Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how people are using lightning lane during the after hour parties? I saw people using them at every ride during the event on the 22nd.

Happy Christmas to all (admittedly, a day late...but still!)
giphy.gif

Does anyone know how people are using lightning lane during the after hour parties? I saw people using them at every ride during the event on the 22nd.
We were at the party on the 22nd. There is a sort of glitch.

We had park passes for the 22nd, so we were already in Magic Kingdom using Genie+ all day. We had our next scheduled Genie at 4:15 at Peter Pan. We went over to sign in and get our wristbands for the party at 4:05. After that, we went on Peter Pan. After scanning in for the ride, our Genie+ stopped working. I tried signing out, killing the app, etc. but the app kept telling me that I did not have Genie+, and I'd need to pay $25 a person to purchase it.

So.... I went over to a Customer Service Blue Umbrella, and they said that once I checked into the party, my day passes were invalid and therefore my Genie+ day had ended. But we still had 2 hours left on our Genie+! So, they fixed it so that our Genie+ would still work until 6pm by 'splitting our account' into one for the park, one for party. They then told me to go back after 6pm to 'merge our account' back.

So, our Genie+ continued to work until 6pm. Our last ride was on Under the Sea at 5:50. Then at around 6:15, we went back to a Customer Service Blue Umbrella, and they 'merged' our account back.

I noticed after this that our Genie+ seemed to still work. We never used it, but it looks like we could have. We didn't go on any rides at the party - just the dance parties, parades, cookie thing, and fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter