Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up for anyone in the US setting up parental controls on accounts, some Disney films are not on the child-friendly accounts here in the UK, like Dumbo & Peter Pan (because of the warning about outdated themes) and oddly Treasure Planet (Not sure why on this one)
Also, on child-friendly accounts, the auto-play feature doesn't work, you'll get a notification at the end of an ep about the next one, but will need to say ok to playing the next ep 😀
Not sure if the US will be the same but probably
Apparently in the US they don't consider Moana kid friendly?!?!? Go figure!

New Food & Beverage Offerings Now Available at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park

Over in Africa, the Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery will be serving up a Marinated Pork Flatbread Sandwich ($10.49) featuring marinated pork atop of a cucumber-tomato salad, harissa aïoli, and greens with house-made chips, as well as the Spiced Potato Hand Pies, fried pastries with seasonal vegetables and potatoes.

Wilderness Explorer Cupcakes are waiting to be discovered across Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park! At Pizzafari you’ll find the Flamingo Badge Cupcake ($5.99), a coconut cupcake with exotic fruit filling, coconut frosting, white chocolate pearls and a white chocolate flamingo badge.

Over at Flame Tree Barbecue, the Dragonfly Badge Cupcake ($5.99) is a pink lemonade flavor with a strawberry compote filling and topped with lemon frosting and a dragonfly medallion.

Lastly, the Dinosaur Badge Cupcake ($5.99) can be found at Restaurantosaurus. This chocolate cake features a cookie cheesecake filling, chocolate frosting, and a white chocolate dinosaur badge.

If you’re a fan of coffee, there are even some new caffeinated beverages on the horizon. If you find yourself at Dino-Bite Snacks, be sure to try the Cold Brew Iced Coffee. And for a sweeter take on this beverage, try the Cold Brew Coffee Ice Cream Float.

Re backlot express
The Wookiee cookie was replaced by holiday treats idk when/if it returned in January so glad for a plant based option aside from hummus & carrots idk if I said that here already or other boards

We had a Cuban at Backlot express last September, so I’m not sure why they are touting this as ‘new’ 🤣🤣

Fwiw, it was actually pretty good. Better than the burger we got on the same order. That and the Wookie Cookie were winners of that meal.

What kind of cookie is the Wookie Cookie? (i.e. oatmeal, sugar, etc.)

Thank you, I may put this on the list of snacks to try next month. I'm still sad that I won't be able to get the Gingerbread sandwich cookie at Karamell kuche in EPCOT. That was quite possibly the best cookie I have ever eaten, and of course it was seasonal.
It's funny you say this because my daughter says the exact same thing! That cookie was her favorite cookie EVER. They just happened to have brought it back a couple weeks ago when we were there for her birthday and I think she ate 3 of them that week. lol (first week of March) I actually have one tucked away in my freezer for her that she forgot when she went back to school! I saw that there is a pumpkin spice cupcake there this week. I wonder if they are bringing back some of the seasonal things on rotation at Karamell Kuche?? Keep an eye on the mobile app every now and again. That's how we found out that the gingerbread cookie was there two weeks ago.

We also tried the Wookie Cookie for the first time on that trip. It is HUGE. I'm a big sweet eater and decided I would have to split it with someone next time. It's kind of like an upscale oatmeal cream pie. Or maybe 3 of them put together!

Thrilled about H2O Glow Nights. I love this event. I remember it starting Memorial Day previously, if that’s the case I’ll miss it by just a little but I can catch it in August too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter