Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirque Du Soleil ‘Drawn to Life’ Prix Fixe Dining Package Available at Participating Disney Springs Restaurants

Guests can now book a prix fixe meal at participating Disney Springs restaurants for before or after their viewing of Cirque Du Soleil’s “Drawn to Life.”

The following restaurants offer a $45 prix fixe meal as part of this Animated Evening offer:
  • City Works Eatery & Pour House
  • Enzo’s Hideaway
  • House of Blues Restaurant & Bar
  • Jaleo by José Andrés
  • Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante
  • Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas
  • Planet Hollywood
  • Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant
  • Splitsville Luxury Lanes
  • Terralina Crafted Italian
And the following offer a $65 prix fixe meal:
  • The Edison
  • Paddlefish
  • Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
To book an Animated Evening, guests must first purchase tickets for “Drawn to Life” from the Cirque du Soleil website or by calling Cirque du Soleil at (877) 924-7783. They may then book a dining reservation for Animated Evening by calling (407) 587-5981 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. EST. The dining reservation must be scheduled for 2.5 hours before or 2 hours after the guest’s ticketed showtime.
What would be the benefit of this? Reduced meal price?

It is pretty big. I told @Helvetica to go ahead and post, but please, no discussion. Thanks so much guys!
Just want to say thank you again @mrsap for being such a great moderator of this thread. You have such a nice way about keeping things within the rules to keep the thread open and managing discussions. You never come across as unreasonable. I especially like your silly GIFs as a way to remind people when things are going awry to stay on topic...

It is pretty big. I told @Helvetica to go ahead and post, but please, no discussion. Thanks so much guys!
Thank you for the clarification. Without getting into politics anyone have breakdown of what it would mean for Disney if it happened? Like does this just mean they couldn’t approve their own projects or would it have impact on taxes and things such as dues for dvc?

Thank you for the clarification. Without getting into politics anyone have breakdown of what it would mean for Disney if it happened? Like does this just mean they couldn’t approve their own projects or would it have impact on taxes and things such as dues for dvc?
I think that would qualify as "discussion". ;)

Wikipedia has a lot of info about how Reedy Creek operates.

Cast Members Effectively Blocked Out of Disney World Theme Parks Due to Disney Park Pass System

Just like an Annual Passholder, Cast Members effectively have two layers of blackouts – an actual blockout calendar, and the Disney Park Pass reservation system.

First, here’s a look at the Disney Cast Member blockout schedule. As you can see, only a single date (May 10th) shows all four parks as being “open” to Cast Members. Of course, the calendar below is just the first layer of blackouts. Basically, this blockout calendar shows what’s allowed, but it’s the Disney Park Pass reservation system that shows what’s available. Already, things are looking pretty bleak.

In an update to this, the blockout calendar for Cast Members was recently updated to open availability to all four parks until Memorial Day weekend.

Disney World Removes All Cast Member Blockout Dates Through Memorial Day Weekend

0D0B0D57-EE6B-49EE-933D-81C7EBC0CAC3.jpeg

Last edited:
Just want to say thank you again @mrsap for being such a great moderator of this thread. You have such a nice way about keeping things within the rules to keep the thread open and managing discussions. You never come across as unreasonable. I especially like your silly GIFs as a way to remind people when things are going awry to stay on topic...
OMG thank you so much! You’re so sweet!! I love this thread!! We have a little Dis family here that’s so special to me! You guys are wonderful!! I just want it to stay open.😊 Thank you all for coming in daily!!! :grouphug:

Gaming News:

Skydance New Media Developing New ‘Star Wars’ Game

Skydance New Media and Lucasfilm Games are developing a new narrative-drive, action-adventure game featuring an original story set in the “Star Wars” universe.

Amy Henning (Legacy of Kain, Jak and Daxter, and Uncharted), president at Skydance New Media, said, “I’ve often described how seeing ‘Star Wars’ in 1977 essentially rewired my 12-year-old brain, shaping my creative life and future indelibly. I’m elated to be working with Lucasfilm Games again to tell interactive stories in this galaxy that I love.”

Re-posted by request, no discussion please

DeSantis Calls Special Session to Discuss Termination of Reedy Creek Improvement District

"And so yes, they will be considering their congressional map. But they also will be considering the termination of all special districts that were enacted in Florida prior to 1968. And that includes the Reedy Creek Improvement District." - Governor Ron DeSantis

Biting the biggest hand in Florida because his feelings got hurt.

Retaliatory move that hopefully bites back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter