Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Yeah, I got a "Stormrider Forever" post card at TOkyo Disney as it was closing very shortly after I was there. I like the comemorative stuff.
The Poseidon shirt sold like hotcakes too. It kept selling out and coming back in stock only for it to sell out again. Disney would make some good money if they sold OG Country Bear Jamboree closing merchandise.

The Poseidon shirt sold like hotcakes too. It kept selling out and coming back in stock only for it to sell out again. Disney would make some good money if they sold OG Country Bear Jamboree closing merchandise.

I guess it's a little different since it is coming back. It's not like "The Final Jamboree" or anything. But Disney never really does that at all.

It's similar to how Universal permanently closed Poseidon's Fury last year and the last day had EVERYONE riding it (is riding it even the right word? Experiencing it?) Before then literally no one cared.

I did like how they sold a t shirt for the closing date. I wish Disney did that with their attractions. I know they did that with Great Movie Ride as I own that shirt.
Universe of Energy got a shirt as well. I rode them both on their final day.

Isn't Buford a dog?

Also, before anyone jumps in with "shooting a dog is problematic too," - it's a joke!
Huh, I honestly don't know. Either way, I agree with your sentiment that nothing is super over the line. Part of the charm of the Bears is that it catches you off guard with how brazen it is. To me (and probably you and most people) there's nothing that goes too far, but it's probably easier to nip it in the bud now before sentiments change ever further and the line moves to a point where some of the jokes are no longer in good (enough) taste.

Universe of Energy got a shirt as well. I rode them both on their final day.
Really??? That's news to me. Brb, going to try to find that shirt on eBay.

My sister's sorority sister rode that on the final day and she was there when the ride broke down and everyone riding had the ability to walk around and view the dinosaurs. I was so insanely jealous.

Huh, I honestly don't know. Either way, I agree with your sentiment that nothing is super over the line. Part of the charm of the Bears is that it catches you off guard with how brazen it is. To me (and probably you and most people) there's nothing that goes too far, but it's probably easier to nip it in the bud now before sentiments change ever further and the line moves to a point where some of the jokes are no longer in good (enough) taste.

Yeah, but you're right, that IS the charm. It's a shame that people can be sensitive. I mean, nobody is actually suggesting that anyone shoot little Buford, be a dog or a child (well, I guess he'd be a bear cub). It's just a hyperbolic statement about how misbehaved Buford is.

All that being said, the dated songs and humor are what don't connect with audiences today - or do they based on those lines today? 🤔 A mondernization is not a bad thing though, and better than just getting rid of them completely.

Yeah, but you're right, that IS the charm. It's a shame that people can be sensitive. I mean, nobody is actually suggesting that anyone shoot little Buford, be a dog or a child (well, I guess he'd be a bear cub). It's just a hyperbolic statement about how misbehaved Buford is.

All that being said, the dated songs and humor are what don't connect with audiences today - or do they based on those lines today? 🤔 A mondernization is not a bad thing though, and better than just getting rid of them completely.
At least for me the song sung by the Sun Bonnets is so baffling to be in a Disney park LOL. I didn't understand it as a kid but now I'm like.....uh okay.

At least for me the song sung by the Sun Bonnets is so baffling to be in a Disney park LOL. I didn't understand it as a kid but now I'm like.....uh okay.

I mean, yeah, but is there any reason why it can't be in a Disney park? I mean, on Main Street USA at Disneyland they once had a lingerie shop. It's just a humorous little song.

Last edited:
I mena, yeah, but is there any reason why it can't be in a Disney park? I mean, on Main Street USA at Disneyland they once had a lingerie shop. It's just a humorous little song.
Oh no I agree. I don't have any issues with the Country Bears songs. I actually like the edginess to the humor and wasn't offended by it. Probably the only actual questionable part of the attraction is the name of one of the bears, to which they are changing for the new version.

Oh no I agree. I don't have any issues with the Country Bears songs. I actually like the edginess to the humor and wasn't offended by it. Probably the only actual questionable part of the attraction is the name of one of the bears, to which they are changing for the new version.

Yeah, and even that is pretyt mildly questionable - though, yeah, I agree with changing it, if anything jsut to modernize it. It doesn't always have to be about what is questionable or offensive, sometimes it's just about things that are no longer relevant. As much as some people wish they were - they're just not, so you know. I do hope they keep at least one of the original songs, probably either the intro or "Come Again" - newly recorded of course. Otherwise, I am lookign forward to the new show.

I bought my son a Country Bear Christmas hoodie from WDW before Covid. It’s really cool and old school looking.

I mean, yeah, but is there any reason why it can't be in a Disney park? I mean, on Main Street USA at Disneyland they once had a lingerie shop. It's just a humorous little song.
Pinocchio at Disneyland had the 3 letter word for a donkey in it within the last 10 years. It seems to be gone now though.

Universal is willing to be self-referential to say that they know we're all in on the joke. Disney takes itself far too seriously to do that most of the time, though you do see glimmers of it every once in a while.
My favorite instance of that was when they were building Velocicoaster and would tell people they were building a churro when anyone asked what the ride was. Then when Velocicoaster opened, team members handed out churros to riders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter