which they have done some of in Mando

For example, in the finale, when they walk into the bar/restaurant at the beginning, on the menu sign about 1/2 the stuff are items you get get in Galaxy's Edge (written in Aurebesh)

I have no doubts that Feige can and will put together additional projects and seasons for whatever already coming out. But what happens in 2023 and beyond is kind of concerning if they’re piling everything into 2021 and 2022. At some point they’re going to have to dial it back on the amount of new characters they introduce to avoid over saturation. Did we really NEED Ironheart? She’s not very popular in the comic community.

For me:

I watched Mistletones again today. Yea it's cheesy and standard fare Christmas, but the music focus makes it fun for me.

Been watching all the simpsons and other random Christmas episodes as well as Noelle. Need to go through the Santa Clause trilogy too

I watched Mistletones again today. Yea it's cheesy and standard fare Christmas, but the music focus makes it fun for me.

Been watching all the simpsons and other random Christmas episodes as well as Noelle. Need to go through the Santa Clause trilogy too

We watched Noelle and then on Netflix watched Jingle Jangle and the two Christmas Chronicles

Need to get to Muppets Christmas Carol and Mickey's Christmas Carol before Friday ... then will watch Soul on Friday

We watched Noelle and then on Netflix watched Jingle Jangle and the two Christmas Chronicles

Need to get to Muppets Christmas Carol and Mickey's Christmas Carol before Friday ... then will watch Soul on Friday

I cannot suggest Jingle Jangle enough. I’ve seen it twice. People gushed over Klaus last year and I thought it was trash. Maybe I like the more cheesy Christmas content. I love the Christmas Chronicles movies. And I enjoyed Noelle. But Muppets Christmas Carol, Home alone 1 and 2, Elf, and Christmas Vacation are yearly staples in my house

I usually watch all of those each year as well. I did enjoy Klaus a lot though. Thought it was just average but fun until the end I felt was really strong. It was an interesting take on the Santa mythos.

I have no doubts that Feige can and will put together additional projects and seasons for whatever already coming out. But what happens in 2023 and beyond is kind of concerning if they’re piling everything into 2021 and 2022. At some point they’re going to have to dial it back on the amount of new characters they introduce to avoid over saturation. Did we really NEED Ironheart? She’s not very popular in the comic community.
They have a ton of characters to choose from. Over 10,000 of them. Heck the Guardians were nobodies before they were introduced and they found a way to make them cool. You still have all the fox characters to choose from as well now. Also we will see a lot more villain shows as well. Then most of these shows will probably have a season 2 as well. They will be ok for a while I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter