Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

With them retheming Dinoland to South America, what do we think the chances are that there might be a Peruvian Llama pen and/or an Emperor's New Groove attraction that they haven't yet announced?
Very slim. Animals cost too much and do not help TWDC get guests to pay more money for attractions. In fact, it is the total opposite.

I would not be surprised if this remodeling project will be budgeted tightly and that's why it is very unlikely that 2 E-ticket attractions in this area are built despite the available space to accomplish it and a desired goal to improve park attendance that leads guests to spend more money (i.e. ILL or G+).

I'm dying for another animal trail and tbqh the park could use another major one to go with Gorilla Falls and Maharajah Jungle Trek. I really hope they make one for Tropical Americas.

As far as attractions go...in discussions around the new permit that was filed for AK, there's been a lot of smoke from various insiders about the scope of the construction being bigger than what we've been assuming, and that there's going to be another big attraction past just the revamp of DinoLand. From what I've been reading in these spaces and going on past rumor cycles it sounds like there may be competing concepts for this third thing (beyond Encanto/Indy) that haven't been settled on yet.
If they want to put in an animal trail for Tropical/South America, the land should be a totally new one, and not a revamped DinoLand. I saw that there’s suitable land west of Africa and Pandora.

I saw that there’s suitable land west of Africa and Pandora.
They have plenty of land east of Africa and north of Asia that would be much easier to develop than the land to the west. Going west would require revamping the cast member entrance and support buildings.

Why? Dinoland sucks. Even a smallish trail like they have by the Tree of Life would be a marked improvement over anything there now.

I like the concept of Dino-Land, but it really needs more to it, especailly after losing Primeval Whirl, which was nothing spectacular to begin with. I like Dinosaur, and I don't even mind the "Roadside Attraction" theme of the Dino-Rama, but it's gotta have stuff to do.

Dinoland has 2 things I like these days.... The Boneyard..its nice and shaded and you can chill with a beverage while your kids "dig for bones" and Restaurantosaurus...love that bar in the back...and that name rules.

Otherwise, yet, while Dinosaur isn't terrible it's not a must do IMO and the rest is forgettable.

Dinoland has 2 things I like these days.... The Boneyard..its nice and shaded and you can chill with a beverage while your kids "dig for bones" and Restaurantosaurus...love that bar in the back...and that name rules.

Otherwise, yet, while Dinosaur isn't terrible it's not a must do IMO and the rest is forgettable.

"Restauratosaurus" is indeed the best name for a restaurant ever!

They have plenty of land east of Africa and north of Asia that would be much easier to develop than the land to the west. Going west would require revamping the cast member entrance and support buildings.
I think you meant east of Asia, correct? East of Africa, in AK terms, is Asia.

I liked the self-referential wink-at-the-audience vibe of Chester & Hester's. But most folks either didn't find it funny, or missed the joke entirely, and now that Primeval Hurl is gone, the joke flat out doesn't work.

IMO, that's a shame, but I also won't mourn it when it is replaced by something that "modern" Imagineering (say, New Fantasyland and later) is capable of.

The other half of Dinoland (to the right of Chester & Hester's) was better executed, but didn't have enough of an anchor to get guests to spend time there.

https://disneytips.com/the-often-overlooked-backstory-for-dinoland-u-s-a-lh1/

Last edited:

You just gave me a moment of panic - where will Jimmy go if they close Restaurantosaurus?! Will someone please think of the children(‘s parents)!

Salvaged Stormtrooper Helmet Popcorn Bucket Coming to Walt Disney World, Disneyland

Talk about recycling! This clever release from Disney Parks sees an old stormtrooper helmet turned upside down and into an exciting collectible — the perfect way to snack when marathoning Star Wars. Available for purchase at select locations throughout Disneyland Resort on May 4, while supplies last, and served with popcorn, french fries, or Galma Garlic Puffs, depending on location. Coming in May, the Salvaged Stormtrooper Helmet Bucket will also be available for purchase at select locations throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort.

1711106614237.png

Scott Gustin

@ScottGustin

NEW: Disney’s Animal Kingdom will celebrate the 30th anniversary of “The Lion King” this summer from June 10 to Sept. 6. As part of the celebration, Timon and Rafiki will once again meet guests at Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Times will be posted in the app.

1711120305998.png

It looks like Joe Rhode's back at Disney as a contractor. Perhaps he’s here to have the Tropical America plan altered, so it’s not a DinoLand replacement?
I feel like changing anything in Animal Kingdom would be something that Joe Rhode would wade back into Disney waters for, that was his brain child, the thing in his career he was most proud of. And I can just imagine him hearing second hand the plan from insiders and imaginers he's friends with and getting all worked up. I'm all for having more people that really care about the execution of any expansion/change on board.

I feel like changing anything in Animal Kingdom would be something that Joe Rhode would wade back into Disney waters for, that was his brain child, the thing in his career he was most proud of. And I can just imagine him hearing second hand the plan from insiders and imaginers he's friends with and getting all worked up. I'm all for having more people that really care about the execution of any expansion/change on board.
I agree. If I'm being really honest for a second, I do not trust the current state of WDI to design anything for AK without the guidance of Joe Rhode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter