Disney Magic Kingdoms

So, like others, I won't have enough EC to buy the items needed to get the Mayor to level 2. Is it worth spending the EC on items (if so, which one?) or hold on to them for the gem conversion? I thought that last time (or at least the last time there was a villains challenge), one of the token changed after the event ended so any tokens in hand didn't help (was it the lowest level token?).

If you're OK to pay real money for low probability of getting mayor from chest, then get his tokens. I would start with the his hats first .
But, if you don't want to spend real money on this game, save your EC. According to reddit, the conversion rate is 5000 EC for 1 gem.

I did get the Mayor a few days ago, but completely gave up on trying to get 10000 event currency to get him to level 2. Not going to kill myself, especially for a character that will be worthless in the game for a while.

My max event currency every 2 hours is 280. So if I was dedicated enough to do this every 2 hours on the dot, I could collect 3360 every 24 hours. Doing this constantly for 3 straight days would give me 10080. I realized 3 days ago that it was going to be impossible for me to get to 10000 event currency because I'm not playing this game 24 hours a day for 3 straight days. Yes, we get a few extra currency from 6 buildings every 4 hours, but still not enough to make up for not playing 24 hours a day. Don't know why the interns decided to make the required currency for level 2 so ridiculous and almost unattainable. It should have been set to 5000 so that it could at least be attained, and we wouldn't be wasting all our current event currency.

Last edited:
So what pieces should I focus on getting first for the Mayor to use up event currency and help him to get close being able to level after the event?

I initially focused on getting his hats, then went for the ribbons, and finally the megaphone. If I remember right from past tower events, once the event ends, the megaphones will disappear and be replace with having to grind for Pumpkin Head tokens.

So what pieces should I focus on getting first for the Mayor to use up event currency and help him to get close being able to level after the event?

The 2 more expensive ones. In the past the first token (in this case the megaphone) gets replaced with the original first token of the set.

Finally have enough gems that I could buy Flower, Maximus, or Flash. Is one more beneficial than another? I am struggling to spend the gems because it took so long to build them up and I don’t want to need them for something else soon and not have them.

Finally have enough gems that I could buy Flower, Maximus, or Flash. Is one more beneficial than another? I am struggling to spend the gems because it took so long to build them up and I don’t want to need them for something else soon and not have them.

I'd bet the Wreck it Ralph event starts in 2 weeks - I'd save them for that

Agree with @Disney_Alli. I’d wait until the next W it R event and decide then.

It’s been a LONG time since I leveled the 3 you mentioned and not sure who would be the of “best” those 3. I than I’ve probably gotten more use out of Maximus, but don’t hold me on that.

Ugh. I need 1500 EC to buy one more item and welcome the mayor, but don’t have enough time... is it worth spending gems to speed up to get him?

I'm cutting it really close to welcome the mayor. I finished his tokens this morning and need to accumulate 1,000 EC to welcome him. Does anyone know if I'm safe welcoming him less than an hour before the event ends, or will he disappear if I haven't finished that hour?

I would wait for Wreck It Ralph event first, but If you don’t use your gems on the event I would decide based on what other character sets you need more help with. Do you have more Tangled, Zootopia or Bambi characters that need leveling?

Ugh. I need 1500 EC to buy one more item and welcome the mayor, but don’t have enough time... is it worth spending gems to speed up to get him?

How many gems will he cost if you just press the buy button on his character book screen? It may be cheaper gem-wise to do that.

Worth it? If you want him, this is the easiest and guaranteed opportunity to get him. Down the road, you will have to (likely) spend 60 gems for a “chance” to get him.

He will likely be useless for awhile, but he may prove helpful (not necessary, but helpful) in the future.

I'm cutting it really close to welcome the mayor. I finished his tokens this morning and need to accumulate 1,000 EC to welcome him. Does anyone know if I'm safe welcoming him less than an hour before the event ends, or will he disappear if I haven't finished that hour?
I have the same question. Looks like I will only have 30 minutes left when I can welcome him.

I have the same question. Looks like I will only have 30 minutes left when I can welcome him.
Yeah I have almost 17k EC no megaphones bought and no time to get any more coins cause my characters to low level should I just take the gems from the EC or buy megaphones for later when I try to buy him from a chest. Mind you have like 2k gems

I did get the Mayor a few days ago, but completely gave up on trying to get 10000 event currency to get him to level 2. Not going to kill myself, especially for a character that will be worthless in the game for a while

My max event currency every 2 hours is 280. So if I was dedicated enough to do this every 2 hours on the dot, I could collect 3360 every 24 hours. Doing this constantly for 3 straight days would give me 10080. I realized 3 days ago that it was going to be impossible for me to get to 10000 event currency because I'm not playing this game 24 hours a day for 3 straight days. Yes, we get a few extra currency from 6 buildings every 4 hours, but still not enough to make up for not playing 24 hours a day. Don't know why the interns decided to make the required currency for level 2 so ridiculous and almost unattainable. It should have been set to 5000 so that it could at least be attained, and we wouldn't be wasting all our current event currency.

I was like you, I saw I wasn't going to get the 10k and stopped playing the event since I had the mayor and his extra hats and ribbons. I've just been leveling up my other characters and playing my "normal" game.

Yeah I have almost 17k EC no megaphones bought and no time to get any more coins cause my characters to low level should I just take the gems from the EC or buy megaphones for later when I try to buy him from a chest. Mind you have like 2k gems
I figured out I could just spend 4 gems to speed up the 60 minute welcoming and get 4 gems back for completing him so I didn’t take the chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter