Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Hopefully as the ride continues operation updates can be made to how they work with guests who utilize DAS.
I hope so. They were not as strict for DAS with ROTR or Guardians- I followed those two super closely. A few rogue reports but usually they were accommodated.

I hope to see better reports now that everything is "official" and not a "soft launch"

I was there during the soft-open period and got group 11, and we got called at 8:46 with a "by time" of 9:46. Our situation was a little funny so I spoke with three cast members to try to figure out the best solution (which ultimately we ended up winging it). I found out that there is an unofficial but very firm 1-hour extension of your "by time," which presumably accounts for the potentially lengthy build up of people in the VQ (we waited ~an hour before even tapping in), and users with DAS can request a return time in accordance with their VQ boarding group that extends their "by time" by one hour. I didn't use that feature, so I'm not sure how it actually works. I posted my experience in the VQ thread, and I would hope that others post updates there now that the ride is officially open.
The problem with this is it sounds like it requires the DAS holder to go and speak to a CM at the ride. This is not reasonable for many people with disabilities. My partner's disability leaves him so sidelined when it strikes that we need to go to the hotel so he can sleep.

It wouldn't surprise me if eventually Disney makes Super Magic Pass Pixie ++ where it's like $150 and is just Universal Express Pass.
They'd have to charge way more than Universal, though. If it was $150 to LL everything without having to schedule, it'd sell out instantaneously every day. I can only imagine how high they'd have to set that number before it was available for more than a few minutes.

They'd have to charge way more than Universal, though. If it was $150 to LL everything without having to schedule, it'd sell out instantaneously every day. I can only imagine how high they'd have to set that number before it was available for more than a few minutes.
And they're be no way they'd follow Universal and offer it for free to Deluxe resort people. I bet they would create a new classification of rooms (most expensive ones of course) and only give it to those for free. But Disney giving anything for free is a longshot.

Just visualizing the variable pricing model (similar to Uni) for that, available at [insert number of days in advance here], starting at $150, beginning at midnight, and you get placed in a queue by Disney IT and are subject to random draw to get the privilege to purchase it at the introductory price… 🤪

Looking at this there are several points that are left up in the air. FWIW, I live in the area and drive that stretch very regularly so I know the traffic pattern.

It looks to me that this "reroute" is not at all a rerouting of Seven Seas Drive. Instead it's just providing better access to the CM parking that is across from the Poly. Notice that the new road that goes from SSD into the parking area does not connect up with Floridian Way. It just dead ends in the cast parking.

It doesn't look like access to the Poly is any different that what currently exists. It does make the current intersection of SSD to Floridian Way a bit different by improving an intersection that has become much busier now that the roadway from World Drive routes people to the Grand Floridian and the Poly through there.
I think you're right. I originally looked at this on my phone and those maps are hard to see details. I don't think this will change much for Poly.

It wouldn't surprise me if eventually Disney makes Super Magic Pass Pixie ++ where it's like $150 and is just Universal Express Pass.
Don't they have this already with VIP Tours? and it's much more expensive.

And they're be no way they'd follow Universal and offer it for free to Deluxe resort people. I bet they would create a new classification of rooms (most expensive ones of course) and only give it to those for free. But Disney giving anything for free is a longshot.

Considering what they used to charge Club Level guests for the privilege of buying 3 more prebooked FPs, this would only be available to them, have to be purchased for length of trip, and still be over $150 a person.

Don't they have this already with VIP Tours? and it's much more expensive
Sort of, except the tours are a fixed price for up to 10 (?) people. So, your average family group is paying quite a bit more than if people can wrangle a larger crew to go in on it together.

The cheapest VIP tour goes down to $315 a person for 7 hours, if you can get 10 people there. I have no doubts that at $315 a head, people would jump at adding an unlimited LL add on to at least one day of the trip.

We would pay $35 but probably not something over $50. I think it’s fine. It has positives and negatives, just like all of the previous systems.
Yeah, would definitely get choosier about what parks I used it at. Would probably change to only MK if it got above $50. Right now as a solo traveler I don’t mind paying it even for parks like Epcot where it’s not truly necessary just for the guarantee I don’t have to spend my day in any lines. But too expensive and that becomes less worth it for me.

And I’m sure, as with most customer service interactions, the guest’s level of politeness will pay a part. Show up angry and yelling, you might get nothing. Show up friendly and calm, better chance they’ll want to work with you

THIS!! I keep telling people who have questions about policies to go talk to someone in charge, and be polite and explain the situation. Disney is usually very happy to work with you no matter what their policy says, they want you to stay happy and keep coming back.

Just visualizing the variable pricing model (similar to Uni) for that, available at [insert number of days in advance here], starting at $150, beginning at midnight, and you get placed in a queue by Disney IT and are subject to random draw to get the privilege to purchase it at the introductory price… 🤪
Same day of purchase one ride express pass at universal was $300 per person last Saturday so genie+ looks like a bargain compared to that.

Remember that G+ or any kind of fast pass only works if few people use that system. If a lot of people use it, then the fast lane won't be "fast," and the regular lane will get bogged down extremely. So it should only be for those willing to pay and actually get a faster experience. It is good that they cap it, they have to cap it or else the system doesn't work and everyone has a bad experience. But this also means that if demand is high/they're selling out at peak times, they're leaving money on the table as there were likely people willing to pay more to be within that cap.

I'm not saying I like it or dislike it, I'm just pointing out how it's meant to work. If you think it's too expensive and most families can't afford to do it, remember that most families are not meant to. If everyone has G+ then nobody does.

Email I just got from SOG...saw a few posts up talking about roadwork. I'm guessing this is a part of that? Also, does anyone know how long it's supposed to last?

Dear Guest,

As you know, there are always exciting things happening around Walt Disney World Resort, and we want to keep you updated on the latest developments.

Starting Monday, May 1, 2023, the World Drive Expansion Project will begin between Shades of Green and the Grand Floridian Resort. We know that it's a lovely stroll on the walkway from our hotel to the Polynesian Village Resort; unfortunately, it will no longer be accessible.

But don't worry; we've got your back! We're adding extra buses to the Transportation and Ticket Center route, so you can still easily get to your destination. And the best part? It's totally free!

If you prefer to use your own vehicle, you can still do so, but please note that you will be responsible for the parking fee at the theme parks. Alternatively, you could use a ride-sharing service like Uber, Lyft, or the Minnie Van™ service-connected by Lyft - all available within the Walt Disney World Resort.

We understand that change can be tough, but we hope you'll bear with us as we work to make things even better for you. We're always here to help and make your stay as magical as possible.
Sincerely,
Shades of Green Staff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter