Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking forward to D23 for ages and to hear today there is not one new ride confirmed is very disappointing. Universal opening a new park and Disney can’t even confirm a new ride is very disappointing 😔
And this is an issue with over following news outlets. If you read everything there will be no surprises.

Because again the experience of the board of following every single announcement. Is not going to be a universal experience. Heck its not even a universal experience on here. Because I've had other things to deal with

And this is an issue with over following news outlets. If you read everything there will be no surprises.

Because again the experience of the board of following every single announcement. Is not going to be a universal experience. Heck its not even a universal experience on here. Because I've had other things to deal with
Even if universal were doing nothing at all. I’m just disappointed that Disney can’t do one new ride that I never knew about especially with the money there making

Agreed, I can see Dinoland being redone within 3 years.

MK expansion on the other hand, yeah i'd say 5-7 years.

How long did New fantasyland take?
Groundbreaking was 2010. Opened December 2012 from what I can find.

So 2-3 yearish.

The Froteirland expansion timing I think I is going to depend on how far in to development vs concept they are.

Same with Dinoland's replacement

I would of thought the Coco/Encanto & villans lands would be top of the list, they got a good reaction from the crowd. I am still baffled why there isn't a Lion King land in AK. A better fit for there than Zootopia imo. I can see the Moana perhaps not happening. A bit of a lacklustre reception there.
I just don't think Zootopia will have the long term appeal. I would prefer Lion King to Zootopia as well.

So many bitter folks. If you all prefer Universal's style then go to Universal where you are obviously happier. Why are you bringing hate here??? I don't get it.

For my part I love the ideas presented for the MK expansion. It's everything I would love to see in a Disney Park. I don't care if it takes 7 years as long as it's done well. Folks here want rides to sprout like weeds and as much as I would love new things all the time too, it's simply not a reasonable request at all.

What single attraction did they reveal today that was announced beforehand? Tron? Moana? Tiana? That's literally all that's coming to four parks in WDW in the next 2+ years.

I

I disagree. I fully expect to see dinoland redone within in the next 2-3 years tops. The projects for MK may be further off, the next 6-12 months will determine that alot.
Josh said in the presentation that they were in the VERY early stages of planning and these plans are not even confirmed to be actually happening. I don't think we should expect to see these plans realized for a long time.

So many bitter folks. If you all prefer Universal's style then go to Universal where you are obviously happier. Why are you bringing hate here??? I don't get it.

For my part I love the ideas presented for the MK expansion. It's everything I would love to see in a Disney Park. I don't care if it takes 7 years as long as it's done well. Folks here want rides to sprout like weeds and as much as I would love new things all the time too, it's simply not a reasonable request at all.
Cos disney havent mentioned one new ride at WDW that we dont no about and the whole point of D23 is to say about new things

Its disappointing

Josh said in the presentation that they were in the VERY early stages of planning and these plans are not even confirmed to be actually happening. I don't think we should expect to see these plans realized for a long time.

Time will tell, can go both ways. Right now the next year could go either way with the economy/tourism. To a point things can move fast and as slow as they want. Dinoland redo could end up being quick and lackluster or really good or done in stages.

They don't even have things open again that they closed during the pandemic. No way they'll be opening any new land/expansion anytime soon.

We still don't know when: Enchanted tales with Belle, the Little Mermaid show, Fantasmic, Askersues, and other eateries/breakfasts in the parks etc. are opening back up. They REALLY need to start showing WDW some love.

They did mention new things, for their other 4 parks. And early (amazing) concepts for WDW. It's D23, not WDW announcements week.

and I’m glad the other parks may have things to look forward to

however if your a WDW fan and a person who goes to the WDW parks in Orlando it’s disappointing that not one new ride has been mentioned today

I am glad u are excitEd about the news they have told u however myself and I think many other people will be disappointed that not one new ride come out today for WDW at D23

one new ride is not a lot to ask but they failed to come out with that and thats made me Very underwhelmed

I have mixed feelings on AK. While I do think that area needs a big overhaul I just don’t really like the idea of IP in animal kingdom overall. If that makes sense? Not that I don’t love pandora. But I like the vibe of Africa/Asia etc more. But not sure what I’d want there. Though going back to the fantastical and putting in a dragon area would make my kid happy. Hah

Time will tell, can go both ways. Right now the next year could go either way with the economy/tourism. To a point things can move fast and as slow as they want. Dinoland redo could end up being quick and lackluster or really good or done in stages.
I'll be surprised if these expansions end up happening at all. A large amount of the plans for the Epcot refurb that were announced at the last D23 expo were cancelled or scaled back budget wise.

Hope they bring him back to WDW.
There is the Duffy panel tonight
Anything about Fantasmic?
Just 2022 via infographic at end
For the love of god, give Dinoland a facelift!!!
Blue sky
They can call the villains area Chapekland
Lol…. Though thinking more leaning into descendants with isle of the list and incorporate Tom Sawyer into beyond Thunder project
What new rides or lands are defo coming all I herd was what if
That wasn’t previously announced and isn’t just in blue sky….

Just pacific warf at DCA becoming big hero six themed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter