Disney Marathon Trip Report

garneska

DIS Veteran
I was waiting till today to start this thread. I am going to Disney World tomorrow but our stay will not be at the Fort. @2goofycampers if you think this should be on the main page go ahead and move it but i was not sure since this is not at the Fort.

The good news is I have a Fort reservation to check in Jan 28 and stay for 2 weeks. We will be bringing Whisky then so the plan is no park time. It is a change of venue for work and get some time in the rig. After all it is the Fort and we love it. Since we have no dog with us this time, we are planning to go to each park. Its been a while since we have done more than one park day.

This trip we will be staying at the Swan again. We love the boardwalk area and generally you can get the Swolphin cheaper than a disney hotel. We stayed here last year and it was fine. The only issue is it is not as great as a spectator hotel. Only a few places to see me.

Today we are packing and then Whisky will go to boarding. She is bored out of her mind because she has not had any dog park time because of the rain. I think she is going to love being at boarding.

Second piece of good news is i got a reservation to celebrate my bday and finishing the marathon at Takumi Tei. I am excited to try this Omakase.

While I love and miss my Mallory, not having Whisky here tonight has been sad. I know she loves piedmont bark, but I missed having her. She is definitely part of the family.

we are ready for an early departure tomorrow morning. Goal is before 7. Let’s see if it happen.

Good luck to you and Bert on this trip, Kris.

The weather looks good for Orlando this weekend.

Run fast both of you!🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️

Ed

@Teamubr got through Atlanta easily. Helps that we start in the middle. Had to detour off 75 in Valdosta some kind of traffic meltdown. Detour did not cause too much delay.

Stopped for the lunch of Champions for Wendy’s at the Okahumpka service plaza. That was time consuming but should be at ESPN complex for bib pick up by 1:30.

Good luck, enjoy the weather, we always thought if we didn't have the RV we would stay there, I enjoy the boardwalk area, its always our first destination on day 1 at the fort, if you get a chance to walk over to Fantasia gardens, let us know if they shined it up any, last November it was in dire need of maintenance

Dinner was very good. For appetizers I had lobster bisque and Bert had pork belly. Both very fabulous. The pic is not loading. The main course was a seafood pearl pasta for me, lots of shellfish in a butternut squash sauce. Bert had the potato wrapped snapper. Love both.

9259CBB8-2DAC-4460-BFDB-6B39E2E93D52.jpeg

We walked around the boardwalk and then hit blue zoo for a cocktail. Mine was delicious did not get a pic of Bert’s.

46427B6C-0960-4A3E-BD4C-6A9FF76A3922.jpeg

Ready for bed. Bert got shut out of the half with the registration debacle so tomorrow we are going to DHS. We will get on Rise. I am paying, reluctantly, for that LL.

We stood at the same spot for Early Entry to ride TOT also, Kris, during Thanksgiving.

Hope you make it. We stood in the ToT line but it wasn't ready for EE so we rode RNR next door with no problem.

Ed

The park opened for resort guests at 8 am. We got there about 7:30. We were off ToT at 8:20. It was no wait at RnRC, so that was next. Then went to TSMM, was supposed to be 10 minute wait but had technical difficulties and we were done with that at 9:15. Just before getting on the ride I mobile order breakfast.

next we headed to GE for a breakfast Ronto Wrap and oats. The oats were pretty good. While trying to decide what to do next the Runaway Rail was open again, got on that with a 25 minute wait. after that able to catch the Frozen show and then we waited for our LL for Rise @ 11:20.

we had nit watched any spoilers. I was afraid it was so built up I would be disappointed but I was not. It was a good ride but the wait was 170 minutes when we got in our LL. The ride was down earlier in the morning. While i did not want to do it, it was worth it to pay for LL and not waste time in line. After that we were done. Rode the skyliner back to Epcot and had lunch at Swan Reserve. then walked the boardwalk for a sweet treat.

back at the room chilling and keeping my feet up, I don’t want to spend too much time on my feet. Dinner will be a Kimonos here at the swan. Then getting ready for that 2 am wake up.

Edited to add pic of my oats. They were good and semi healthy. At least tomorrow I can eat what I want.

55CCD170-3FC9-4936-874A-622BA27AABE0.jpegYea

Back at the room chilling and keeping my feet up, I don’t want to spend too much time on my feet. Dinner will be a Kimonos here at the swan. Then getting ready for that 2 am wake up.

Now THAT's the part of this event that is the worst.

Good luck in the morning, girl.

Ed

Had dinner at Kimonos, which seems weird to have sushi before a run but protein and carbs. i was not the only runner there eating. In fact quite a few runners eating sushi and early.

i am all laid out for tomorrow. I just need to remember to switch glasses and take my stuff from the fridge. Temps will be interesting, going to start cool but get warm. my big decision is shorts or capris. Both are laid out for a game time decision.

Not sure if I posted my goals but here they are. The first one is most important.

1. do not get so injured that I must take two months off. I want to be able to continue training after my birthday. Even if that means quitting.

2. Finish in 4:15. i think this is doable if everything lines up and I feel good at the start.

now I have cookie to eat, do some stretching, then sleep (try to sleep, at least rest).

Good luck, Kris!

Sounds like good goals. I saw the 4:15 and immediate thought, I could do that... Except my time would be 4.15.... days. :rotfl2:

Enjoy the run. I have a couple of friends/aquaintenances that are also running tomorrow. Sorry I'm going to miss it.

j

Spoiler alert: I did not come close to goal number 2. I am extremely disappointed but it is what it is. 4:57:45.

Verdict is still out on goal number 1. My knee started hurting at mile 17.5. I had to pull back in order to save goal number 1. Will let you know tomorrow how that worked.

Bert says I am orders of magnitude better than last year so maybe I saved it. I peed, showered and took Advil. Went to the pool bar for lunch. Waiting on food now.

Spoiler alert: I did not come close to goal number 2. I am extremely disappointed but it is what it is. 4:57:45.

Verdict is still out on goal number 1. My knee started hurting at mile 17.5. I had to pull back in order to save goal number 1. Will let you know tomorrow how that worked.

Bert says I am orders of magnitude better than last year so maybe I saved it. I peed, showered and took Advil. Went to the pool bar for lunch. Waiting on food now.

Congratulations :cool1: with the finish and hope the knee does OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter