Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally can’t wait to get the vast array of directors talking about the season. The direction this season has been beyond phenomenal. I have to go back and watch the first season Gallery, but I don’t remember Ludwig Goransson being featured. I hope they bring him in to talk about his scoring. Imo that’s been a highlight of this season, and series thus far
He was featured a bit in season one.

So I’m now off for the rest of the year (had a ton of time off I have to use or lose) and I’m determined to watch both Clone Wars and Rebels. I’ve tried numerous ways to get into Clone Wars over the years (watching certain episodes or storylines) but it never worked. This time I’m just starting with the movie and going episode by episode in order. I’m up to episode 6 of season 1 already. Most I’ve watched before and I’m enjoying it more than I have in the past.

My goal is that I will become an Ashoka fanboy before the New Year!

So I’m now off for the rest of the year (had a ton of time off I have to use or lose) and I’m determined to watch both Clone Wars and Rebels. I’ve tried numerous ways to get into Clone Wars over the years (watching certain episodes or storylines) but it never worked. This time I’m just starting with the movie and going episode by episode in order. I’m up to episode 6 of season 1 already. Most I’ve watched before and I’m enjoying it more than I have in the past.

Stick with it. Some of the early episodes are a little rough but it gets really, really good! Rebels is the same in that it starts a little slow.

Stick with it. Some of the early episodes are a little rough but it gets really, really good! Rebels is the same in that it starts a little slow.
Yeah I agree. Beginning of clone wars isn’t as great but as it goes on it gets quite good.

How long is one suppose to give it? I've done through the Mortis Arc and just couldn't anymore. I think for me it may have something to do with the style of animation. Rebels on the other hand I ate up.

How long is one suppose to give it? I've done through the Mortis Arc and just couldn't anymore. I think for me it may have something to do with the style of animation. Rebels on the other hand I ate up.

Well, if you're not feeling "Ghosts of Morits" then I'm not sure it can ever be for you. Maybe try to get to "Darkness on Umbara" - if that can't win you over I don't think anything will.

Episode 7 was all about the score, he was in that one a lot.

I must have skipped that episode in my watch through because I don’t remember that. Which is cool because now I have another piece of content that’s “new” to me

Please send your application to club through me

Peyton Reed is back to direct tomorrow’s finale of Mando.

if he brings back the Frog family, I’m going to be furious
I have a very bad feeling about this.

That story took up too much story time to not have a more resolute ending. Jedi Master Frog Lady and Darth Jar Jar can have an epic lightsaber battle.

Another thing to try would be skip to the end and watch the last 4 episodes form the lastest season 7. Some of the best of all the Star Wars animated shows and comments to Episode 3

And if you still don't like it then maybe just not for you

I have a very bad feeling about this.

That story took up too much story time to not have a more resolute ending. Jedi Master Frog Lady and Darth Jar Jar can have an epic lightsaber battle.

Frog Lady is a Jedi and the one to answer Grogu’s ForceMail. I think I’d bail on the show forever lol

I will say the spider sequence made for very tense moments, and I think tomorrows Episode could benefit from that. And the Frog Lady wasn’t his dialogue or creation, it was Favreau’s. And I’m also in the minority that hated that angle. And the episode was handed to him as a filler, not created by him to be one. I am surprised that the finale was handed to him when there were probably better options from S2 even if you didn’t want to go with a new choice. But if Mayfield (Burr) can turn completely turn my opinion around of his character, I have faith Reed can as well, especially since he’s the director of my favorite MCU movie

Last edited:
Another thing to try would be skip to the end and watch the last 4 episodes form the lastest season 7. Some of the best of all the Star Wars animated shows and comments to Episode 3

And if you still don't like it then maybe just not for you

I had to fix that for you, MaxRebo - It's some of the best Star Wars period!

Last edited:
Yeah I agree. Beginning of clone wars isn’t as great but as it goes on it gets quite good.

I think it was created to be children’s show, based on the feel of the first season, and they changed directions afterwards to cast a wider net of fans

ALL Star wars is a "children's show" but I mean that as an utmost compliment.

Well you can say that about any fantasy or even fictional show/movie. I dislike when people use that argument that Star Wars was created for kids. It wasn’t. Just like Disneyland wasn’t created for kids. Star Wars was created to allow kids to also enjoy the films, but wasn’t created just for them. There’s a big difference in tonal feel of maturity between the first season of Clone Wars and the Original Trilogy.

Well you can say that about any fantasy or even fictional show/movie. I dislike when people use that argument that Star Wars was created for kids. It wasn’t. Just like Disneyland wasn’t created for kids. Star Wars was created to allow kids to also enjoy the films, but wasn’t created just for them. There’s a big difference in tonal feel of maturity between the first season of Clone Wars and the Original Trilogy.

Right. Sometimes people confuse "children's" for a lack of sophistication. That is not the case at all with Star Wars or many Disney movies, etc. I think of Star Wars as being for "the 8 year old in all of us." I know a lot of people whose inner child is dead. They don't like Star Wars much, or Disneyland! Honselty, I don't see a big difference in tone from the OT - it also had scenes with whimsy and scenes that get pretty dark. Clone Wars goes for all of that over the course of its run, even in the first season.

Right. Sometimes people confuse "children's" for a lack of sophistication. That is not the case at all with Star Wars or many Disney movies, etc. I think of Star Wars as being for "the 8 year old in all of us." I know a lot of people whose inner child is dead. They don't like Star Wars much, or Disneyland! Honselty, I don't see a big difference in tone from the OT - it also had scenes with whimsy and scenes that get pretty dark. Clone Wars goes for all of that over the course of its run, even in the first season.

Exactly. I don’t attribute having an imagination as being childish or immature. Just means your mind allows you to step out of your comfort zone. I just hear that so often “Well, Star Wars was made for kids”. Jurassic Park was in that case, made for children because believing Dinosaurs could come back via Mosquito blood thousands of years ago is as likely as Star Wars actually existing. I agree the OT had some silliness that runs parallel to the Clone Wars S1, the Ewoks is the main one. But I think there’s a darkness to the OT that you don’t see from the Clone Wars until S2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter