Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Pricing Released for Garden Rocks Dining Packages

Garden Rocks Dining Package Pricing​

The dining packages for Garden Rocks includes the following:

• A meal at a participating restaurant
    • Spice Road Table: Meal includes 2 small plates, a shared tagine, a shared dessert platter and a nonalcoholic beverage
    • Other Participating Restaurants: Meal includes an appetizer, entrée and dessert OR a full buffet (where applicable), as well as one nonalcoholic beverage
  • One (1) guaranteed seat per person to one Garden Rocks concert on the same day
Garden Rocks in 2023

Garden Rocks in 2023
Here’s a look at the participating restaurants and their pricing:

Garden Rocks Dining Package Pricing 2024

Photo: Disney

Parkside Market First Look, Earl of Sandwich News & More Coming to Downtown Disney District
1705993491114.png
Here’s a first look at renderings for the new Parkside Market, a curated collection of four diverse culinary concepts from Levy Restaurants, all under one roof, as part of the expansion of the district on the west end. As we recently shared, Parkside Market will bring Seoul Sister, a fast-casual modern eatery that will serve a Korean-forward menu based on bibimbap (Korean rice bowls); Sip & Sonder serving lattes, fresh treats, frozen drinks and Caribbean-inspired bites; GG’s Chicken Shop with chicken sandwiches, salads, and classic dinner table sides; and a second story bar with great views of the district to sip signature craft cocktails and mocktails paired with tantalizing appetizers.
1705993514158.png
Earl of Sandwich
fans, great news! Plans are in the works for an all-new, two-story location in Downtown Disney District, with a quick-service Earl of Sandwich shop on the ground level and a table-service gastropub upstairs. We can’t wait to share more details about this project in the future.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for a temporary Earl of Sandwich pop-up opening soon near Star Wars Trading Post. Here, you will be able to pick up sandwiches such as The Original 1762, The Full Montagu or my personal must-have, the Holiday Turkey, as well as hand-crafted wraps, salads and sweets.

As we previously shared, Earl of Sandwich will be relocated from its temporary location on the east end of the district near the Esplanade to make way for the design and construction of an all-new Porto’s Bakery.
1705993539250.png
Next, let’s take a sneak peek at what’s coming to the center of the district later this spring – the new Paseo and Céntrico – and announcing, Tiendita! With menus created by Michelin-starred Chef Carlos Gaytán, the Paseo upstairs dining room and the first floor Céntrico courtyard bar and restaurant will offer upscale Mexican cuisine and tequila-based cocktails, while next door, Tiendita will offer Chef Gaytán’s Mexican heritage flavors on-the-go, with quick-service Mexican street-food staples.

Food Trucks at the Boardwalk

There are now food trucks on the BoardWalk! A Cast Member told us that they will be rotating daily going forward.

Disney's BoardWalk Inn Apps Food Truck's BoardWalk Inn Apps Food Truck

Today, we spotted App’s Food Truck!

They’re open from 11AM to 4PM, so it’s really only available for lunch.

On the menu, you can get things like arepas, burgers, empanadas, quesadillas, and more.

Since the food trucks are apparently rotating, we will probably see a different option tomorrow, but we’ll have to wait and find out!

I like the idea fine, just seems a little like bad planning with the BW food area. ESPN taking years, Leaping Libations has been minimal for years, the Food Stands lacking/gone, sudden loss of Big River etc.

Almost feels like a hungry guest called in the food trucks, and nobody at Disney even knew or cared about it.

download.jpg

Last edited:
The Walt Disney Company Earns 20 Oscar® Nominations
Poor Things | Searchlight Pictures - 11 Nominations
The Creator | 20th Century Studios - 2 Nominations
Bobi Wine: The People’s President | National Geographic Documentary Films - 1 Nomination
Elemental
| Pixar Animation Studios - 1 Nomination
Flamin’ Hot
| Searchlight Pictures, Hulu, and Disney+ - 1 Nomination
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
| Marvel Studios - 1 Nomination
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
| Lucasfilm Ltd. - 1 Nomination
The Last Repair Shop
| Searchlight Pictures - 1 Nomination
Nǎi Nai & Wài Pó
| Disney+ - 1 Nomination

I was trying to figure out what Indiana Jones was nominated for. While I liked it, it wasn't that well-received and it's not really a heavy VFX contender. It's John Williams of course, for best original score! He has so many nominations - maybe he can win one last one, considering that he's semi-retired. Seems like he always hears the call of Star Wars or Indiana Jones though.... 🙂

The Walt Disney Company Earns 20 Oscar® Nominations
Poor Things | Searchlight Pictures - 11 Nominations
The Creator | 20th Century Studios - 2 Nominations
Bobi Wine: The People’s President | National Geographic Documentary Films - 1 Nomination
Elemental
| Pixar Animation Studios - 1 Nomination
Flamin’ Hot
| Searchlight Pictures, Hulu, and Disney+ - 1 Nomination
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
| Marvel Studios - 1 Nomination
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
| Lucasfilm Ltd. - 1 Nomination
The Last Repair Shop
| Searchlight Pictures - 1 Nomination
Nǎi Nai & Wài Pó
| Disney+ - 1 Nomination
I think TMNT Mutant Mayham and Suzume deserved the nomination more than Elemental but I'm not sure it matters. Across the Spiderverse or Boy and the Heron will take the win.

I'm glad that Elemental was nominated - it deserves recognition. It really is a great movie and the animation is gorgeous. I know the lo-fi approach is popular these days but, honestly, I prefer to push the rendering engines as far as they can go.

Last edited:
I think TMNT Mutant Mayham and Suzume deserved the nomination more than Elemental but I'm not sure it matters. Across the Spiderverse or Boy and the Heron will take the win.

Don't agree on your first point, but agree on the second for sure! I think Across the Spiderverse should win, really.

I'm glad that Elemental was nominated - it deserves recognition. It really is a great movie and the animation is gorgeous. I know the lo-fi approach is popular these days but, honestly, I prefer to push the rendering engines as far as they can go.

Elemental was good and deserved to be nominated. I love Spiderverse, but I really hope Boy and the Heron wins. It was so awesome, and probably Miyazaki's only chance to win this. Spiderverse has one more coming and has already won it for the first one.

Elemental was good and deserved to be nominated. I love Spiderverse, but I really hope Boy and the Heron wins. It was so awesome, and probably Miyazaki's only chance to win this. Spiderverse has one more coming and has already won it for the first one.
I thought Elemental was just okay. Not terrible but not amazing. It's very middle of the road for me.

I love Boy and the Hero wins too. The animation is stunning. Across the Spiderverse has amazing animation too but the story was a little lacking for me. That's mainly because it's the middle part of a trilogy so it has to end on a cliffhanger.

Robot Dreams is really great too. It's incredible how much it can accomplish when there is no spoken dialogue in the entire film.

I thought Elemental was just okay. Not terrible but not amazing. It's very middle of the road for me.

I love Boy and the Hero wins too. The animation is stunning. Across the Spiderverse has amazing animation too but the story was a little lacking for me. That's mainly because it's the middle part of a trilogy so it has to end on a cliffhanger.

Robot Dreams is really great too. It's incredible how much it can accomplish when there is no spoken dialogue in the entire film.
I haven't seen Robot Dreams. Doesn't seem to be available yet on my streamers. I will have to add it to my movie spreadsheet.

I haven't seen Robot Dreams. Doesn't seem to be available yet on my streamers. I will have to add it to my movie spreadsheet.
I think it only released in Spain and France as of right now (as it's a co production from there). I saw some snippets on Twitter and loved what I saw.

I think it only released in Spain and France as of right now (as it's a co production from there). I saw some snippets on Twitter and loved what I saw.
I saw someone got the NA distribution rights at the end of December, so hopefully, it will be released in the US soon.

My DS (5) loved this movie & he sits through very few movies!

Not gonna lie and I know it's an unpopular opinion but I'll be happy when Soarin over California is gone. I saw it for the first time in October and rode twice just to make sure but I wasn't a fan. Soarin Around the World feels so much more relaxing and peaceful. Those fighter jets in the California version are so harsh and jarring.
Wouldn't it be good if they had these two and maybe another and just like Star Tours, you get a surprise each time you ride it. Everyone's tastes could be catered for 😁

Last edited:
Good points. I hope Miyazaki gets this one now as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter