Disney Magic Kingdoms

I have yet to buy a single chest and I'm not about to start now. Merlin has already turned today's coronian sun dial into mush in his cauldron. The worst thing about these dumb platinum chests is that they occupy a stand for 24 hours. I put 2 up there yesterday. One down, one to go.
I’ve had unusually good luck with chests so it’s tempting for me to buy one just to see what I get but I only have like 300 so I want to save them

I made the mistake of looking at the Facebook threads and my god some people who play this game are the worst combination of inpatient and stupid. Everything but the concession stand is permanent content. You have time to grind away at the tokens & attraction and the ones who buy chests and don’t instantly get what they want are crying “cash grab”. I’m curious if they buy lottery tickets and then complain if they didn’t become millionaires.
While I agree that people are incredibly impatient and stupid, I must respectfully disagree on the cash grab bit. Gameloft immediately introduced a sale on the platinum chest bundle as a means of enticing players. And I can pretty much guarantee that a few of those dummies who already fell for that trap are regular posters to this forum. I just hope that they are enjoying their decorations.

Just bought a Platinum Chest: 2 Planters, 2 Captain Hook Hat Stands, 1 Bronzed Briar Rose, 1 Coronian Sun Dial. Maybe instead of “1 Guaranteed per Purchase” they could guarantee you won’t get any more than 1 of the same thing per purchase. GEEZ. Never again! (and that’s what I said the last time I got ripped off, but this time I mean it).

So I just lucked into the steamboat on my 2nd platinum Finally paid off holding onto them

But I have no where to put it. Kicks rock
That's what happened to me, I knew there was a reason to keep a ton of em way back when!

What did/does bug me is that the only way to get the Botton Classic Fabric, except for buying them with elixir, is with SW attraction. The fact that bacically luck is the only way to get SW really bothers me. You could get lucky and get it on your first of second platinum chest, or spend resources and/or cash and not get one from 100+ platinum chests. All they would need to do is make it elite and make it a a 24 hour Mickey job and I’d be happy.

If the SW attraction approach is a one time thing that’s fine. My concern is that this could be an approach they use in the future and that’s why I went on my rant.

I don't mind that the attraction is locked in a chest. I 'm still missing zootopia and the ice rink. At least there is a second way to earn the fabric for the costumes. Elixir is a free resource in the game. Timely perhaps, but still free. They learned their lesson that you can't have a single bottle neck for items on new content. (Granted people who scored oogie boogie, but don't have any other nightmare before christmas characters are just out of luck until they get more help, for example).

Also gives them some easy rewards for a few mini games during this period. Happiness, top 1o in ranking get 2 platnium, 10-50 get 1 chest etc. It'll keep people coming back to the game to try and get this new content.

Have any better plans for your elixir?

Not really, but I don’t have much interest in those 2 costumes either. I’m interested in knowing what value, if any, they will provide. What are the chances they will? 50/50, or am I being generous? If they do offer value, I very well might spend elixir on them.

Honestly, my issue/concern has very little to do with the Classic B&W costumes. I’m much more concerned about them incorporating, needing a platinum chest attraction/character, to collect a required item in future events! Who knows, I’m probably worrying about nothing, but this feels like it could be a test run to see how it works.

Not really, but I don’t have much interest in those 2 costumes either. I’m interested in knowing what value, if any, they will provide. What are the chances they will? 50/50, or am I being generous? If they do offer value, I very well might spend elixir on them.

Honestly, my issue/concern has very little to do with the Classic B&W costumes. I’m much more concerned about them incorporating, needing a platinum chest attraction/character, to collect a required item in future events! Who knows, I’m probably worrying about nothing, but this feels like it could be a test run to see how it works.
I don't have the Frozen costumes, Pooh's bee costume, or Elastigirl, and fortunately it hasn't changed or inhibited game play at all. At least this way there is a reason to get Mickey.

Oddly enough, the Halloween and Pirate costumes all helped with tokens. The Lunar New Year costumes, not so much.

i don´t really care about attractions beeing in chests.what bothers me way more is the way they handle those time limited characters you only get in chests.it isn´t even attractive as you have to get lucky in first place to get one and then you only have 1 out of mostly 6.
when i got resetted the last time and lost 60 gems i just rage-spent the 60 gems i had left on 2 aladin chests.i got aladin but now i see he is just walking around,has nothing to do at all.all he does for me is collecting a little bit of magic.i don´t even bother letting him on level 1 while i have more important tokens to collect at the moment.
what i wish they would do is giving maybe at least some discount for chests you buy with gems too for at least a very little period.

i have a question about this ice rink.i´ve always seen people wanting it so badly.what´s so special about it?does it help a lot ingame?or is it just the attraction itself?

I don't mind that the attraction is locked in a chest. I 'm still missing zootopia and the ice rink. At least there is a second way to earn the fabric for the costumes. Elixir is a free resource in the game. Timely perhaps, but still free. They learned their lesson that you can't have a single bottle neck for items on new content. (Granted people who scored oogie boogie, but don't have any other nightmare before christmas characters are just out of luck until they get more help, for example).

Also gives them some easy rewards for a few mini games during this period. Happiness, top 1o in ranking get 2 platnium, 10-50 get 1 chest etc. It'll keep people coming back to the game to try and get this new content.

Don’t mind attractions in chest either and I don't t have a problems that tokens can be bought with tokens. Just don't like that that SW attraction, minus spending Elixir, is the only way to get a token. Yes Mickey also collects them but requires SW to do it. Give him an option without SW and I’m fine with what they’ve done. Even if it’s with a 24 hour job.

I don't have the Frozen costumes, Pooh's bee costume, or Elastigirl, and fortunately it hasn't changed or inhibited game play at all. At least this way there is a reason to get Mickey.

Oddly enough, the Halloween and Pirate costumes all helped with tokens. The Lunar New Year costumes, not so much.

Don’t either. If they want people to buy costumes they need to let costumes help with tokens, like the Halloween and Pirate. But not items that can only be gotten with those costumes. Ideally have it so those costumes drastically cut down collecting times.

Also aware that I’m likely overreacting to the SW fabric thing. I’ve just played, and had to quit, too many games that added these types of changes as a way to recover lost revenue and/or raise it. My concern is that this is what they are atleast testing out.

i have a question about this ice rink.i´ve always seen people wanting it so badly.what´s so special about it?does it help a lot ingame?or is it just the attraction itself?

Nothing special about it at all. I think there are just a number of players who are completionists and want all the characters and attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter