Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Do you have a link to information about how those without developmental disabilities are being accommodated? I’ve read through the whole 50+ thread in the other forum and the reason for concern is no one has seen any information about how we will be accommodated, other than a return to queue system which doesn’t work for many people.

Disney hasn't given all of the details yet, but they have given some examples. People with developmental disabilities & autism may still be accommodated by DAS, but they will no longer get some of the pre-bookings and other extra "perks" that came with DAS. I use the word "perks" here simply because I'm not sure what other word to use. DAS is changing, though, and will not include everything it used to include.

Instead, pre-booking some LL will be one accommodation for some people with certain conditions. We're not sure what those conditions are. We could speculate, but we could be wrong. I'm wondering, for example, if someone is claustrophobic and can't handle certain rides, if that person will now have the option of pre-booking their LLs for those particular rides in advance. So, in that example, the person with claustrophobia wouldn't get DAS for all rides all day, but they'd be able to "lock in" their LL bookings for certain rides with queues they can't handle. So, that is one possible accommodation to help a need.

Another accommodation they're introducing is a line return. This is an accommodation they may offer people with certain conditions who may need to leave the line for a medical reason. Then they can return to the line. It's not clear yet exactly how this will work, but it seems possible that, if they leave, maybe they return and enter the LL.

Those are just two examples of the new accommodations Disney will provide. So, as you can see, Disney will work to accommodate the particular disabilities and needs as opposed to just granting DAS to everyone who has a disability.

I hope he’ll get a chance to visit DinoLand this week, so he can make an argument on why said land (except Dino-Rama) or at least dinosaurs in AK need to stay, that’s if he’s already seen or knew about the current overhaul plans.

I'll have to respectfully disagree here. I think Dinoland is very out of place in Animal Kingdom. I know the side story to it, but most visitors don't, and I don't think it works. It just looks like a weird, cheap carnival attached to Animal Kingdom.

It might have been interesting to build a land based on extinct animals and include dinosaurs in it. However, I'm definitely more excited for a beautiful Tropical Americas! And I think Indiana Jones makes sense for an area like that. I guess we'll see how it all pans out, though!

Disney hasn't given all of the details yet, but they have given some examples. People with developmental disabilities & autism may still be accommodated by DAS, but they will no longer get some of the pre-bookings and other extra "perks" that came with DAS. I use the word "perks" here simply because I'm not sure what other word to use. DAS is changing, though, and will not include everything it used to include.

Instead, pre-booking some LL will be one accommodation for some people with certain conditions. We're not sure what those conditions are. We could speculate, but we could be wrong. I'm wondering, for example, if someone is claustrophobic and can't handle certain rides, if that person will now have the option of pre-booking their LLs for those particular rides in advance. So, in that example, the person with claustrophobia wouldn't get DAS for all rides all day, but they'd be able to "lock in" their LL bookings for certain rides with queues they can't handle. So, that is one possible accommodation to help a need.

Another accommodation they're introducing is a line return. This is an accommodation they may offer people with certain conditions who may need to leave the line for a medical reason. Then they can return to the line. It's not clear yet exactly how this will work, but it seems possible that, if they leave, maybe they return and enter the LL.

Those are just two examples of the new accommodations Disney will provide. So, as you can see, Disney will work to accommodate the particular disabilities and needs as opposed to just granting DAS to everyone who has a disability.

Being able to book LL for free for the queues one struggles with would be a great option but Disney has not actually said a thing about how they will be accommodating those with physical disabilities who can’t wait in queues even with a return to queue system. I’ve scoured the internet and there’s nothing. That’s the problem. They put out a release saying they are committed to accommodating people while giving no information about how they are actually going to do so. But I think its best to leave this convo for the main thread. :)

Passholder Lounge at EPCOT​

Relax in the comfort of this new Passholder-exclusive lounge—at EPCOT for a limited time. It’s available as part of V.I.PASSHOLDER Days.

• Dates & Times: May 1 to June 18, 2024, from noon to 8:00 PM daily
  • Location: Restaurant Marrakesh in the Morocco Pavilion at EPCOT
Hours of operation are subject to change.
Highlights
Exclusive to Annual Passholders, the Passholder lounge is a great place to unwind during a fun-filled day at EPCOT. Here, Passholders can:
  • Chill out in an air-conditioned area
  • Enjoy complimentary snacks and water
  • Charge mobile devices
  • Pick up a complimentary Passholder button
Plus, special friends may stop by to say hello!
Important Information
  • Subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • To enter EPCOT, Annual Passholders must have valid admission and a theme park reservation for EPCOT; or Annual Passholders may visit EPCOT without a theme park reservation on a good-to-go day for that park, or after 2:00 PM. Theme park reservations are limited and are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates.
  • All offerings, dates, hours of operation and locations are subject to availability, change, closure or cancellation without notice.
  • Each Passholder must be present and show their valid Annual Pass card, linked MagicBand, MagicBand+ or Disney MagicMobile pass, and a government-issued photo ID to be eligible to enter the Passholder lounge.

Is “Mickey Views” a legit outlet or a clickbait site?
Don't know what qualifies as "legit" exactly--I mean, it's not like YouTubers are journalists. I wouldn't call Mickey Views "clickbait," though sometimes Brayden does do click-bait kinds of things like titling a video "Disney Emperor Iger WINS." That obviously has more to do with his personal views/feelings than with simply reporting what happened.

Anyway, I don't watch his videos anymore but it's not because I think of them as click-bait, it's just that he's too negative, and that's not fun for me. But I know that kind of stuff gets a lot of traction on YouTube 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Is “Mickey Views” a legit outlet or a clickbait site?
It's going to be a mix of both. He has sources and does a good job at providing details about projects and his videos are good quality. However, no matter how much access an individual has or details they may know, presenting an unconfirmed project, that would be years in the future, will undoubtedly have click bait intentions. Though, this is not really the fault of Mickey Views, or any other outlet, and more on Disney as they can vague with plans and thus we need these outlets to help fill in some gaps.

I like Mickey Views and watch his videos but projects change all the time and they can rather quickly. In the span of a year we saw Disney themselves go from a Moana/Zootopia theme for Dinoland to now Tropic Americas.

Don't know what qualifies as "legit" exactly--I mean, it's not like YouTubers are journalists. I wouldn't call Mickey Views "clickbait," though sometimes Brayden does do click-bait kinds of things like titling a video "Disney Emperor Iger WINS." That obviously has more to do with his personal views/feelings than with simply reporting what happened.

Anyway, I don't watch his videos anymore but it's not because I think of them as click-bait, it's just that he's too negative, and that's not fun for me. But I know that kind of stuff gets a lot of traction on YouTube 🤷‍♂️
I can't stand how he talks - Youtube personalities sometimes develop a cadence that is really annoying.

So what is the queue option?

Being able to book LL for free for the queues one struggles with would be a great option but Disney has not actually said a thing about how they will be accommodating those with physical disabilities who can’t wait in queues even with a return to queue system. I’ve scoured the internet and there’s nothing. That’s the problem. They put out a release saying they are committed to accommodating people while giving no information about how they are actually going to do so. But I think its best to leave this convo for the main thread. :)
Right & it’s back to the money issue. Basically it appears to me that they want ppl with disabilities to PAY for genie plus too.

Passholder Lounge at EPCOT​

Relax in the comfort of this new Passholder-exclusive lounge—at EPCOT for a limited time. It’s available as part of V.I.PASSHOLDER Days.

• Dates & Times: May 1 to June 18, 2024, from noon to 8:00 PM daily
  • Location: Restaurant Marrakesh in the Morocco Pavilion at EPCOT
Hours of operation are subject to change.
Highlights
Exclusive to Annual Passholders, the Passholder lounge is a great place to unwind during a fun-filled day at EPCOT. Here, Passholders can:
  • Chill out in an air-conditioned area
  • Enjoy complimentary snacks and water
  • Charge mobile devices
  • Pick up a complimentary Passholder button
Plus, special friends may stop by to say hello!
Important Information
  • Subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • To enter EPCOT, Annual Passholders must have valid admission and a theme park reservation for EPCOT; or Annual Passholders may visit EPCOT without a theme park reservation on a good-to-go day for that park, or after 2:00 PM. Theme park reservations are limited and are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates.
  • All offerings, dates, hours of operation and locations are subject to availability, change, closure or cancellation without notice.
  • Each Passholder must be present and show their valid Annual Pass card, linked MagicBand, MagicBand+ or Disney MagicMobile pass, and a government-issued photo ID to be eligible to enter the Passholder lounge.
Does anyone know if each person has to have an AP to enter something like this. For example, I have an AP, but my dsis does not; coukd she come in with me or would she not be allowed in?

Does anyone know if each person has to have an AP to enter something like this. For example, I have an AP, but my dsis does not; coukd she come in with me or would she not be allowed in?
Every guest needs an active annual pass. At least with the last passholder lounge they did in the Land Pavilion, CMs checked to make sure everyone had an AP before entering.

I'll have to respectfully disagree here. I think Dinoland is very out of place in Animal Kingdom. I know the side story to it, but most visitors don't, and I don't think it works. It just looks like a weird, cheap carnival attached to Animal Kingdom.

It might have been interesting to build a land based on extinct animals and include dinosaurs in it. However, I'm definitely more excited for a beautiful Tropical Americas! And I think Indiana Jones makes sense for an area like that. I guess we'll see how it all pans out, though!
The carnival section of DinoLand is what needs to go. That’s what I mean by "Dino-Rama needs to go".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter