• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

We're sourcing rumors from restaurant waiters now? Is that an upgrade or downgrade from the old bus driver rumors?

At this point, I don't even count on it happening.... when the CEO announces it. Most cases it's some grand plan that always get's whittled away at by the bean counters.

Spaceship Earth is still as boring as ever.... and I think three times they have "announced" it's being "upgraded" as part of one of these "plans".

Info from general cast members is fun to hear, but that's all it is.... fun rumors.

I haven't seen this posted yet, but is this going to leave three months in between EPCOT festivals this year? I don't remember the last time it was that long!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2024/04/epcot-food-wine-festival-dates-details-announced/

Mark your calendars: The 2024 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE takes place at Walt Disney World Aug. 29 through Nov. 23!
I'm seeing a lot of chatter about this - people think the reason for this is that Disney expects this summer to be lower than usual crowd wise. The amount of hotel/dining promotions they're pushing right now does line up with that theory.

I actually enjoy Diet Epcot but Epcot in the summer where the park has little to no shady places to sit down is misery lol

I haven't seen this posted yet, but is this going to leave three months in between EPCOT festivals this year? I don't remember the last time it was that long!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2024/04/epcot-food-wine-festival-dates-details-announced/

Mark your calendars: The 2024 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE takes place at Walt Disney World Aug. 29 through Nov. 23!

Well, this at least saves me some money for my August trip, but sucks missing it. :(

2019. Believe it or not, this is how it used to be. This perpetual festival situation was squarely because of the pandemic closures, they were desperate for revenue and the booths were easy money from locals, who they were initially relying on heavily due to the travel slowdowns. Tbh I think this is a good and healthy sign that maybe we will also get real Food & Wine fest back, with the tastings and seminars and demonstrations (especially with Communicore Hall being open for it). This thing has been a shell of itself since covid and it's a shame.

Unpopular opinion I suppose but I hate how long they've been running the last few years. While I've appreciated being able to enjoy Flower and Garden during my birthday trips in late May, that festival going to July 4th was absurd. And imo it made the festivals feel less special when the booths were basically permanent fixtures in WS. I'm glad Epcot will have time to breathe a little between them again.

At this point, I don't even count on it happening.... when the CEO announces it. Most cases it's some grand plan that always get's whittled away at by the bean counters.
Disclaimer: I'm a recovering bean counter so I may be a bit sensitive but....

If the CEO announces it, then the bean counters will provide the money. However, just because the CEO announces it doesn't mean that the plan is final. Plans are just that and they can change time and time again. That's why they are called plans. The changes can be based on many different things.

2019. Believe it or not, this is how it used to be. This perpetual festival situation was squarely because of the pandemic closures, they were desperate for revenue and the booths were easy money from locals, who they were initially relying on heavily due to the travel slowdowns. Tbh I think this is a good and healthy sign that maybe we will also get real Food & Wine fest back, with the tastings and seminars and demonstrations (especially with Communicore Hall being open for it). This thing has been a shell of itself since covid and it's a shame.

Unpopular opinion I suppose but I hate how long they've been running the last few years. While I've appreciated being able to enjoy Flower and Garden during my birthday trips in late May, that festival going to July 4th was absurd. And imo it made the festivals feel less special when the booths were basically permanent fixtures in WS. I'm glad Epcot will have time to breathe a little between them again.

Communicore Hall did replace the planend new festial center, so hopefully they will still use it as such. I am not sure how downgraded the facilities are. Of course, the grand plan was to transform the Wonders of Life pavilion into something, but that hasn't happened....

Spaceship Earth is still as boring as ever.... and I think three times they have "announced" it's being "upgraded" as part of one of these "plans".

Info from general cast members is fun to hear, but that's all it is.... fun rumors.
I still like Spaceship Earth for the novelty of riding up the ball but on the last trip it went down multiple times while I was on it and I think it needs a major upgrade....and perhaps a new narrator? Time to put Judi Dench to pasture.

The Spaceship Earth refurb that was announced at D23 has officially been canceled. I saw Alicia (blogger who has been doing excellent coverage of Epic Universe) discussing how Spaceship Earth is next after Test Track but she isn't 100% sure of that.

Communicore Hall did replace the planend new festial center, so hopefully they will still use it as such. I am not sure how downgraded the facilities are. Of course, the grand plan was to transform the Wonders of Life pavilion into something, but that hasn't happened....
I remember when they used to utilize Wonders of Life as a festival center! But I'm actually relieved PLAY! fell through because that honestly sounded like it would be dated right out of the gate and we'd be right back to the issues we had with Innoventions.

I still feel like Inside Out would be perfect for Wonders of Life if we have to have IP everywhere now, bring back Cranium Command except we are helping the emotions control Riley, it's a no brainer (forgive the pun).

Again I just returned 2 days ago and it was nice to see less walls up however that newish Moana walkthrough was, IMO, in the wrong park. It did serve as a nice way to cool off (I came out mostly soaked) and I liked the music playing (....which had me singing "and noone leavesssss" in my head all day) but I think it would have been better placed in Animal Kingdom or something. It was cute and my kids liked it...just didn't fit IMO.

Again I just returned 2 days ago and it was nice to see less walls up however that newish Moana walkthrough was, IMO, in the wrong park. It did serve as a nice way to cool off (I came out mostly soaked) and I liked the music playing (....which had me singing "and noone leavesssss" in my head all day) but I think it would have been better placed in Animal Kingdom or something. It was cute and my kids liked it...just didn't fit IMO.
I think it fits, the Moana attraction is an educational attraction about the water cycle. Epcot is largely educational. Makes sense to me.

I'm not sure where this guy on WDWMagic Forums got this info from, so take it with a grain of salt:

View attachment 854079

I realize this isnt final, but was kinda was hoping for more, (Zootopia and Moana LANDS Josh teased) but anything is an improvement, esp if beyond b thunder happens.

Appears to be 3 bigger things.

1. Indy- really just a wash.

2. A carousel? Is Triceratops leaving?

3. A boat ride? Hate loosing the boneyard (g kids love it) but worth it if done well.

I remember when they used to utilize Wonders of Life as a festival center! But I'm actually relieved PLAY! fell through because that honestly sounded like it would be dated right out of the gate and we'd be right back to the issues we had with Innoventions.

I still feel like Inside Out would be perfect for Wonders of Life if we have to have IP everywhere now, bring back Cranium Command except we are helping the emotions control Riley, it's a no brainer (forgive the pun).

Yeah, the plans for Play! weren't great, but that is why they lost that space as the Festival Center. I would still like to see the pavillion become something.

I think it fits, the Moana attraction is an educational attraction about the water cycle. Epcot is largely educational. Makes sense to me.
That's fair and I see your point. Maybe it was just the newness of it...and to your point what is the educational aspect of Guardians..to learn about Xandar (or 80s music?). That one probably belongs more in Studios...just one man's opinion. Love Guardians.

That's fair and I see your point. Maybe it was just the newness of it...and to your point what is the educational aspect of Guardians..to learn about Xandar (or 80s music?). That one probably belongs more in Studios...just one man's opinion. Love Guardians.

I don't necessarily mind that Guardians is in Epcot, but it would have been nice if it had like a post-show area about space or energy sources for theoretical faster-than-light travel, etc. I do like how it is the Xandar Pavillion for the World Showcase though.

Learning about 80s music is a very important skill in the US in order to understand previous generations ... and their mistakes :rotfl2: Just joking. I'm a child of the 80s and really love a lot of the music in Cosmic Rewind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter