Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, where are they going to cut these labor costs? They have not brought back parades and most shows. If Disney keeps cutting, then people will not go. Dear Disney, give the people what they want and they will come. Continuing cutting everything and you will find yourself in a heap of trouble.
In there defense, they expected mass crowds for the next few months for the 50th. People aren't coming. There is tons of availability for the foreseeable future. IMO the Pent Up Demand talk was just that. It was Disney and travel agents trying to boost sales.

In there defense, they expected mass crowds for the next few months for the 50th. People aren't coming. There is tons of availability for the foreseeable future. IMO the Pent Up Demand talk was just that. It was Disney and travel agents trying to boost sales.

Well, I think there was certianly some pent-up demand showing through during the summer as crowds surged when we thought we were moving pass the pandemic. That seems to have run the course though, and obviously the pandemic remains. I think clearly Disney overestemated the length of that spike and priced accordingly too. They will need to make adjustments.

Well, I think there was certianly some pent-up demand showing through during the summer as crowds surged when we thought we were moving pass the pandemic. That seems to have run the course though, and obviously the pandemic remains. I think clearly Disney overestemated the length of that spike and priced accordingly too. They will need to make adjustments.
I wouldn't be surprised if most of that surge in the summer were just people getting in their cancelled trips. I don't think any adjustments will make much of a difference. People aren't traveling much right now.

Park reservations are available, but resort availability is slim for most of November.

This summer was very, very busy. I agree that a lot of people aren't up for taking their kids out of school at the moment given the way last year went. I also think people are canceling because of the new face Disney management is showing with the Genie+, IA$, and price increases with APs, resort cost with lack of discounts, etc. I know folks who cancelled their upcoming fall trip because they were no longer feeling good vibes about Disney for the reasons I just mentioned. These were people that were very excited about the 50th and normally wouldn't pass up a chance to go. It's really disheartening and I completely understand why they decided to cancel their trip. They'll go again in the future because they have tickets to use, but all the same, Disney management needs to wake up.

*hahahaha as I'm typing this up, I see that there are added costs to the already insanely expensive Star Wars Hotel. Because what, they can't afford to feed everyone for two days when a family of four pays $6000 plus for the two day experience?!

I love Disney. I love WDW. I'm a nerdy, nostalgic sap, but man oh man am I feeling jaded lately.

This summer was very, very busy. I agree that a lot of people aren't up for taking their kids out of school at the moment given the way last year went. I also think people are canceling because of the new face Disney management is showing with the Genie+, IA$, and price increases with APs, resort cost with lack of discounts, etc. I know folks who cancelled their upcoming fall trip because they were no longer feeling good vibes about Disney for the reasons I just mentioned. These were people that were very excited about the 50th and normally wouldn't pass up a chance to go. It's really disheartening and I completely understand why they decided to cancel their trip. They'll go again in the future because they have tickets to use, but all the same, Disney management needs to wake up.

*hahahaha as I'm typing this up, I see that there are added costs to the already insanely expensive Star Wars Hotel. Because what, they can't afford to feed everyone for two days when a family of four pays $6000 plus for the two day experience?!

I love Disney. I love WDW. I'm a nerdy, nostalgic sap, but man oh man am I feeling jaded lately.
In all fairness re captains table they are marketing this like a cruise and most cruises I’ve been in Disney & otherwise have had upcharge dining experiences

In all fairness re captains table they are marketing this like a cruise and most cruises I’ve been in Disney & otherwise have had upcharge dining experiences
I can see that comparison. Most cruises are longer than 2 days for the price point though and include more food overall. Right?

I can see that comparison. Most cruises are longer than 2 days for the price point though and include more food overall. Right?

All meals are included for the Galactic Starcruiser, including a meal at Docking Bay 7 during the day in Galaxy’s Edge. This is an add on to a dinner that is completely optional.

All meals are included for the Galactic Starcruiser, including a meal at Docking Bay 7 during the day in Galaxy’s Edge. This is an add on to a dinner that is completely optional.
I understand all of that. I'm not trying to make a big fuss. I'm just saying that most cruises include more whether it's days, food, etc for the price point. I thought. Maybe I'm just tired and hungry.

<<. This summer was very, very busy. I agree that a lot of people aren't up for taking their kids out of school at the moment given the way last year went >>

And it so funny, because it seems like the exact opposite here in NY--- I hear SO many people taking their kids out of school for vacation---- not taking sides, its just odd--- I hear both sides of the story, but most of the parents that I am speaking with 1) dont trust the schools yet, as far as safety. 2). desperately want/need a vacation 3). both

I think the travel bubble may have burst. Plenty of people we’re using stimulus money and the additional unemployment that was coming in. With that gone funds are lower which means less travel. Also there are so many people still not working. People that lost their jobs during the pandemic who realized they could survive on one income or living with family and not have so many extras but have their mental health intact. First extra to go is vacation. I’m hoping this sticks around through next year but not to the point where they stop adding extras. If crowds are too low they won’t bring certain things back. We go late next year.

I just got back yesterday, but had to go with out my kids, the quarantine rules for the return weren’t worth it. They wouldn’t miss 2 days or would have been 2 days plus whatever they decided was this weeks quarantine rule.

So yes I agree I think less people are pulling their kids. Granted I have 1 day out of school in feb for my oldest and 2 for my youngest, I hope the rules change I would be so bummed to cancel.

Yet no discounts on rooms. We have aps but with current room prices, we will stay offsite for the foreseeable future.

Yet no discounts on rooms. We have aps but with current room prices, we will stay offsite for the foreseeable future.

I think part of it is they don't want to go back to all the crazy deep discounts of 2008-2010/12 where they had so many trained to only book with the deep discount and to wait for it, they went a bit to far that way then, but now they are going to far the other way. They need to be in middle and probably move to a more best deal is booking far out with more restrictions on cancellation for the deal hunters.

Edited above, does appear to be mostly in the film/television aspect vs any parks impact to Disney.
Thanks for the edit. OP should edit original post. Anyone in their right mind should expect cuts in the film area. I don't know anyone that goes to theaters yet, or anymore period.

They don't have people to clean them. The rooms they have open are full. The housekeeping was hit hard with people that haven't been able to or just haven't come back. Been offering return/sign on bonuses for a long time.

Thanks for the edit. OP should edit original post. Anyone in their right mind should expect cuts in the film area. I don't know anyone that goes to theaters yet, or anymore period.

Yeah they posted a second article to indicate that the WDW CMs would not be included because of agreements they have in place with the parks. I updated my original post with the follow up blog post to indicate that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter