Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I assume if this dining promo is real you’ll be paying rack rate for the room. So it’s basically like getting 15-30% off your room depending on category and room. This promo is per night. Not as good a deal as the DDP since you could put 4 people in one room and eat for “free” for a week.

I assume if this dining promo is real you’ll be paying rack rate for the room. So it’s basically like getting 15-30% off your room depending on category and room. This promo is per night. Not as good a deal as the DDP since you could put 4 people in one room and eat for “free” for a week.
Yeah if you look at my post from wdwmagic on the previous page it shows that it’s full rack room pricing with the dining card.

Love the idea of a dining gift card instead of the old dining plan. The old plan gave rise to so much effort by folks looking to maximize the value of the plan by ordering the most expensive item on the menu. To compensate, Disney did major cutbacks on food quality.

Disney Dining Plan still isn't back, but you can get a hefty Dining Promo Card with Walt Disney World resort hotel bookings this summer

With the purchase of a five-night, four-day non-discounted room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resorts, guests can get up to a $750 Disney Dining Promo Card that can be used to purchase food and beverage items at select participating locations at Walt Disney World Resort.

Booking for this offer starts January 5, 2023, and is available for arrivals from June 25 to September 14, 2023.

2023 Disney Dining Promo Card Giveaway Details​

Package Requirements: 4 day minimum ticket, 4 night minimum required

Booking Begins: 1/5/2023

Arrival Window: 6/25/2023 – 9/14/2023

Dining Promo Card Giveaway ($ value per night)​

For Arrivals 7/1 – 7/10 & 8/1 – 9/14:

• Value Resort $50 per night
  • Moderate Resort & Cabins $100 per night
  • Deluxe Resort & Deluxe Villa Resort $150 per night
For Arrivals 6/25 – 6/30 & 7/11 – 7/31:

• Value Resort $35 per night
  • Moderate Resort & Cabins $75 per night
  • Deluxe Resort & Deluxe Villa Resort $125 per night

May be a silly question, but I already booked last year for the summer of this year. I wonder if I would need to rebook?

Love the idea of a dining gift card instead of the old dining plan. The old plan gave rise to so much effort by folks looking to maximize the value of the plan by ordering the most expensive item on the menu. To compensate, Disney did major cutbacks on food quality.
I wouldn't mind it if it was per-person per-night. Everything just seems to say per-night, though. $50 doesn't go very far for 4 people in a value room.

May be a silly question, but I already booked last year for the summer of this year. I wonder if I would need to rebook?
If it works like the old "free dining" promotion worked, yes, you would need to rebook. And if prices of rooms or tickets have gone up since you originally booked, you would need to pay the new, higher prices.

Disney Patent Aims to Use Air, Water, and Projections to Make Robots Fly During Entertainment Shows

A new patent from Disney describes an untethered, flying robot for use in entertainment venues. Disney describes ground-based robots as oftentimes being fixed or on wheels, but not providing the type of dynamic entertainment that flying robots can provide.

Disney actually describes single-launch robots such as the Spider-Man Stuntronic that is currently in use in Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure. Disney says that while single-launch robots are useful for some implementations, it wants to expand to self-propelled flying robots as the future of entertainment evolves.

In the patent, Disney describes a flying robot that uses a combination of air and water to create its own thrust to accomplish motions such as controlled deceleration when dropped from a significant height or even a hovering effect. Effectively, the robot would have an onboard reserve tank of fluid to provide a controlled deceleration when falling. Fans would also be used to create a controlled deceleration or hovering effect.

In the patent image below, the implementation is shown to include a projector that Disney says could project “a superhero, a movie character, or the like” to create a believable entertainment experience. As the robot falls, the projector tracks the robot as the onboard systems utilize pressurized water and air to control the fall and hover before landing on a landing surface.

87888828-00FC-4228-B326-1418E39466F3.png

National Geographic Expeditions Announces 2024 Lineup

Travelers will have their pick of experiences, from a safari in Tanzania to an immersion in the timeless culture of Japan. Sail the Rhine on a world-class ship, exploring half-timbered villages and rolling wine country on a summertime sail through four countries. Or, get a close-up look at conservation in Costa Rica, meeting scientists at three research stations while exploring the cloud forest, wetlands, volcanoes, and coastal mangroves.

Bookings for 2024 Signature Land trips, River Cruises, and Private Expedition itineraries will open to the public on January 12, 2023. Bookings open early for the following travelers:

Travelers interested in booking a vacation in 2024 with National Geographic Expeditions can also save with an early booking offer! Book before April 7, 2023, and save $400 per person on all available North America Signature Land departures and $500 per person on all available International Signature Land departures for travel between Jan. 2024 and June 2024. Travelers can also save $750 per person on all available 2024 River Cruise departures, excluding the Jordan Extension and Petra Extension itineraries.

IMAX Enhanced to Expand Offering on Disney+ With IMAX Signature Sound by DTS

Disney Streaming, IMAX Corporation (NYSE:IMAX), and DTS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER), announced today that Disney+ subscribers using select devices will have a new way to experience select films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and more with an expansion of IMAX Enhanced technology on Disney+ coming in 2023.

In addition to IMAX’s exclusive expanded aspect ratio, which launched on Disney+ in November 2021, IMAX signature sound by DTS will enable an elevated end-to-end experience specially calibrated to provide fans at home with IMAX-quality picture and sound. Select best-in-class device manufacturers will support IMAX signature sound by DTS at launch, including IMAX Enhanced certified TVs from manufacturers like Sony and Hisense. Additionally, owners of certified AV receivers from manufacturers like Denon, Marantz, and JBL will also be able to enjoy the experience at launch. IMAX’s expanded aspect ratio, which delivers 1:90:1 and offers up to 26% more picture for select sequences, is currently available for supported titles across all Disney+ supported devices at no additional cost or equipment.

Ehhh...seems like a mess and a much lesser savings than regular free dining.
I suppose it is at least something after years of nothing. Also, with it being on a gift card, you aren't required to buy a snack, a meal, a drink a day to get your money worth. you have the choice to use the dining credit on any dining, whether that be a meal a day or 20 snacks :D

RUMOR: Disney World to Announce Room Discounts Soon for Spring & Summer Travel

The announcement for both the dining gift card and room offer is expected to be made tomorrow, January 5th.

There are two room discounts expected to be announced tomorrow. The first discount is a general discount for all eligible guests and is for up to 20% off of rooms in March 2023, and up to 25% off of rooms from April 10th to July 10th, depending on offer availability and subject to restrictions.

The second offer expected to be announced is an Annual Passholder room offer for up to 30% off of rooms from May 1st to July 10th, subject to availability and offer restrictions.

RUMOR: Disney World to Announce Room Discounts Soon for Spring & Summer Travel

The announcement for both the dining gift card and room offer is expected to be made tomorrow, January 5th.

There are two room discounts expected to be announced tomorrow. The first discount is a general discount for all eligible guests and is for up to 20% off of rooms in March 2023, and up to 25% off of rooms from April 10th to July 10th, depending on offer availability and subject to restrictions.

The second offer expected to be announced is an Annual Passholder room offer for up to 30% off of rooms from May 1st to July 10th, subject to availability and offer restrictions.
Yay! I’ve been waiting for May discounts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter