Disney Movies in Different Languages

Lillian Gracey

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone else watches Disney Movies in different languages. I prefer watching movies in German. It's one of my favorite languages. My ipod is filled with songs in many different languages (mostly German) like Spanish, French, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Japanese, Korean, etc.

I love The Lion King (1 and 2) and Beauty and the Beast in German the most. The voices are amazing. :lovestruc The quote in my signature is a part from "My Lullaby" sung by Zira in The Lion King 2. If you listen to Clopin (Hunchback of Notre Dame) in German and in English, they sound very similar. I've had some friends do this and they are amazed at how similar they sound!

You will find me listening Disney songs in German every day. :laughing:

I've watched a lot of the foreign language or multi-language videos for Disney songs on Youtube. Especially the ones with subtitles its really interesting to see how some words were translated or interpreted differently to the English version. Its also interesting to hear how the singers differ in their portrayal of the character and song. I generally have an interest in sung foreign languages though (I wish more contestants in Eurovision Song Contest sung in their own language). Being an anime fan I of course really like the Japanese renditions but also the Russian versions and others are particularly cool.

Love listening to Disney in Japanese. On my last flight to Japan the in-board entertainment had a slew of Disney movies on demand (Peter Pan, Cinderella, etc) with the option for English or Japanese audio.

We also watch a lot of the films in Japanese. It's a shame the US DVDs usually don't include Japanese as a language option.

I have watched most, if not all Disney films in English and Spanish. :-) I'd have to say that sometimes, I love films more in one language than the other, while other times, some films are just tied at perfection in both languages. Beauty and the Beast is one of those films that is pure bliss in both English and Spanish (Latin America). :lovestruc

i would love if disney movies came in all languages! especially the cartoons for the little ones so everyone can enjoy them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter