Disney misses 4th Quarter Earnings, investment in parks down $632M in 2021 vs 2020

Did anyone else see the reports about Iger possibly returning to Disney? I think they've got a PR problem and it's affecting their stock. Even general public has a low view of Chapek. They may need to act sooner rather than later to put out a more positive image to their fans and wall street. Leaving things as is will only push stock lower and it's downward trend. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Did anyone else see the reports about Iger possibly returning to Disney? I think they've got a PR problem and it's affecting their stock. Even general public has a low view of Chapek. They may need to act sooner rather than later to put out a more positive image to their fans and wall street. Leaving things as is will only push stock lower and it's downward trend. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
This was actually being discussed on another board, that MSNBC article they are referencing was more of a shot out of a cannon than a rumor that has really any merit to it. All sources were anonymous as well, i wouldn't draw to much from it personally

Chapek said:
“We’re seeing really great demand. Very thrilled with our demand. Not only internationally but especially domestically, but particularly, again, because of our guest experience improvements at numbers that are very, very strong and very, very healthy,” he said. “So not only do a lot of people want to come but when they come they want to really engage in Disney.”

It really takes 637804 to make a statement like that while simultaneously slashing the guest experience dramatically!

#1) I'd like to see a list of what the guest experience improvements are. I believe he's lying. However, if anyone here has observed improvements, I'm curious to hear what they are. (I'm a shareholder too, and have an investment loss and am searching for what the "improvements" are.
#2) Would like to see a 10-yr graph of the total # of domestic visitors AND the total # of international. Not percentages, but actual counts. I suspect Chapek is temporarily correct because of the U.S-covid-postponed vacations that were rescheduled for 2022. But I believe that # will plummet once international travel becomes easier. I believe Disney's lost a large % of its domestic base.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter